Author Topic: *gasps* another Treasure SHMUP coming to XBL  (Read 880 times)

BlueBMW

Re: *gasps* another Treasure SHMUP coming to XBL
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
Ok guys.. quit makin me jealous!  I have no Radiant Silvergun of my own :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 03:25:34 PM »
Sorry I just had to  :D

BTW, Iphone has horrible picture quality in the dark.

GOD DAMMIT!!!!  ](*,)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Opethian

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

I think I paid more for Hyper Duel than RSG lol :D

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 08:57:36 AM »
Shall I take a picture of mine to continue the cycle :D

Well, sounds like all 5 people in Japan that own a 360 want Treasure games, are there that many people in the US or Europe that will make a difference saleswise?  I do wonder why Sony hasn't bothered to approach these companies, though, maybe they don't sell as well as one would think/hope, so, Sony is going strictly for the money?  But, then again M$ is nothing but money hungrey souless bastards, so, there must be some profit in it. :)  It does seem really odd though, especially with downloadable games, that they aren't multiplat.  I'll give them credit for not going to the Iphone though, it's true I think, it's a different audience!  I hope the Iphone never has any games I want, cuz I don't want or need an Iphone, plus, I think that's only available to AT&T peeps.  Phone gaming in general just is unappealing to me.

BlackandBlue

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 07:00:05 AM »
Well, sounds like all 5 people in Japan that own a 360 want Treasure games, are there that many people in the US or Europe that will make a difference saleswise?  I do wonder why Sony hasn't bothered to approach these companies, though, maybe they don't sell as well as one would think/hope, so, Sony is going strictly for the money?  But, then again M$ is nothing but money hungrey souless bastards, so, there must be some profit in it. :)  It does seem really odd though, especially with downloadable games, that they aren't multiplat.  I'll give them credit for not going to the Iphone though, it's true I think, it's a different audience!  I hope the Iphone never has any games I want, cuz I don't want or need an Iphone, plus, I think that's only available to AT&T peeps.  Phone gaming in general just is unappealing to me.

Im going to go out on a limb here.  I think MS maybe be trying to get some new console sales by being the 'shooter' console in Japan.  They have weak sales over there and need something to help boost them.  They did their research and see that these types of games are popular in the arcade, so they figure if they get the exclusive, they will get the sales.  Im sure they have a deal to keep Sony out of the shooter market.  Hell, Im ready to buy a J console for the Cave games I picked up.

As far as Iphone, there are some pretty fun games.  Cave ported Espgaulda II and Dodonpachi Resurrection and they are both fantastic games.  The graphics and control are spot on.  $5 when they were released and I would gladly pay more for them too.  There are also a few others out there for $.99 - 2.99 that are good as well. 
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »
The 360 is the super otaku/pervert/nerd machine in Japan. However this happened (easy to license/develop for, most likely) the thing is that once this starts to happen (years ago now) anyone making a shooter or a galget game is logically going to put it on the system with all the other games of its kind since those sorts of people tend to buy a lot of the same stuff. I'm not sure MS had all that much to do with this. Maybe it did in the beginning, courting smaller Japanese developers since the bigger ones kind of gave them the bird.

I don't get the title of this thread, BTW. I understand the "SHMUP" thing, obviously the result of a brain injury, but what is meant by "another Treasure SHMUP"? Is there, like, this huge pile of Treasure shooters than are accumulating over on the 360? I can only think of two or three ever, depending on your definition of "shooter". I suppose you could include Bangai O, which was also ported to DS, and Sin and Punishment, which is on Wii, along with its sequel. The pile of Cave shooters is much bigger. Bigger than what is even worth owning, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:19:00 AM by SignOfZeta »

Raizen1984

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 08:56:32 AM »
Treasure has only made three shooters: Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, and Gradius V.  There was also the Silpheed remake on PS2, but that was a joint effort with Game Arts.  I think most shooter fans would agree that Bangai-O and Sin and Punishment are not "shmups".

As cool as it is that RS will be made available to everyone that doesn't have 200 dollars burning a hole in their pocket, I really wish Treasure would continue work on that original shooter being developed for 360.  The shooter genre is incredibly underutilized, and Treasure seemed to be the only company that cared about breathing new life into it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:01:06 AM by Raizen1984 »

BlackandBlue

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 09:01:23 AM »
Well Ikaruga is on Xbox live, so this is another :)

As cool as it is that RS will be made available to everyone that doesn't have 200 dollars burning a hole in their pocket...

I must have made out well... I paid half that.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Raizen1984

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 09:15:40 AM »
If you only paid 100 then yeah, you did.  :)

Digi.k

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 04:05:24 PM »
Is there, like, this huge pile of Treasure shooters than are accumulating over on the 360? I can only think of two or three ever, depending on your definition of "shooter". I suppose you could include Bangai O, which was also ported to DS, and Sin and Punishment, which is on Wii, along with its sequel. The pile of Cave shooters is much bigger. Bigger than what is even worth owning, IMO.

I was a lil' over excited when this was announced but I shoulda just made a thread as "another treasure game/shmup coming to XBL"

this will be the 4th treasure game that will appear on XBL, to join the list of shmups on XBL/360
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:17:43 PM by Digi.k »

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »
It's out!
--DragonmasterDan

BlackandBlue

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
It's out!

Oh nice, looks like they prettied it up a bit too.

Digi.k

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:07 AM »
yup downloading now for 1200 ms points !!!!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
yup downloading now for 1200 ms points !!!!

I've spent about a half hour with it. I hate that they put the subtitles under the text, you can't read while you're trying to stay alive and watch your ship. AHHHHH!
--DragonmasterDan

Digi.k

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »
dayum I need to plug a saturn controller to my 360. not use to the 360 button configs >.<

I love how you can change the graphic style on the fly in options screen
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:16:11 AM by Digi.k »