Author Topic: Esperknight and Filler's PC-FX Translation Projects  (Read 5164 times)

filler

Re: Esperknight and Filler's PC-FX Translation Projects
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 02:11:16 AM »
Thanks Aggie! It's been a while since I played the game on real hardware but it was pretty awesome to be able to do so. Let me know how it goes.

As for translations, Team Innocent is coming along. I've now translated 13 blocks with another 11 to go (possibly more depending). I'm up to a couple of larger blocks so they'll take a little doing but it should be fun. Also I felt a little like I was hijacking the last thread I was posting links to my video reviews and game play footage too so I guess I'll just edit this post and put them here for now.

Tonari no Princess Rolfee
Gameplay -
Review -

Fire Woman Matoi Gumi
Opening -
Madoka Shidou's Ending -
Review -

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki FX
Review -

Minimum Nanonic
Review -

First Kiss Story
Review -
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:10:04 AM by filler »

filler

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
I worked on translating some Team Innocent this weekend. I'm slogging through a long block with some dense text currently. In between working on that I decided to tackle some of the smaller remaining blocks and finished off block 15, and 20-24. I have another 4 blocks to go after this big one (block 14) and that will be all the currently dumped blocks. There may be more, possibly a lot more. I don't know. These blocks need to be dumped by hand so it's hard to say, but I'm hoping that there isn't a lot more. I may be able to finish these last few blocks over the next couple of weeks.

m1savage

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
I really enjoyed the Pia Carrot translation and was wondering how these other games are coming along? Thanks!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »
Sometimes I forget to read while playing Pia Carrot.  too many boobs
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

thesteve

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 02:18:29 AM »
ive played through pia carrot a few times and only found 1 error in the text

in the hotel lobby during the trip the menu options dont line up with buttons

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 02:35:48 AM »
Hey guys, I actually do a lot of professional Japanese to English translation work for businesses (mostly catalogs, websites and the like), but I'd like to get into game translations one day. So if this project gets off the ground I might be able to translate for you guys as I'd like to have something to add to a portfolio. Especially starting in the spring when most of my schedule will be wide open. But if you can extract some scripts I could have a look at them any time.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:43 AM »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:22 AM »
No.  Such.  Thing.
:lol: Quoted for truth.

filler

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 05:03:32 AM »
I really enjoyed the Pia Carrot translation and was wondering how these other games are coming along? Thanks!
Glad you liked Pia Carrot. I've been getting a lot of good feedback on it. I'm glad people like it. :) I've been translating the Ah! Megami-sama script recently. It's approaching 20% complete. WtPC2 for the PC is done on a first draft and I think I have someone to help play test as of yesterday so that should be coming right along. Team Innocent is stalled a little but mostly I'm just waiting on Esperknight to take another look at it and see if there is more script hiding in there. I'm excited to keep translating that one in particular.

Thanks to thesteve for the error report too. We aren't really actively maintaining that project so an update is probably not forthcoming but I appreciate the report just the same.

Hey guys, I actually do a lot of professional Japanese to English translation work for businesses (mostly catalogs, websites and the like), but I'd like to get into game translations one day. So if this project gets off the ground I might be able to translate for you guys as I'd like to have something to add to a portfolio. Especially starting in the spring when most of my schedule will be wide open. But if you can extract some scripts I could have a look at them any time.

Excellent! We have no shortage of scripts to be worked on PC-FX and otherwise. I'd love the help. If we can PM on this board I'll do so later when I get home. EDIT: FYI I emailed you at the email address associated with your forum account.

Edit:
No.  Such.  Thing.

Hear hear.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:30:39 PM by filler »

filler

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »
Some movement is beginning on Team Innocent again. I'm not quite sure where things stand yet but when a significant portion is playable we'd be interested in people to help playtest. It might be more accurate to call what we're looking for "context provision". I'd be interested in volunteers to play a rough draft of the script and either record video of their play, or grab screen shots with an auto-screenshot program (grabs automatically every 1-2 seconds kind of thing). This will give some context for the script and I'll re-write/edit the script and then probably have play testers make additional play-throughs to check the second draft and bugs. Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:00:07 PM by filler »

filler

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »

Still looking for alpha testers for this game. Reply to this thread, send me a PM, or use the contact on the project page or something if you're interested. The translation should be just about complete though in a 1st draft form. Looking for folks to play through and capture screenshots (automatically) or video footage to assist with editing.

Here is a preview video: (Note on the video: We are having an issue with the lip animations currently. Working to get this solved. Lip animation is normal in the unpatched game)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:51:18 PM by filler »

Keranu

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
I'd be interested in testing. I have a PC-FX and a video capture card, but perhaps it would be better to use an emulator and screen capture software?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »
I don't have a PC-FX anymore, but, based on the progress here, it looks like I'll have to get PC-FX again. :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:24:33 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

filler

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »
@Keranu Thanks! We'd love the help. Take a look at your PMs. :)

OtokonoZenyou

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
I just wanted to say I love the work you guys have done and are doing! I just got into the PC-Engine scene after wanting one for quite awhile, and soon I plan to also purchase a PC-FX. Looking forwards to hearing great things!