Author Topic: "Cyber Core" High Scores  (Read 1935 times)

chany60126

"Cyber Core" High Scores
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »
Here is a list of high scores for Cyber Core:

1. shubibiman:  755,000
2. gheebee:       692,600
3. lukester:        476,800
4. chany60126: 399,700
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:21:45 PM by chany60126 »
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

chany60126

Re: "Cyber Core" High Scores
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
I played through Cyber Core for the first time today using a T-16 Beeshu stick.  8)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:31:58 PM by chany60126 »
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 03:03:33 AM »
I remember back in the mid-90's when I played the heck out of this game, I found a spot on the final boss where you could stay in one spot and he couldn't get you.  And it shot out missiles or something that you could destroy for points.  One evening I got to that spot just before dinner and taped down the buttons while I ate.  When I came back I had this obscene score.  I remember taking a picture of it and intended to send it to a magazine, but I don't think I ever did. 

I'll have to see if I can find that spot again. :p  I think the last time I tried playing this game I just couldn't get into it.  It's a lot harder than I remember.  Man, I must have had some patience when I was a kid.
 :D

esteban

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:20:49 PM »
I remember back in the mid-90's when I played the heck out of this game, I found a spot on the final boss where you could stay in one spot and he couldn't get you.  And it shot out missiles or something that you could destroy for points.  One evening I got to that spot just before dinner and taped down the buttons while I ate.  When I came back I had this obscene score.  I remember taking a picture of it and intended to send it to a magazine, but I don't think I ever did. 

I'll have to see if I can find that spot again. :p  I think the last time I tried playing this game I just couldn't get into it.  It's a lot harder than I remember.  Man, I must have had some patience when I was a kid.
 :D

Somebody here with emu should document this! I've beaten this game many times over the years, but I never found a "sweet spot" on the last boss like this (not that I was looking, mind you). :)

|    | 

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
Well now I HOPE it was the last boss that I'm remembering.  I know it was late in the game, and I'm pretty sure it was the final boss, but I haven't played the game enough to beat it since the mid-90s, so my memory could be a little fuzzy.  But I *think* it was the final boss. :D

If it's any consolation, it was the lower left area of the screen.

|  x             |
 --------------

Somewhere around there... (if my memory serves me right).

I thought I'd be famous with the high score I got; it was one of the great achievements of my life (up to that point)... and then never got around to submitting it anywhere. :p 

I doubt I'll eve be good enough at this game again to make it to the end, but if I ever do, I'll be sure to at least take a snapshot of it.

esteban

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
Well now I HOPE it was the last boss that I'm remembering.  I know it was late in the game, and I'm pretty sure it was the final boss, but I haven't played the game enough to beat it since the mid-90s, so my memory could be a little fuzzy.  But I *think* it was the final boss. :D

If it's any consolation, it was the lower left area of the screen.

|  x             |
 --------------

Somewhere around there... (if my memory serves me right).

I thought I'd be famous with the high score I got; it was one of the great achievements of my life (up to that point)... and then never got around to submitting it anywhere. :p 

I doubt I'll eve be good enough at this game again to make it to the end, but if I ever do, I'll be sure to at least take a snapshot of it.

Gotcha. I was able to put rubber bands on a controller for Ninja Spirit and rack up a score (enemies kept respawing). Not sure if I ever sent it in to a magazine, but I know I wanted to.

:)
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:17 AM »
I tried to make it to the end a couple of days ago and level 7 beat me down something furious.  Still pretty sure I'll never make it to the end. :)

chany60126

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »

shubibiman

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 03:18:39 AM »
Here is my score :

One life clear  8)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

chany60126

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
Slight improvement over my last score: 296,600. Those homing worms in stage seven are a royal pain. :P

soop

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »
Hey Roflmao, stick with it, it has a good curve.  I never got to an awesome one life clear (in fact I never cleared it) but I reckon I can get pretty far on a single credit and then level 10 hands my ass to me.  Just too quick.  I spent about 30 lives hardly progressing into the level at all.

chany60126

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »
Had a pretty good session of Cyber Core today: 399,700. Made it to the final stage for the first time ever. :)

lukester

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
476,800 1CC :)

A pretty cool game I've never played till recently. It's like dungeon explorer, with bad graphics but awesome music

gheebee

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »
So close, 751500; 1cc. I don't know if it matters for this thread but I did this in the arcade mode.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:17:10 PM by gheebee »

geise

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:15 AM »
Nice man.  I accept the challenge!  :clap: