Author Topic: Fire Pro Wrestling  (Read 478 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Fire Pro Wrestling
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:13:28 AM »
linkin' logs

The long running wrasslin' series that started on the PC Engine is now coming to a Xbox 360 near you!

How did this crap series manage to stay alive for so long and with so many sequels when loads of fun series were allowed to wither and die?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:38:59 AM »
While Firepro was CRAPAROO on PCE, the series was great by the time it hit SFC, amazing by the time it hit Saturn, and stayed amazing through GBA and PS2. And I'm not saying this as a fan of wrestling games, because I'm not. Firepro S, A, D, and Returns are legitimately amazing games. During this era Firepro basically became not just a game, but a hobby in itself thanks to the almost unlimited customization options, AI routines, and even move creation.

This new one however...it seems Firepro in name only. The series has hit its lowest point since the PCE games (lower, possibly). Oh well.

DirkFunk

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:38 AM »
FirePro Wrestling D was ultimate.

They should just translate the text in that and bring it to XBLA. . .

They would probably get sued by every Wrestler from the 1970s to 2000s though.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:49:42 AM »
While Firepro was CRAPAROO on PCE, the series was great by the time it hit SFC, amazing by the time it hit Saturn, and stayed amazing through GBA and PS2. And I'm not saying this as a fan of wrestling games, because I'm not. Firepro S, A, D, and Returns are legitimately amazing games. During this era Firepro basically became not just a game, but a hobby in itself thanks to the almost unlimited customization options, AI routines, and even move creation.

This new one however...it seems Firepro in name only. The series has hit its lowest point since the PCE games (lower, possibly). Oh well.
Agreed, the GBA, Saturn, and Dreamcast releases are so excellent!  Was a great time when Fire Pro on Saturn was the bomb and WWF No Mercy on N64 was out.  My friends and I would have wrasslin' nights arguing which were better!  lol

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:26:04 AM »
FirePro Wrestling D was ultimate.

They should just translate the text in that and bring it to XBLA. . .

They would probably get sued by every Wrestler from the 1970s to 2000s though.

Anyone interested in this should just buy Firepro Returns for PS2 which (inexplicably) was released in the US a couple of years ago. Its fantastic. I think I paid $10 for my copy new.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 07:19:49 AM »
was 'Pro Wrestling' on the NES the first game in this series?  It has many similarities to the PC Engine games.....

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »
was 'Pro Wrestling' on the NES the first game in this series?  It has many similarities to the PC Engine games.....

According to wikipedia, it's not part of the series but was developed by the same guy - Masato Masuda.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »
what is a better wrestling game for the PCE? I saw this and was going to pick it up in the future. I don't have any and after playing a couple of wrestling games like 3 bout count on Neo Geo with some friends, I want to play some more!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »
Nothing.