Author Topic: Any non repair cool mods that....  (Read 435 times)

alexsduo

Any non repair cool mods that....
« on: May 11, 2011, 03:10:46 AM »
Hey, I was just thinking how badass the Express was, (and is), and it got me thinking of Ben Heckadorn the modder who makes some really great stuff, portable gamecube, portable atari jaguar, portable dreamcast, xbox 360/ps3 laptops and etc.

I am wondering if anyone has taken a any hardware, and made it portable, put it in a different case, or did anything that they want to show off here?  Obviously there are already a lot of mod for rgb, fixes and other stuff that are already on here..
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Any non repair cool mods that....
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:33:31 AM »
If you bothered to use search, you would've found fellow member Bacteria and his IntoGrafx.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

alexsduo

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 03:40:59 AM »
I did search, but obviously my search skillz are not as good as you, thanks for the link :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:39:54 AM »
I think this is a good topic. This is a hard thing to search for (what exactly does one type into the box?) and the search function on this forum sucks ass anyway.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:51:40 AM »
This is a hard thing to search for (what exactly does one type into the box?) and the search function on this forum sucks ass anyway.

The second, sixth, and seventh results from searching for "portable turbografx" mention Bacteria's project, and there's even less chaff if you limit the search to the repair/mod subforum.  Sucks ass indeed.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »
You're right. Nobody should ask questions on this forum. Just use the search, we have too many posts as it is.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:18 AM »
You're right. Nobody should ask questions on this forum. Just use the search, we have too many posts as it is.

Heh, not at all; 'tis a good thread, as it's unlikely that Bacteria's project is the only one out there.  I just don't understand why people are so easily confused by the search tool or don't even try in the first place.

alexsduo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
I have tried searching my own posts and sometimes it cannot find them at all, (with my name, topic and etc)...

I wasn't only looking for portable tg stuff as we have an offically sanctioned Express already out there...

I was just curious if there are other projects or mods, that do not specifically have to do with repair, or rgb out.

Like if someone took at tg out of the plastic case, and put for example into an apple iic, or a toaster, and wired it in a cool way for the disk door, or pushed in like bread in the case of the toaster...

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »
Like if someone took at tg out of the plastic case, and put for example into an apple iic, or a toaster, and wired it in a cool way for the disk door, or pushed in like bread in the case of the toaster...

People only do that to the NES cause they are so ugly that's the only way to improve on them. On the other hand NEC is sexzy so you would only be making things worse.
There is a really nice PCE mini arcade cab though in this Youtube video.
Now that is super cool.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

alexsduo

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 08:33:41 AM »
No, super cool is a snowstorm.  This is zero f*cking degrees Kalvin, thermal activity ceases.

If I can get some time, I would love to make something of this magnitude, but my skills are definitely lacking.  I have a couple lcd screens, but if I can get a tiny one, I would love to do the "chip on a board" like the nes pirates pc engine with a card slot, and put a tiny inch or so lcd in molded plastic shape that looks like the original controller...Mmmmmm.. or maybe put the lcd in the plastic cover for the back? ( I Know, not very practical)

Thank you so much, elabit, you have completed me.

Game-Tech.US

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
The LED backlit logo on a US TG-16 is pretty excellent.
The country switch mod is not a repair, but by far the best mod you can add to any NEC system.

alexsduo

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
Oh, that light is sexy!  I think the region mod is a great addition too!