Author Topic: Can someone break homebrew games down for me?  (Read 286 times)

Sleepy Gnome

Can someone break homebrew games down for me?
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
Whats the deal with this? You can program your own games can you? thats cool... Whats it all about and how to get hold of some homebrewz?

Bernie

Re: Can someone break homebrew games down for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
Some peeps have released some homebrew for the Duo.  Of course, they have some programming knowledge. Some of the games that are homebrew are:
1. Implode
2. Meteor Blaster DX ( both 1 and 2 can be bought here http://www.mindrec.com/?main=pce/index.php
3. Insanity- can be bought here http://aetherbyte.com/insanity.htm
4. Frog Feast (demo) http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/313 " I actually have this in bin/cue format.  Cant remember where I got it from tho. 

I am sure there will be more later, since a few good folks here are working on some projects.  Scan the forums, and you will see.  :)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
Yeah, we have Mysterious Song(turn based RPG) that's been almost finished for quite some time, that games been a headache, but it's getting close.  I dare not say any kind of date though.  Most of our group is working soley on Jungle Bros., a platformer.  I don't recall how much I can say about JB though, but I believe we've also made Dragon Arm public knowledge as well.  However, only planning has gone on for that one.  

Plus Black Tiger & I have our own game that we're doing planning for, & I've completed about 10 songs so far for, but, right now, I'm concentrating on JB.  We also have Neutopia 3, but that's been put way on the back burner, as it's gonna be a big game, & the code that's been written for it originally, I believe is going to be rewritten in ASM.  And we also have the Valkyrie Midnight & Messianic names out there, but, like Dragon Arm & JB, I'm not sure how much is allowed to be public knowledge.  Plus, I don't want people knowing of everything we have up our sleeve, since, with homebrew, it's uncertain for sure how long the games will take to make.

Also, Arkhan of Aetherbyte has the Retrocade he's working on, Chris Covell has Tongueman's Logic, which is a free downloadable game, & Mindrec also has Xymati(a shmup) & PC Gunjin(a run n' gun), but it's unknown when these games will be completed.  Currently, BT is working on porting Xymati for XBL, to help pay the bills I believe.

I apologize if I'm forgetting anyother homebrew.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:49:13 AM by ParanoiaDragon »

vestcoat

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:08:43 AM »
...Mindrec also has Xymati(a shmup) & PC Gunjin(a run n' gun), but it's unknown when these games will be completed.  Currently, BT is working on porting Xymati for XBL, to help pay the bills I believe.
Xymati is being programmed for the XBL.  When I emailed them a few months ago, BT said there were currently no plans for a PCE port.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
Hmmm, bummer.  IIRC, Frag is making sure the gfx are easily portable to the Turbo , but, I suppose there could still be things BT decides to do that end up having to be scaled down if he ever did port it.

Also, I forgot about Monolith(from Eponasoft, our sister group), which is being worked on side by side with Jungle Bros.  I'm not allowed to say much about it, but, I can say, that so far, the guy doing the gfx is doing a fantastic job!