Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65336 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #330 on: November 29, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »
After deciding that the PS3 is not worth it right now I plunged into the xbox 360 world.. and currently playing Phantasy Star Universe on there..  One thing I hate about 360 is sudden jolt or tilt of the machine while a disc inside is spinning makes it sound like the disc has gone loose and bouncing around, then you got one badly scratched disc as I found out the hard way.. so no pets or young kids near it please!!

Ever since the 360 came out, I've heard stories about scratched discs. But it never happened to me, until recently...

After I got my new LCD TV, I stood my 360 in the upright position behind the TV so I could fit both on the stand I was using. A week or so later and PSU started crashing whenever I tried to load specific areas of the game.

It took me a while to narrow it down, but my game disc was actually severely scratched, in a ring pattern near the outer edge. I was releived that I didn't need a new system, after discovering that the 360 only has a 30 day warranty.

Luckily, PSU was the only game that got scratched(I'd been playing only it and GoW). I took the disc to a local game rental store(Ground Zero) that does disc resurfacing.

They use a large machine and not one of those ripp-off Game Doctor things. They gave my the disc back in a few minutes looking better than new and it plays fine now.

Needles to say, my 360 went back to the flat position and my Wii will never be played upright(once I get one).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

rolins

« Reply #331 on: November 29, 2006, 03:00:25 PM »
FM-Towns:
Alltynex - fantastic doujin shooter by Siter Skain. I really dig everything about the game: graphics, music, and especially the weaponry system. It's cool being able to switch from airplane to robot, and go into a melee attack.

Image Fight - Christ, it's just as unforgiving as the the arcade, but decent gameplay. Not much of must-play here, but what I truely hate about this port is the tate-destorying mode. It's has one of those screens where it can be scrolled up or down in relation to the player’s position. Those are so annoying because you tend to get blind sided by enemies who can see you and you can't see them. Until you move up the screen where the enemy can fire at you point blank, and sometimes it too late to dodge.

Digi.k

« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

Ever since the 360 came out, I've heard stories about scratched discs. But it never happened to me, until recently...

Needles to say, my 360 went back to the flat position and my Wii will never be played upright(once I get one).

Yea friends told me beforehand never stand the 360 upright.

rolins

« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »
FM-Towns
Marble Madness - Awesome conversion and the soundtrack is great. I'm really terrible at this game, I can't get past the 2nd stage without dying several times. I'm getting the hang of this game though, it's quite addictive. I wish I could get my mouse ball to work properly b/c I'm stuck using the arrow keys.

PC Windows
Kamui - Great Raystorm clone. Beating this game once is not enough, I want to keep playing it again and again.

PC-Engine
Spriggan
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:49:55 AM by rolins »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »
After deciding that the PS3 is not worth it right now I plunged into the xbox 360 world.. and currently playing Phantasy Star Universe on there..  One thing I hate about 360 is sudden jolt or tilt of the machine while a disc inside is spinning makes it sound like the disc has gone loose and bouncing around, then you got one badly scratched disc as I found out the hard way.. so no pets or young kids near it please!!

After I got my new LCD TV, I stood my 360 in the upright position behind the TV so I could fit both on the stand I was using. A week or so later and PSU started crashing whenever I tried to load specific areas of the game.

It took me a while to narrow it down, but my game disc was actually severely scratched, in a ring pattern near the outer edge. I was releived that I didn't need a new system, after discovering that the 360 only has a 30 day warranty.

Luckily, PSU was the only game that got scratched(I'd been playing only it and GoW). I took the disc to a local game rental store(Ground Zero) that does disc resurfacing.

They use a large machine and not one of those ripp-off Game Doctor things. They gave my the disc back in a few minutes looking better than new and it plays fine now.

Yea I never tilt disc based drives upright. Could scratch disc,and its not good for the laser eye because it has to fight with gravity more then usual.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2006, 03:38:51 PM »
Tried to play Daytona on the Dreamcast, but the disc has decided it doesn't want to load any more.  Phuggin' Dreamcast. 

Then I played the first 5 minutes or so of Shenmue 2 on my Xbox360.

TR0N

« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
GC
Custom Robo
Bomberman Jetters

I know i'll be playing those for a while untile... my copy of zelda tlp get's here.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #337 on: December 16, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »
Bomberman Jetters
I bought this game my little bro's birthday two or three years ago, I didn't find it very good though. Some of the stages on multiplayer mode were fun, but single player was really dull in my opinon, but hey Bomberman isn't designed for single player! :)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »
Bomberman Jetters
I bought this game my little bro's birthday two or three years ago, I didn't find it very good though. Some of the stages on multiplayer mode were fun, but single player was really dull in my opinon, but hey Bomberman isn't designed for single player! :)
Yeah single player on it isn't special it's just like bomberman generations.

Multiplayer is where it's at as well for bomberman jetters.

I picked it up last month over at ciruit city for $14.95 so when i have, friends over i can have a good vs match.

Pretty much finshing single player... is for unlocking extra characters in multiplayer mode.

TR0N

« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
Bump!

Was playing custom robo and bomberman jetters.

My copy of Zelda TP for the GC finally came in the mail today  :dance:

So i'll be playing that for a while since... i've waited so long to try it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 02:46:01 PM by Tron »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2006, 02:53:48 PM »
Art of Fighting on my 2-slot.

Digi.k

« Reply #341 on: December 20, 2006, 05:58:29 AM »
still playing Animal crossing on DS and collecting snowman furniture... rolling those snowballs around is pain though..

Even more hooked on Phantasy Star universe now and currently investigating feng shui stuff on there and doing looooong S rank runs in Neudaiz

TR0N

« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »
GC
Zelda TP well i finally beat it ganon wasn't that tough  :P

Famicom
Castlevania 3 Dracula Curse

Dunno i'll play, Zelda TP all the way through again for a long whew.........

Joe Redifer

« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2007, 05:35:43 PM »
Magic Knight Rayearth on my powerful Sega Saturn video game system.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2007, 11:55:21 PM »
I hope I never see a plank QTE ever again.

Worst QTE ever, thanks Shenmue 2.