Author Topic: Traitor Dungeon Explorer games on other systems ;-)  (Read 1762 times)

Keranu

Traitor Dungeon Explorer games on other systems ;-)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 10:35:52 AM »
There is never much talk about Blood Gear on the net, but everyone that does mention it agrees that it's awesome.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 04:57:07 PM »
Personally, I consider Ane-San(Big Sister) for the Turbo to be one of the good Final Fight games.  It's wierd, it's 2 players, & it has some pretty big sprites!  As for the SNES, I love Ninja Warriors Return or whatever it was called, but I don't think it was 2 players.  Hopefully, we'll (Frozne Utopia)work on Dragon Arm, that should be a cool game no doubt, I just gotta make some tight beats for it.

KingDrool

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 07:59:26 AM »
Well, based on the conversation here, I picked up a copy of Dungeon Explorer for Sega CD on eBay.  I'll post my impressions of it when it gets here.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 08:15:30 AM »
Quote from: "jlued686"
Well, based on the conversation here, I picked up a copy of Dungeon Explorer for Sega CD on eBay.  I'll post my impressions of it when it gets here.
ahh, so you were the other bidder!  I'm glad we didn't get into a bidding war ;)
  |    | 

KingDrool

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 10:01:50 AM »
Sorry 'bout that!  I didn't even look to see who bid.  If I would have seen you on the bid list, I would have held off.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 06:45:31 PM »
no, my max bid was $12-13 (+6 shipping) to keep in under $20 ;) ... it turns out some other folks came along later to raise the bid...
  |    | 

eastx

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »
Umm, Final Fight for Sega CD IS censored, just not as much as FInal Fight for Super Nintendo. The Super Famicom version of Final Fight and the Sega CD version are actually in-line female content-wise... The Mega CD version just had a little extra cheesecake to enjoy.

Also, FF for SNES IS a good game, despite its lack of 2-player and Guy. Final Fight Guy is nice (and uncensored, since it wasn't properly released in the US) but still doesn't have the Mega CD extra content or 2-player.

Final Fight One for GBA Japanese version is based on the Super Famicom game (with cool unique extras) and 2-player, while the US version is censored as the SNES version was.

Oh, and Dungeon Explorer 2 had some freaking awesome cinemas, music, and dubbing! But I never could beat it all the way through as the bard... He's just too weak.
-Paul Acevedo
Xbox Live GamerTag: EastX

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 01:13:04 PM »
IIRC, I've beaten DE2 with everybody.  Great game it 'tis!

rolins

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 09:45:05 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
There is never much talk about Blood Gear on the net, but everyone that does mention it agrees that it's awesome.

What kind of game is Blood Gear? I've heard of this game before but can't find a review of it anywhere. I checked out pcecp.com and from the screenshots it looks similar to Front Mission Gun Hazard (SFC).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 12:57:25 PM »
I'd say it's an Action/RPG.  Kind of like Exile, but with mechs!

GUTS

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 04:58:42 PM »
If you google Blood Gear my old, old review for it is the #2 result.

rolins

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
If you google Blood Gear my old, old review for it is the #2 result.

Not really a indepth review, the author could've put up more in-game screenshots.

I did like reading his hate mail section.

Keranu

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 05:14:54 PM »
Haha, that's GUTS' site. BIGGER UNIVERSO is the best website ever made.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 05:33:48 PM »
Haha, that's GUTS' site. BIGGER UNIVERSO is the best website ever made.

I didn't know that was Gut's site until you told me. Thanks for telling me Keranu. Guts, I really enjoyed your article on Kaze Kiri. The repetitive fighting is its biggest flaw. Good thing I played a backup copy on ME first.

Kaminari

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 07:49:48 PM »
What else have they done besides Wonderboy though? I know they did Bloodgear which also KICKS ASS.

Add Wataru (yep... Keith Courage) to the list ;)

They might have done Granzort too, but I'm speculating.