Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 31078 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:12 AM »
Lol, someday I'll finish Nadia but I watched half of the Oh My Goddess OVA on Laserdisc the other night, hopefully I'll finish the other couple episodes this weekend.  Watching old AnimEigo releases is such a nostalgia bomb.

I highly recommend finishing Nadia, you can even skip over episodes 23-29 as they're just garbage filler. The ending of the series is great. If not for those filler episodes it would be right up there with being my favorite anime series of all time.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
I picked up Otaku no Video recently, still going through Bubblegum Crisis (then Crash) but I was curious if anyone had seen this before?
--DragonmasterDan

geise

« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:09 AM »
Man Otaku no Video.  I haven't seen that in ages.  I still have it on VHS.  Always liked watching it.  I have seen all of Bubblegum Crisis.  I like it way better than Crash.

Earlier this year I finally decided to watch One Piece.  I tend to stay away from mainstream anime, but holy shit it is so awesome!  I am only on episode 255 of 600 something I believe.  It's so good.  The character background and how it all comes together is deep and well thought out.  Sometimes it drags a little, but nothing like DBZ does.  God...f*ck DBZ...

BTW I am only watching the Kaizoku fansub versions of One Piece.  I never watch dubbed anime unless it's old Streamline.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:15:31 AM by geise »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2013, 08:20:18 AM »
I picked up Otaku no Video recently, still going through Bubblegum Crisis (then Crash) but I was curious if anyone had seen this before?

Are you kidding? Yes. Yes, I've seen it. It's amazing.

Watch everything Gainax did before Eva. Everything. It's all great.

munchiaz

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2013, 06:26:18 AM »
Right now I'm just watching the new Jojos bizarre adventure. On ep. 21 right now. I really like it so far, it's weird and has an interesting story. Plus I'm really anticipating the ps3 game that drops in August   

Nando

« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
Right now I'm just watching the new Jojos bizarre adventure. On ep. 21 right now. I really like it so far, it's weird and has an interesting story. Plus I'm really anticipating the ps3 game that drops in August   

Where are you watching that at?  I had been watching anime on HULU, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on the series I had selected.

munchiaz

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »

Ive been watching Jojo's on Anilinkz
Where are you watching that at?  I had been watching anime on HULU, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on the series I had selected.

Ji-L87

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »

The first two times I saw it, I remember being really put off those interviews because I thought they were actually sort of real. Sad, I know, and I got lashed out on my blog for it. But hey, I still like it :mrgreen:

As for BGC, keep going through out because IMO the best episodes are the last ones, as the overall quality is soo much better than the early episodes. Episode 7 is probably my fav of the bunch, but 8 is an easy watch for when I just want to bask in the BGC glory, and the way the backgrounds are done in both these episodes is veery nice - love the use of color. 8 can be especially atmospheric in this regard.

And after that, I want to remember Crash being a bit of a letdown. Still, might be worth going through if only for the pretty decent soundtrack :)
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »
While I'm still working my way through the Bubblegum series this arrived in the mail today.

--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
That's a really high quality LD. The only thing that sucks about it is that it has no closed captions so English dub or raw Japanese are your only choices.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »
Watched an episode of Heavy Metal L-Gaim tonight
Thought it was pretty rad. Very nice animation, cool mecha, awesome opening theme with lots of synth and vocoder.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

KingDrool

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2013, 03:51:55 AM »
Anybody watch The Devil is a Part-Timer? I've been watching it on Hulu lately. Really funny premise, mixed with a lot of fantasy elements. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:25 AM »
Watched an episode of Heavy Metal L-Gaim tonight

Thought it was pretty rad. Very nice animation, cool mecha, awesome opening theme with lots of synth and vocoder.

I watched the entire episode, then started the second one. 

I liked the atmosphere and pacing so far. It's not immediately "this is the best thing ever", but with the second episode expanding into a town, with new characters and the world growing, I'm curious to see how things will develop.

|    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2013, 08:11:05 AM »
I've been watching Sherlock Hound (finishing the series) and have  Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise waiting to be watched.
--DragonmasterDan

Nando

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
Started watching Attack on Titan and Sword-Art:Online to see what the hype is all about. I like them both so far.