Author Topic: Cyber City Oedo 808: So there's really no translation?  (Read 1547 times)

Samuray

Cyber City Oedo 808: So there's really no translation?
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
I recently stumbled upon screenshots of this game, and MAN, did they speak to me! This gloomy city atmosphere is so my thing...wow. Never paid much attention to the game itself because I figured it's all in Japanese anyway.....but now I want it!!!  :dance:

So, uh ....it doesn't seem there's a translated version of this game? At least not one that's being made available? What a shame, if correct. Is there any hope that might change? And would it be worth it not just for the cityscapes but for the game itself, i.e. is it good?

I posted that in here because, well, it's about the potential English version. Hope that's okay!

.Samuray

gex

Re: Cyber City Oedo 808: So there's really no translation?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »
Big fan of TV series, I quite enjoyed watching it! despite how short it is. As soon as I found out there was a PCE release, I was pumped. But yeah, I had no luck finding a translation either. I doubt it's gonna get a translation anytime soon, more hyped up games need to be translated.

Samuray

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 11:10:48 PM »
Aw man, what a shame. This looks too good. Hopefully something will happen with that one day, and if possible in physical form...I have neither an Everdrive nor a CD burner :)

esteban

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 02:09:35 AM »
Comrade, we feel your enthusiasm.

There is a long “wish list” that might come to fruition before we die.

But don’t hold your breath.

:)
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 02:16:55 AM »
Comrade, we feel your enthusiasm.

There is a long “wish list” that might come to fruition before we die.

But don’t hold your breath.

:)

What he said.

You just have to face the fact that, we, as PCE fans of an underdog system don't have and never will have the amount of fans that NES/SNES/Genesis have which translated into an explosion of fan translation/mod teams with hundreds of active projects!

There is no GideonZhi for the PC Engine and never will be, someone who practically intends to translate every Japanese SNES ROM left that other fan teams aren't already working on!

It's great that elmer found us and is happy to work with SamIAm for the Xanadu projects and maybe Anearth Fantasy Stories in the future, but we'd need a lot more talent like him, Bonknuts, David Shadoff, cabbage, filler, etc. who are as driven as the NES/SNES fanbase...

We just don't have the numbers and never will. Heck, I didn't even finish the Xak III project if you consider lack of English dubbing... :/