Author Topic: Cho Aniki Zero PSP gets U.S. Release  (Read 383 times)

MotherGunner

Cho Aniki Zero PSP gets U.S. Release
« on: October 25, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
Didnt see a topic on this so excuse me if I missed it.

http://kotaku.com/5388645/cho-aniki-zero-isnt-just-for-japan-anymore/gallery/

Cho Aniki Zero Isn't Just For Japan Anymore
By Mike Fahey, 11:20 AM on Fri Oct 23 2009, 12,183 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp) Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel  select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop sploid

We were positive that the homoerotic PSP shooter Cho Aniki Zero would never make it out of Japan, but Aksys Games proves us wrong, bringing the fight against Balzac II to North America next spring.

We were so positive Cho Aniki Zero wouldn't make the trip overseas that we gave it the "Only in Japan" tag, certain that a game featuring muscle-bound snowmen with smaller snowmen jutting from their groins wouldn't fly stateside, but there you go. Not only is Aksys making it available as a digital download from the PlayStation Store this Spring, they are using words like thrust and poled to announce it.

"Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, proudly brings you this announcement, in exaltation of all that is manly: in spring 2010, Cho Aniki Zero will be oiled up and ready to thrust its way onto your PSP system!"

*sigh*

The game features five levels of shooting action, in which players choose between Idaten and Benten, pick a giant, muscled sidekick, and then go to town, collecting Man Protein so they can fire off their Men's Beam in order to defeat the evil forces of Emperor Balzac II. What more could you possibly want?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Turbo D

Re: Cho Aniki Zero PSP gets U.S. Release
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:36:11 PM »
lol, I never thought I'd see the day that a game like that could come to the U.S. I'll make sure to download it (illegally) the first instance it's available!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:54:50 AM »
I don't know why they were so certain that it'd never come to the US, considering the powers that be saw fit to bring Cho Aniki to the US over a year ago.  I wonder what they'll sell it for as a download (compared to the original UMD release) and if it will have anything removed from the original content (not in terms of censorship, but for size limitations or content/price considerations).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:30:27 PM »
I don't know why they were so certain that it'd never come to the US, considering the powers that be saw fit to bring Cho Aniki to the US over a year ago.  I wonder what they'll sell it for as a download (compared to the original UMD release) and if it will have anything removed from the original content (not in terms of censorship, but for size limitations or content/price considerations).

I wish I had a Wii just to play Cho Aniki, since it is one of many games I don't have yet...

As for this PSP game... damn, I wish someone I knew had a PSP.

|    |