Author Topic: this Turbo Duo package is for my cousin - what's its price, can you help?  (Read 306 times)

billyjoe

hi everybody,
i found this forum by accident and i am happy to see that it is quite lively here - nice to see that there are still many pc-engine fans :)

the reason i found this place is i am looking for information about current prices for pc-engine games and systems.

i have a little collection of games and a turbo duo and my cousin wants to buy it badly.

well.. i own this system for a least 15 years now and it costed me a lot of money and sweat but on the other hand i haven't played a game for years. i guess my cousin could make more use of it than i do ..

so, i want to sell it to him for a reasonable price and figured out that ebay is no benchmark. because of that i would be more than happy if someone here could lend me a hand.

this is what i want to sell (everything is in absolute TOP condition - i collected this games with a lot of love):

- Turbo Duo System US,  with package and magazine&coupons

CD-Games:
- Gate of Thunder, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge -> all on one CD, US

- Lords of Thunder, US

- The Dynastic Hero, US

- Motoroader MC, JP

- Spriggan, JP

- Super Darius II, JP

- Star Parodier, JP

- YS Book I&II, US

- Dragon Slayer, US

- Beyond Shadowgate, US

- ninja game by Nichibutsu from 1993, JP - don't remember the name :(

HU-Card-Game:
- Ninja Spirit, US

so, if anybody got an idea of what its worth - please drop me a line

thx for reading
ben

Otaking

PM Sent  8)

override

This setup if in the condition described is worth a good chunk of change!

I would say (in my not so expert advice) that the system and all the games is worth about $450 - $500 if not more. It all depends on the collector and being able to see in person makes a huge difference...I know your selling to your cousin so maybe family to family you could give it for like $300.

I sold my Turbografx-16 with CD addon and Carry case for $200. It was in mint condition, had a new laser installed, region mod done both by me, with an extra laser for future failure incase it ever happened. Three Controllers, turbotap, and one game the guys on the forum told me I wasn't really asking enough so thats kinda where I get my basis from.

billyjoe

thx for the info!

yes, i guess about 300$ should be fair - my idea was nearly the same  :)

nectarsis

Considering there's a US Beyond Shadowgate, and Dynastic Hero..cousin or not, that would be GENEROUS even at $400 for all that.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

billyjoe

hi nectarsis,

you mean $400? hmm.. I see - guess I have to reconsider it.

I appreciate your replies guys! :wink:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Dynastic hero and BSG?!

lfsldfasf;asdfj;asdlfkas;dfljslfjsf

give nao!

>_<

yeah, 400$ is reasonable...since hes related!

man. Im jealous
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Black Tiger

Just to warn you since you probably have already received low ball offers from people hoping to scoop up some of your more valuable games before you catch on, here's what these items often sell for, although the higher they are the more inflated the prices are than what they're genuinely worth-

- Turbo Duo System US,  with package and magazine&coupons $300 - $500

- Gate of Thunder, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge -> all on one CD, US $30 - $40

- Lords of Thunder, US $25 - $30

- The Dynastic Hero, US $400 - $600

- Motoroader MC, JP $15 - $25

- Spriggan, JP $40 - $50

- Super Darius II, JP $50 - $70

- Star Parodier, JP $30 -$50

- YS Book I&II, US $30 - $50

- Dragon Slayer, US $40 - $60

- Beyond Shadowgate, US $80 - $160

- ninja game by Nichibutsu from 1993, JP - Iga Ninden Gaou? $20 -$30

- Ninja Spirit, US $10
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

override

Just to warn you since you probably have already received low ball offers from people hoping to scoop up some of your more valuable games before you catch on, here's what these items often sell for, although the higher they are the more inflated the prices are than what they're genuinely worth-

- Turbo Duo System US,  with package and magazine&coupons $300 - $500

- Gate of Thunder, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge -> all on one CD, US $30 - $40

- Lords of Thunder, US $25 - $30

- The Dynastic Hero, US $400 - $600

- Motoroader MC, JP $15 - $25

- Spriggan, JP $40 - $50

- Super Darius II, JP $50 - $70

- Star Parodier, JP $30 -$50

- YS Book I&II, US $30 - $50

- Dragon Slayer, US $40 - $60

- Beyond Shadowgate, US $80 - $160

- ninja game by Nichibutsu from 1993, JP - Iga Ninden Gaou? $20 -$30

- Ninja Spirit, US $10

Not to be rude or anything but if you are refering to people on the forums trying to give "low ball" offers I don't believe your right... :-k I don't think anyone that has posted so far is trying to get the system, just referring whether or not prices sound good and what values he does have in the system and games. Its more of a matter of people didnt quite do the research you may have done now or in the past on games.....I hope I dont step on your toes or anything, im not trying too...I just dont [-X want to be refered to as a guy that is trying to "give low ball offers for valuable games" in hopes to "scoop them up before he catches on".  :D :D

Black Tiger

Not to be rude or anything but if you are refering to people on the forums trying to give "low ball" offers I don't believe your right... :-k I don't think anyone that has posted so far is trying to get the system, just referring whether or not prices sound good and what values he does have in the system and games. Its more of a matter of people didnt quite do the research you may have done now or in the past on games.....I hope I dont step on your toes or anything, im not trying too...I just dont [-X want to be refered to as a guy that is trying to "give low ball offers for valuable games" in hopes to "scoop them up before he catches on".  :D :D

I'm not talking about people who've responded to this thread.

We've had people in the past buy reasonably priced items through the forum only to flip them later on eBay for much more than they paid for them, in some cases the resellers even pretend to be other people. Plus, there are many people who have joined and monitor the forums but don't usually/ever post, -I wouldn't be surprised if there are more of them than regular posters. We've also found out at times that at least some of the eBay sellers who either manipulate the market or are just out to make a quick buck are watching as well.

I'm not talking about people who've responded to this thread, although he did say he said he's only looking for info and intends to sell the lot to his cousin, so he shouldn't be receiving offers anyways. The fact that he said it "costed me a lot of money and sweat" and "everything is in absolute TOP condition - i collected this games with a lot of love" instead of "I just found this stuff for $20 at a garage sale" is reason alone to help him from getting ripped off by anyone, including his cousin if his intentions aren't innocent(I don't know their relationship).

I often read online and hear people locally bragging about ripping people off who were "too stupid" to realize the collectible value of something they sold to them for next to nothing (especially local fleamarket venders).

Don't worry about 'stepping on my toes', I'm not offended or anything. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Tatsujin

BT is right. we had some few twats here before and god alone knows which are still lurking around silent.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

override

I'm not talking about people who've responded to this thread.

We've had people in the past buy reasonably priced items through the forum only to flip them later on eBay for much more than they paid for them, in some cases the resellers even pretend to be other people. Plus, there are many people who have joined and monitor the forums but don't usually/ever post, -I wouldn't be surprised if there are more of them than regular posters. We've also found out at times that at least some of the eBay sellers who either manipulate the market or are just out to make a quick buck are watching as well.

I'm not talking about people who've responded to this thread, although he did say he said he's only looking for info and intends to sell the lot to his cousin, so he shouldn't be receiving offers anyways. The fact that he said it "costed me a lot of money and sweat" and "everything is in absolute TOP condition - i collected this games with a lot of love" instead of "I just found this stuff for $20 at a garage sale" is reason alone to help him from getting ripped off by anyone, including his cousin if his intentions aren't innocent(I don't know their relationship).

I often read online and hear people locally bragging about ripping people off who were "too stupid" to realize the collectible value of something they sold to them for next to nothing (especially local fleamarket venders).

Don't worry about 'stepping on my toes', I'm not offended or anything. :)

Ahh ok ok, Well I have not been around these forums for long so I was unaware of that....It seems that most everyone that I have run into here are good peeps....

I highly understand AND agree with your agruement though.....Although if I find an item with a good price tag I usually dont say much unless I know FO SHO I would be ripping em' off.

Well thanks for the respond and glad I didnt step on anyones toes!

billyjoe

Hey that's a lot more info than I could have hoped for GREAT :D

You all gave me a bit to think about. I'm a bit unsure now whether to sell everything or not.

I guess my cousin is unable to pay the mentioned amount of money, so maybe I should build up my library of games instead.

It was his idea to buy it from me.

I always had a lot of fun collecting games ... damn, wish I would have more time to play.

Tatsujin

you also can sell just the cheap common stuff to him for the cheap and put the rest up on the bay to make some good cash.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^