Author Topic: Ninjas for Hire: You hafta watch this clip! Great music too.  (Read 957 times)

doomfarer75

Ninjas for Hire: You hafta watch this clip! Great music too.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 05:14:29 AM »
what was their hit on MTV?  Punk Rock Girl?  then there's the dead Kennedy's...they were strange to me when i was young...couldn't dig it..
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

lord_cack

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 05:26:12 AM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"
what was their hit on MTV?  Punk Rock Girl?  then there's the dead Kennedy's...they were strange to me when i was young...couldn't dig it..

"One Saturday I took a walk to Zipperhead. I met a girl there and she almost knocked me dead. Punk Rock you look so wild, lets have a child. You were dressed like Minni Pearl. Just you and me Punk rock girl."

I love that song...I remember the video too...
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

esteban

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 10:03:24 AM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"
yeah, that was there #1 hit. but I think "Bitchin' Camaro" is there #2 most-well-known song, though I could be wrong. It seemed like everyone knew that song back in the day.

When I was a kid, I listened to all the punk / hardcore bands, including the straight-edge stuff. Political and agit-prop bands earned some extra love from me. If you get a chance, check out anything by Zounds.
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »
I don't like "Punk Rock Girl" very much...it's kinda lame...although the reference to Mojo Nixon is funny as hell. :D