Author Topic: My SuperGraFX on eBay- no reserve (PCE games included)  (Read 2562 times)

omnedon

Re: My SuperGraFX on eBay- no reserve (PCE games included)
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »
UPS has attempted to deliver the parcel and missed me. I believe they may try again today. I do have the door notice indicating they did not leave it in my secure parcel area, since it has $49.56 brokerage charges due upon receipt. They will not leave the parcel without full payment from me.

I've gone into the PayPal claim turbografxfan initiated. Since it is a claim, I am not able to release the funds, as the funds are not mine to release. Only PayPal can release the funds, and they will do so only after the tracking indicates arrival, and I acknowledge the return. I've tried acknowledging the return (since I have a UPS door card and everything) prior to delivery, but PayPal will not allow it.

This means any further delay on releasing turbografxfan's full refund including shipping costs to him, is PayPal's responsibility, not mine. Had this been a simple forum style transaction, he would already have his refund. Since it is not, my hands are tied by the rules and the claim status set by PayPal. I cannot release funds that are not in my hands.

Hopefully, UPS attempts a second delivery today. If they do not, I will not be present at the mailing address until after 3pm for the next few days, and may very well miss them again. I will try and contact UPS to arrange a specific delivery or pick up time, so I can pay them their brokerage charges, and hopefully speed along turbografxfan's refund.

Had communication with the buyer been a bit more smooth. I would have counselled him on a cheaper way to return ship the parcel, at similar speed, with tracking and insurance (for PayPal and his guaranteed refund), that would not have cost me an additional $50 upon receipt. However, that was not to be.

I'm sure PayPal will release his funds eventually.
Contact chop5 for any NEC console services.

omnedon

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »
Good news. UPS returned. I paid the man, and it's here. Exactly as Jason (turbografxfan) said, he returned everything, and did not accept my offer of keeping the (not included in the auction) RAU-30 or his choice of any of the games. He returned everything. He did not make it clear until well after he placed the eBay claim that he was going to return some or all of the items.

I went into PayPal, and there still seems to be no option for me to mark the item as returned, so releasing Jason's refund is simply not up to me. However, as soon as PayPal or eBay requests any info from me, I will respond in the affirmative so Jason can get the refund he has been waiting for.

Inspection and testing:

The AV cord video output is now faulty. Audio works, but video does not. It did work prior to ship, so it's clear to me that either in shipping or in handling the cord suffered it's final flex, and developed a short. Very irritating, for me and for Jason.

With any game inserted, the unit exhibits a monocolour screen, sometimes grey, white, green, beige or blue. This is the exact same sort of behaviour any NEC console exhibits when it can't see the HuCard, or when no HuCard is inserted. I have ruled out an issue with the cartridge slot, as all contacts are in good shape, and have full continuity to the board traces. This means the problem is not caused by a foreign object trapped in the HuCard slot, damaged slot, or dirty games. There also does not seem to be issues with the board traces either, and no cracks. It *could* be cold solder joints where the IC is soldered to the board, or even IC failure. *If* I decide to repair this SuperGraFX, it's not a simple fix.

I was indeed hoping it was as simple as a packing popcorn particle jammed in the cart slot, but it is not. This SupergraFX is sick. My favourite game included in this auction was Ninja Spirit, so I had tested the most time with that game prior to listing. Frankly, I am at a loss as to why this unit no longer works. It definitely does not work.

So here is how we got to this point:

1)I tested my SuperGraFX.

2)I listed my SuperGraFX.

3)I posted on this forum that my SuperGraFX was up for auction.

4)I offered a freebie to any forum member who won to solicit bids.

5)A forum member did so, and won the auction.

6)I was paid a few days later via PayPal. I shipped the next day, and sent along the track info.

7)On August 31 the buyer misreads his correct tracking information, and thinks it says it has been delivered when it has not, and is simply at US customs.

8)The buyer sends difficult to understand messages to me asking why I keep sending wrong track info, and begins to get confrontational.

9)The buyer starts making noise in the 'shout' about possibly being scammed by low post count forum member 'omnedon' (me).

10)I respond with forum PM and eBay PM with 'correct' track info, which is the same info as before.

11)Buyer threatens to make a claim if I don't start being 'straight' with him. This is a problem, as I haven't been dishonest or incorrect.

12)I clear the air in this thread, even posting when the tracking says it has arrived safely.

13)Buyer messages me through eBay that day and says QUOTE:
yeah man I got that shit!!! thnx so much.. Im so sorry for doubting you. I will let everyone on pcenginefx that your a great seller.if anyone has any questiones concerning you as seller please refer them to me. thnx again turbogrfxfan
and I respond that I would appreciate his positive feedback whenever he is ready.

14)The next day it seems unlike his previous statement, that he indeed did not have it yet, and is testing it now. The unit does not work, and all sorts of negative posts, drama, vitriol, and a youtube video I still have not bothered to watch are posted by many but not by me. I simply post that he obviously needs a refund, and simply needs to return it, and I would refund him in full. More drama and vitriol, and deleted drunken posts by the buyer.

So there we go. I'm just about ready to wash my hands of this thread. A sad fact of the matter is there is NO business case for offering services for NEC consoles. The demand is too low, and the labour expense on audio issues make them unprofitable to service. I'm not a real NEC console fan either, and that's why I never posted much. I used to play Blazing Lazers at a family members house back in the day, but my favourite COMPILE shooter was Power Strike for the SMS. It's been out of love for classic gaming in general that I've continued to offer NEC console service, not any personal attachment to the platform. I've been very busy lately, and it's been compromising my time with my family (I have 5 kids). I've had to reduce the numbers of systems I'm willing to service for mail order for the last few years, and now I'm going to add all NEC consoles to this list. Shortly, I will update my website to indicate that mail order service will not be an option for NEC consoles. I'll continue to take local business for those consoles, so a few people per year in my area will be able to get their consoles worked on.  :D For mail order service I'm going to recommend that people come to people like chop5 in this community. What I know of the nature of these collector communities, is that few good deeds go unpunished, so I wish people like him all the very best. D-lite is gone, and now soon so will I be.

I regret two things about this transaction. The above #3) , and the fact that the SuperGraFX did not work for my former customer.

You all get the community you deserve. Some of you will take that to mean that it will improve as soon as I cease to post. Some of you may not. Whatever.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »
whatever Twist it however you want.  this is so tired!!  Dude Ill leave a good reply once I get my cash back.  Dude you say you got the stuff back,  Dont you have to notify them so I get my cash?!?!?!  you want feedback dont you?  Can I please have my money?  I did my part.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:50:54 PM by turbogrfxfan »
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

omnedon

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »
omnedon:
I went into PayPal, and there still seems to be no option for me to mark the item as returned, so releasing Jason's refund is simply not up to me. However, as soon as PayPal or eBay requests any info from me, I will respond in the affirmative so Jason can get the refund he has been waiting for.

Please read what I type. I've already answered your question.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2010, 04:11:43 PM »
yeah its ok i called paypal and im 100% good.  they gave the money to mastercard and now I have to wait on them.  I am done with you please leave me alone. anything after this is harrasment.  I dont care how i spell it
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"