Author Topic: WTB: Magical Chase Manual  (Read 3287 times)

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
Re: WTB: Magical Chase Manual
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 05:31:01 PM »
Ha, I really don't care who believes me on the story
Makes no sense since you write posts that are too long to read.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

seieienbu

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 06:15:48 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-Manual-Only-TurboGrafx-16-1993/253257134946?epid=56252959&hash=item3af74d3362:g:yoMAAOSwhVxaCbYY

Christmas came early?? If the seller goes outside eBay and accepts a lower bid, maybe he'll accept something closer to your offer. I kind of like the rental stamp on it lol, kind of want it. But a starting bid of 2K just for the manual is ludicrous. Even if it is OBO

I saw that same manual a year ago for $800 at a retro game show.  Some time later, I saw a guy make his "haul" post on a facebook group including that manual and a bunch of other stuff.  This manual is kinda fun because you can track it to some degree.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2018, 01:37:51 PM »
OP has nothing at all to be ashamed of. The market is the market. I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know by saying the supply is low for these late run games and there are people out there that want them.....which means the price goes up to these ridiculous amounts. Mind you no way in hell i'd ever pay these amounts but low supply + demand = $$$$. Why should games be any different?

Do coin collectors get this much flack for not spending their mint rare 1943 pennies at face value?
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

turboswimbz

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »
OP has nothing at all to be ashamed of. The market is the market. I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know by saying the supply is low for these late run games and there are people out there that want them.....which means the price goes up to these ridiculous amounts. Mind you no way in hell i'd ever pay these amounts but low supply + demand = $$$$. Why should games be any different?

Do coin collectors get this much flack for not spending their mint rare 1943 pennies at face value?

If a collector walked into a pawn shop and asked for a double eagle out of the blue, for 10-20% off market value, they would get a ton of shit.  Over the years this has happened here repeatedly to people who don't care much other than to make money or earn shelf candy.  You've been here long enough to see one or two I'm sure. 

I'm not saying the OP did anything wrong per say,  but when you are looking for the rarest of items, know there is only a small chance anyone has one, and aren't an active member other than to buy/see/trade, people here are going to say something about it.  probably a bit unfair at times, but justified most of the time.

No one is saying that supply and demand aren't affecting the price or that the price is wrong, just that most of us, like you, won't pay it.  (Although I would argue there are more MC than some other late games out there and that the supply is somewhat exaggerated by E-bay and the internet culture of youtube/twitch/amazon/ etc.)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:38:20 AM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tbone3969

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 12:51:20 AM »
Holy shit.  $1,800 for a manual with a rental stamp on it.  Cray, Cray......
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2018, 03:16:12 AM »

You must have reading comprehension problems.

Nobody really gives a f*ck about OP paying "market value" for the manual; the ire comes from him trying to buy for LESS than current "market value" but when he has something to sell he wants MORE.  It has been (and always will be) about him being a greedy leech that only cares about himself and giving zero f*cks for the community.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 03:41:33 AM »
Cool bump.

You must have reading comprehension problems.

Nobody really gives a f*ck about OP paying "market value" for the manual; the ire comes from him trying to buy for LESS than current "market value" but when he has something to sell he wants MORE.  It has been (and always will be) about him being a greedy leech that only cares about himself and giving zero f*cks for the community.

His last posts were in this thread, lol.

wildfruit

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
Is this raffle still on?

turboswimbz

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 05:01:06 AM »
Is this raffle still on?

Yes entrance fee is 1 human soul. does not need to be yours.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

vestcoat

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »
Threads like this are why I love PCEFX.
Thanks to the obligatory bump from the 40-year-old, white, video gamer that believes the free market can do no wrong and totally missed the point. I might have missed this topic!

seieienbu

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2018, 12:24:39 PM »

Do coin collectors get flack for going on random forums and trying to buy mint rare 1943 pennies for 60% off the "market" price?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
I'd like to buy 100 dollars at the price of 60 dollars, please.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
Threads like this are why I love PCEFX.
Thanks to the obligatory bump from the 40-year-old, white, video gamer that believes the free market can do no wrong and totally missed the point. I might have missed this topic!

And posts like this are why I love vesty.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gex

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:41 AM »
I'm surprised Sonik hasn't made a deal with the guy who has his manual posted on eBay. They're both NA users and seem pretty likeminded. Surely by now the seller has come to the conclusion that his BIN price isn't realistic. It's been almost 2 months now I think? Or maybe he's waiting for tax season or something. I've had NA sellers in the past tell me they'll wait until this time of year to sell.

xelement5x

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »
I'm surprised Sonik hasn't made a deal with the guy who has his manual posted on eBay. They're both NA users and seem pretty likeminded. Surely by now the seller has come to the conclusion that his BIN price isn't realistic. It's been almost 2 months now I think? Or maybe he's waiting for tax season or something. I've had NA sellers in the past tell me they'll wait until this time of year to sell.

Lol, I have heard the same thing. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story