Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 66201 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #3060 on: October 04, 2017, 02:39:07 AM »
For the last two weeks or so, I've been playing Nayuta no Kiseki on the PSP.  Any Ys / Falcom fans should check it out - it plays similar to Ys 7, is lengthy (~42 hours for me), has sweet Falcom band tunes, and there's lots of stuff to find, collect, etc.

Best of all, it's got a translation patch!  Thanks for that, SkyeWelse.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

lukester

« Reply #3061 on: October 17, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »
Played some Arkanoid and Darius Twin on the snes today. Fun games, classic Taito :)

Looking forward to Mario in a week or so

TR0N

« Reply #3062 on: October 17, 2017, 07:53:39 PM »
Retro Freak
Sweet Home (nes/famicom)

All ready finished my run on Ys Origin and Castlevaina 3.I've had sweet home for quite a few years now and i got the urge to play it finally  :oops:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:43:59 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bloufo

« Reply #3063 on: October 18, 2017, 05:25:00 AM »
Playing a bit of 'Low G Man' on the NES.

Seems rough around the edges but somewhat enjoyable.
It would help though if your characters main attribute (in this case the really long jump/leap) would be used as more than just a novelty type thing.

jtucci31

« Reply #3064 on: October 18, 2017, 06:42:50 AM »
Finally beat Sonic Mania on my lunch break. It felt maddeningly stupid for my first 5 tries, but after that I really figured out how to maximize my time (because my biggest downfall with fighting Dr Robotnik was running out of time). I would give that game like a 3 or 4 out of 5. I had some fun with it, and felt a bit annoyed at times, but overall had a good time.

Also finished Breath of the Wild earlier this week and that game is something. On one hand, the overall experience of playing an open world game like this with such an expansive world where you can literally go anywhere and climb anything was amazing, especially in the first 10 hours or so. But it certainly had its setbacks that made getting through the last 15 of my 75+ hour adventure feel a bit tedious. I still say it's a great game overall without a doubt, but it's nowhere near a "perfect" or "best of all time" game.

May pick up Golf Story next or Stardew Valley soon. But I also may finally play Resident Evil 4 or Bloodborne for the first time to get in the October spirit.

blueraven

« Reply #3065 on: October 18, 2017, 06:48:49 AM »
I'm playing a shitload of PCE Shinobi because I won it in Bob's raffle, and I haven't taken it out of the system in like 6 months, true story.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

esteban

« Reply #3066 on: October 18, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »
I'm playing a shitload of PCE Shinobi because I won it in Bob's raffle, and I haven't taken it out of the system in like 6 months, true story.

I like PCE Shinobi and Master System Shinobi... they capture a lot of the fun/excitement (yes, I know they aren’t perfect/complete).

:)

Many moons ago, I kept Master System Shinobi in console for months and months (I had to beat the bastard, and it was tough for me).
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #3067 on: October 18, 2017, 01:06:42 PM »
Finally beat Sonic Mania on my lunch break. It felt maddeningly stupid for my first 5 tries, but after that I really figured out how to maximize my time (because my biggest downfall with fighting Dr Robotnik was running out of time). I would give that game like a 3 or 4 out of 5. I had some fun with it, and felt a bit annoyed at times, but overall had a good time.

Also finished Breath of the Wild earlier this week and that game is something. On one hand, the overall experience of playing an open world game like this with such an expansive world where you can literally go anywhere and climb anything was amazing, especially in the first 10 hours or so. But it certainly had its setbacks that made getting through the last 15 of my 75+ hour adventure feel a bit tedious. I still say it's a great game overall without a doubt, but it's nowhere near a "perfect" or "best of all time" game.

May pick up Golf Story next or Stardew Valley soon. But I also may finally play Resident Evil 4 or Bloodborne for the first time to get in the October spirit.

Nice.

RE4 is definitely worth playing, though a big departure from previous games in the series.

jtucci31

« Reply #3068 on: October 18, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
Finally beat Sonic Mania on my lunch break. It felt maddeningly stupid for my first 5 tries, but after...

Nice.

RE4 is definitely worth playing, though a big departure from previous games in the series.

I actually downloaded the first one for free off PSN because it was a PS+ game, but still figured 4 would be a good starting point.

crazydean

« Reply #3069 on: October 18, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »
Finished off Super Mario Bros 2 about a week ago. So, I decided to try 3 and got to the airship in World 7 last night. After picking it up again today, I finished it off in two hours or so (I didn't say I was good at it). They were both beaten on the SNES, Super Mario All-Stars because I didn't want to use warp zones and finishing either game in one sitting without warp zones would either require a lot more time and/or skill.

The SMB games on NES were very important for the system and even modern gamers have played at least one of them, if not all. Last year I decided to go through the three, but I didn't get very far at first. It took me forever to beat the first one. I ended up getting very lucky on Bowser using a well-timed jump that I didn't even plan. Anyway, they are all iconic and I'm glad to have played through them all.

Personally, my favorite was 2 which surprised me because I never liked it when i was a kid and always preferred 3. However, I love the physics of 2 better than the others. It just feels like I have more control. Also, there are more unique characters (for obvious reasons) to fight, and the final boss was a great fight.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

TR0N

« Reply #3070 on: October 18, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »
F
or Bloodborne for the first time to get in the October spirit.
Bloodborne is one of the best exclusive for the PS4 also don't forget to download the old hunters.Now if only,from software would make a sequel to it since dark souls is finished.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gredler

« Reply #3071 on: October 19, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
I've been playing Golf Story on my switch a lot, and have really been enjoying it. Highly recommended if you have any passing interest in golf games and quirky rpg style stories

blueraven

« Reply #3072 on: October 20, 2017, 10:04:04 AM »
Many moons ago, I kept Master System Shinobi in console for months and months (I had to beat the bastard, and it was tough for me).

Epic. The only master system game I really remember was Ninja Kid or something... the mechanics were really broken.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

jtucci31

« Reply #3073 on: October 20, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
I've been playing Golf Story on my switch a lot, and have really been enjoying it. Highly recommended if you have any passing interest in golf games and quirky rpg style stories
I've been playing that too! It's my in-between game before Mario Odyssey. I'm liking it so far! The story aspect is ok, but I just really mainly love golfing and doing fun golf related requests for people.

Punch

« Reply #3074 on: October 23, 2017, 04:00:05 AM »
Playing Sudden Strike 4 on my PS4, the reviews were less than stellar but I'm addicted to it somehow!