Author Topic: diff PCE Core and Core II  (Read 266 times)

spenoza

diff PCE Core and Core II
« on: May 16, 2009, 02:50:42 PM »
I'm curious to know how the Core and Core II differ. Is the Core II just a cheaper manufacturing process? It doesn't appear to differ in features.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Tatsujin

Re: diff PCE Core and Core II
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »
no differs, except the housing and probably some parts and inner layout. and yes, its release price^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »
I think the only differences are the color scheme and the presence of A/V jacks. I might be wrong about the jacks though.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
I think the only differences are the color scheme and the presence of A/V jacks. I might be wrong about the jacks though.

the core (core grafx, which I believe spenoza has in mind), had the A/V port already :)

www.pcedaisakusen.net

Mathius

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »

the core (core grafx, which I believe spenoza has in mind), had the A/V port already :)

I was thinking the Core Grafx had just an RF port and the Core Grafx II was considered an upgrade with the cool color scheme with the orange pin striping and the A/V jacks. As I am always willing to admit, I still have much to learn. I am not doing too bad though  :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »

I was thinking the Core Grafx had just an RF port and the Core Grafx II was considered an upgrade with the cool color scheme with the orange pin striping and the A/V jacks. As I am always willing to admit, I still have much to learn. I am not doing too bad though  :)

no, it's just the original core (whitey), which didn't provied the A/V and had RF only :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net