Author Topic: Farland Story FX help?  (Read 254 times)

Aggie Tsubi

Farland Story FX help?
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »
Anybody play through this game and can offer a little help? I'm on stage 20, which is on a snowfield, and I know the boss is some kind of snow fairy that appears near the top center of the screen. However, I beat all the enemies on the field, approached the top, got a brief cutscene, and that was that. I can't for the life of me get the boss to appear. Is there something special I have to do to trigger her appearance or did I encounter some bizarre glitch?

I found a Nico Nico Douga video of it, but it didn't seem like the person did anything special (although the video edits out so much that it's hard to make sense of it). There's also an FAQ on the Super Famicom version of the game on GameFAQs, but that didn't make note of anything either (it doesn't seem like the greatest FAQ, though).

Aggie Tsubi

Re: Farland Story FX help?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
I decided to just replay the stage from turn 1, as much as I didn't want to, and for some reason, I got the boss to show up this second time. I guess it was a glitch after all. Thank goodness that I always cycle back and forth between at least two files when I play games, otherwise I could've completely screwed myself. On my second attempt, I split my army in half so I could clear both sides simultaneously, then I inched forward to make the enemies at the top center of the screen come down to attack my characters. When I had them cleared out, then I approached the spot at which the boss shows up, triggered the cutscene, and everything progressed as it should. I don't know if any of that makes a difference or if the problem was just random bad luck, but hopefully that helps if anyone else is ever stuck on this stage.