Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30649 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
I went through and watched the Nadia movie. It certainly didn't add anything to the series, but it wasn't terrible either. I'm going to finally finish watching the rest of the Cowboy Bebop episodes.

Greatness. The Cowboy Bebop movie is also well worth checking out.

I've seen the movie already
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
i went on a binge this weekend and pretty much rewatched 2 of my favorite animes - higurashi no naku kor ni and gungrave.
any thoughts on those two?

xelement5x

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:31 AM »
I recently finished watching Legend of Galactic Heroes which was amazing.  Super long though at around 110 episodes for an OVA.

This is the time of year I like to watch Summer Wars though, that's a great movie.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

geise

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »
I've been watching a lot of Osama Tezuka's (father of anime) stuff lately.  Pulled out the ol' vhs collection I have and watched some Legend of the Forest.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
I finally saw Galaxy Express 999 the movie, I enjoyed it. I am going to watch Adieu Galaxy Express 999 sometime soon.
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
The first two moves are so so good. The ending of the second one was quite amazing. One of the characters has a change if heart and the results...

Seriously, that 70s shit is like Wagner meets The Cure. So powerful.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2012, 01:22:16 PM »
Hokuto no Ken!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
Anyone here seen the anime movie Windaria (1986)?
I watched it once with my brother randomly. We wanted to watch a movie but we didn't know what, so he literally took out his external HDD with a crap tone of random anime on it and picked with his eyes closed and Windaria was the lucky winner.

It was actually a fantastic movie! I highly recommend it, but not the American release Windaria - Once Upon a Time . From what I hear that was completely re-written and re-edited to be a completely different movie. Fan subbed Japanese laser disk's are the only way to go.
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Ji-L87

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2012, 11:59:07 PM »
I think I remember hearing about it in one of Anime News Network's podcasts - other than that, don't know much. Maybe I'll check it out if I can find it.

I just picked up a whole bunch of LDs, among them the music video for On Your Mark by Ghibli. Short but sweet - as they say. I need to try and record this on DVD and show my friends :P
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 05:33:53 AM »
Anyone here seen the anime movie Windaria (1986)?
I watched it once with my brother randomly. We wanted to watch a movie but we didn't know what, so he literally took out his external HDD with a crap tone of random anime on it and picked with his eyes closed and Windaria was the lucky winner.

It was actually a fantastic movie! I highly recommend it, but not the American release Windaria - Once Upon a Time . From what I hear that was completely re-written and re-edited to be a completely different movie. Fan subbed Japanese laser disk's are the only way to go.

I've not seen it, but I'll put it on my list to check out!
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2012, 06:39:11 AM »
I just picked up a whole bunch of LDs, among them the music video for On Your Mark by Ghibli. Short but sweet - as they say. I need to try and record this on DVD and show my friends :P

Yeah, this is an amazing video that is also extremely depressing. The angel leaves us to our hole in the ground, we as humans are completely f*cked. The lyrics to the song, depending on how you take them, sort of make up for it...sort of make it worse. Overall, amazing, A+.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
Maybe I'll check it out if I can find it.
Ahem, I recommend putting this text into google
Windaria baka

Then hit enter. The top result is interesting. 

(...wait, I just relised that ATLUS's logo is in corner! Why! :shock:)
Windaria (1986)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:43:03 PM by Burnt Lasagna »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
If I had to guess I would assume they had a go at DVD publishing at some point. A lot of strange stuff happened in the early 2000s when anime was transitioning to DVD and the industry was collapsing.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2012, 04:05:12 AM »
Thanks for the tip on how one might be able to find it!
--DragonmasterDan

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »
If I had to guess I would assume they had a go at DVD publishing at some point. A lot of strange stuff happened in the early 2000s when anime was transitioning to DVD and the industry was collapsing.
Hm, after further inspection that does indeed seem to be the case. I wonder if they did this for other anime/movies in Japan around the same time or if this was just one odd business decisions that they never repeated?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:17:47 AM by Burnt Lasagna »