Author Topic: Monster Lair and Loom lots  (Read 3744 times)

hizaygizirlz

Re: Monster Lair and Loom lots
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »
Well lets see what he says and keep saying if you are interested or not. 

The plan unless he says something good would be to decide Tuesday if there is enough interest for me to bid on one of the lots.  Hopefully he will do a partial on each.

We could also wait it out and pester him again after the auction closes assuming no bid.  If he came on here he would sell a ton of them and avoid Ebay fees which would actually help him (assuming no one is going to go higher than the initial bid), but lets see what happens.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Senshi

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
all these games I am selling are valued at $100 dollars each

To who?  :-s

there just on a less popular console which makes then hard to sell at there actual value

Then its most likely not there actual value duh. I can see we are dealing with a real genius.

P.S. Using the "selling whats it worth tool" on ebay there was one copy of "Loom turbografx" sold at $32

2 "monster lair turbografx" sold at a average of $23. $38 on the high end.

I realize this function has its own problems but these things are not selling for $100
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:37:41 AM by Senshi »
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
OK it is started to take a turn in the wrong direction (only slightly), but it would be best if no one email him with any sarcastic comments or anything impolite just to keep the hopes of a deal going.

Here is his latest response:

I really just want to get rid of everything all at once at bulk deal. I would be willing to do a deal directly through paypal for less quantity at a higher price. remember the opening bid is the lowest price I am willing to sell. I expect the games to sell for around $25 dollars each and I already have many people watching both auctions. if you want I will sell you 30 pieces 15 of each game for $25 dollars each shipping included($750 total) directly through paypal. let me know. lowest price I ever sold these games for was $30 dollars and that does not include shipping and handling costs. These games are worth a lot then this and should be easy sales on collector websites(I just don't know much about them so I stick with eBay).

(back to me)

I know he has went lower than $30 on a few occasions because it is in his feedback.

Now $25/per isn't that bad of  a deal,  If I was to buy them and ship them to you guys at the minimum bid it would be 20 (initial cost) + 3-4(minimum for shipping tracking,) + 1 (to cover paypal fees so I wouldn't lose money on this, and you wouldn't have to gift money to a stranger).

25/per w/out ebay fees is great for him to though since ebay is 75% of the fees so he should be willing to sell on an individual basis.

At 25/per people could get whichever game they wanted if I bid it would be one or the other.  I think for those that wanted both $45-47 shipped would be fair for both us and him.

So.......

What should I reply w/?

Should I  tell him we will let it go to auction and if no one bids, have him contact me to get in touch w/ the forum?  Would you give him $25 shipped for one of the games? I personally think that is fair.

Something else?  I think this is like the guy w/ the TZD domain where he wants to talk it up and make it valueable because someone is showing interest.
Gypsies did it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 10:32:44 AM »
No reply - let the auction finish unsold.  His price of $25 each shipped is for a bulk buy, so the end price would be ~$30 each.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
No reply - let the auction finish unsold.  His price of $25 each shipped is for a bulk buy, so the end price would be ~$30 each.

Well I am hoping if the auction doesn't sell he will look at us all as a bulk buy and be happy to have 25/per instead of nothing.
Gypsies did it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 11:03:18 AM »
Well I am hoping if the auction doesn't sell he will look at us all as a bulk buy and be happy to have 25/per instead of nothing.

I'd rather take 'em all at $20 each; it took less than a day to get commitments for nearly half of 'em, so I'm sure the rest would sell quickly.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »

I'd rather take 'em all at $20 each; it took less than a day to get commitments for nearly half of 'em, so I'm sure the rest would sell quickly.

You are still going to have to pay me for shipping or most people are it would be about the same thing.
Gypsies did it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »
You are still going to have to pay me for shipping or most people are it would be about the same thing.

Him selling and shipping 'em individually to each of us is not a bulk buy, so his offer of $25 each likely wouldn't apply.  I'd bet he'd want $30 each (or more) to ship 'em out one by one, same as he's been doing on eBay.

BlueBMW

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
You can put me in for one of each, even though I've got copies of both.  And if you need help handling bulk mailing, let me know :P  After the Sapphire giveaway, I've gotten pretty good and sending out a bazillion things in short order :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
I emailed him previously about which version of Monster Lair these were.  I think these are the Canadian version that has some French text on the back of the box, but he did imply that there are some US versions as well (English only on box).  I just have my doubts that he really has both versions.
I would be interested in a US (English only) copy but I do have the Canadian version complete already.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

tggodfrey

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
I would like one of each if you can add me to your list.  Thanks

Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
Everyone should be added,  If we go the route where I actually bid on an auction it is going ot be Monster Lair, so if the French box bothers someone let me know now. 

You can still say if you are interested in Loom since we could do that afterward, or if we decide that I don't bid try to work out a bulk bid for both.

I can't understand how he will give me 30 ML for 600 but not 15 of each when all he wants is 20 per game in bulk.

If that works out we can work out Loom since I don't think he is going to get a bid on either but you never know.

You can put me in for one of each, even though I've got copies of both.  And if you need help handling bulk mailing, let me know :P  After the Sapphire giveaway, I've gotten pretty good and sending out a bazillion things in short order :P

Do you think $25 shipped would cover my fees and ship w/ DC in a mailer envelope?
Gypsies did it.

incrediblehark

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »
i also vote for letting the auction go through and see what happens. I too would prefer a us monster lair over canada but if it comes down to it i won't be picky. I know you are probably going to pass on loom but if you go go for it i would most likely get a second copy and keep one sealed. hope all works out well for you and the rest of us :D

BlueBMW

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 03:35:35 PM »
Do you think $25 shipped would cover my fees and ship w/ DC in a mailer envelope?

These are boxed games correct?  That may complicate it a bit. I was mailing CD sleeves with CDs, so small bubble mailers (about $0.75 each) were the ticket.  You may have to go with small boxes, but you could probably still ship them 1st class for a few dollars each.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »

These are boxed games correct?  That may complicate it a bit. I was mailing CD sleeves with CDs, so small bubble mailers (about $0.75 each) were the ticket.  You may have to go with small boxes, but you could probably still ship them 1st class for a few dollars each.

The Monster Lair are boxed. I am leaning more toward letting it end and see if I could work something out w/ him where he gives me half of each so everyone gets what they want or deals w/ us directly. 

I think he may come around rather than sit on them it's obvious he wants to move them. 

They way I calculate it and I may be off, but even with individual shipping he actually makes more of a profit by selling them directly on the site for 25/per rather than letting the auction go for the minimum bid.

I think the worst that could happen is to get it for the same price when he re-lists it. 

What does everyone else think or does anyone want me to ask him anything?

I don't know how much I will be on over the Holiday weekend so keep up the ideas and we will get back to it Monday.

Gypsies did it.