Author Topic: The best Turbo system  (Read 825 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: The best Turbo system
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 08:44:48 AM »
I wouldn't mind having a wireless pad are they difficult to attain?

I was being a bit facetious with my pro-wireless rant; I may like 'em, but I know they have drawbacks and ain't for everyone.  That said, though a bit pricey, they're not hard to find.  Rising Stuff has receiver/pad sets for $75 boxed ($65 loose) and $15 for each additional pad (only one receiver is required).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Fatality

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »
Hey everybody I'm new here and I have some very very NOOOOOOOOB questions to ask so please don't kill me :mrgreen: I rarely know anything about NEC, but I do have a US TurboGrafx-16 that I love to death. I am about to purchase a PC Engine Duo-R and I just wan't to clarify on some things. The PC Engine Duo-R plays both American and Japanese CD-Rom2 and Super CD-Rom2 games right? Does it only play Japanese HuCards? Sorry for these Noob questions I was orginally going to buy a US Turboduo, but I read on a lot of game forums that the Turboduo has a tendency to lose its sound and that the PC-Engine Duo-R are more reliable is this correct? And I am also going to purchase Street Fighter II for it will it work with this system since the game is an import I believe so I don't need a converter card or anything like that. Thanks for the help and I really apologize for the Noob questions, but I had to ask because you guys are NEC Geniuses. Peace

TR0N

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »
Hey everybody I'm new here and I have some very very NOOOOOOOOB questions to ask so please don't kill me :mrgreen: I rarely know anything about NEC, but I do have a US TurboGrafx-16 that I love to death. I am about to purchase a PC Engine Duo-R and I just wan't to clarify on some things. The PC Engine Duo-R plays both American and Japanese CD-Rom2 and Super CD-Rom2 games right? Does it only play Japanese HuCards?
Games on cd region free while hucards are not unless a region switch is put in.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »
Hey everybody I'm new here and I have some very very NOOOOOOOOB questions to ask so please don't kill me :mrgreen: I rarely know anything about NEC, but I do have a US TurboGrafx-16 that I love to death. I am about to purchase a PC Engine Duo-R and I just wan't to clarify on some things. The PC Engine Duo-R plays both American and Japanese CD-Rom2 and Super CD-Rom2 games right? Does it only play Japanese HuCards? Sorry for these Noob questions I was orginally going to buy a US Turboduo, but I read on a lot of game forums that the Turboduo has a tendency to lose its sound and that the PC-Engine Duo-R are more reliable is this correct? And I am also going to purchase Street Fighter II for it will it work with this system since the game is an import I believe so I don't need a converter card or anything like that. Thanks for the help and I really apologize for the Noob questions, but I had to ask because you guys are NEC Geniuses. Peace

First, welcome.

Second, you're in great shape.

Since you have TG-16 already, you should definitely purchase a Japanese Duo (-R / -RX might be most reliable) because then you will be able to play:

North American HuCards (TG-16 console)
Japanese HuCards (DUO)
All CD/SCD games (plus, you can purchase an Arcade System Card if you want to play ACD's)

Arcade CD's:
                 Battlefield '94 In Super Battle Dream
         Fire Pro Female Wrestling (WOWOW vs. JWP...
         Garou Densetsu 2
         Garou Densetsu Special
         Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
         Jong Shin Densetsu
         Kabuki Itouryodan
         Mad Stalker Full Metal Force
         Madou Monogatari I Honou no Sotsuenji
         Ryuuko No Ken
         Strider Hiryuu
         World Heroes 2

Street Fighter II' is a Japanese HuCard, which you can play on your Japanese DUO. You probably will want at least 2 six-button controllers for Street Fighter II'.

Your plan is sensible: you'll have an excellent set-up for enjoying all the games, regardless of region. Go for it.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

|    | 

Fatality

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »
Thanks for the help TRON and esteban, greatly appreciate the your responses

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 11:47:53 PM »
You are also going to want to buy Insanity

dont forget that. :)

Don't fret the lack of 6 button controllers atm.  You will get by fine without breaking your wallet trying to find an RX 6 buttoner.  The Dpads on em are stiff anyways.  What you want is the Avenue 6 pad!

Avenue 6 pads are cheaper and boy are the d-pads nice, but... in all honesty, you will barely get a use out of it unless you want to play fighters, and even then its not going to kill you if you don't have it.  Some fighters only use 2 buttons !

You should be more worried about getting a nice, shiney Duo-R or RX!

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 03:46:37 AM »
Welcome aboard, Fatality.  Contrary to Arkhan's lunatic ravings, you'll definitely want to pick up a pair of 6 button pads and a tap; considering how cheap they are, there's no reason to play SFII without 'em (except on a GT).  Besides, you'll need a couple of extra controllers for multi-player bouts in Bomberman and Dungeon Explorer8)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Fatality

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 05:06:39 AM »
Yeah, it seems on ebay that the PC-Engine Duo-R's seem to go a lot cheaper that the Turboduos. My Price Range for the PC Engine Duo-R is around $250 and I see a bunch of them around that price. The Turboduo I see go for more than $400 on ebay. So I'm glad the PC Engine Duo-R is going more cheaper and it is known to be more reliable :mrgreen: Thanks for the response everyone, this is a great forum with a bunch of cool people.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
Welcome aboard, Fatality.  Contrary to Arkhan's lunatic ravings, you'll definitely want to pick up a pair of 6 button pads and a tap; considering how cheap they are, there's no reason to play SFII without 'em (except on a GT).  Besides, you'll need a couple of extra controllers for multi-player bouts in Bomberman and Dungeon Explorer8)

Multiplayer?  Whats that.

I guess you need friends for that!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

exile

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 02:05:22 PM »
Damn Arkan, do you need a friend? I'll gladly be one so you wont face those enemied in solo play of D.E :wink: