Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30618 times)

xelement5x

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
Attack on Titan looks really awesome, I like the look of it as well but have yet to get a chance to watch it.  I did finish watching Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple a couple months ago and it was a good funny and energetic (if generic) fighting anime.  Then I watched Angel Beats recently before it went off Netflix, it's a series with some fun ideas, but still makes you think a bit.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SuperDeadite

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2013, 03:50:21 AM »
DANGAIOH  must be watched by all.  Just be careful though as the USA DVD completely skipped the first episode, and the dub is one of the worst ever too.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Nando

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2013, 04:26:44 AM »
Attack on Titan looks really awesome, I like the look of it as well but have yet to get a chance to watch it.

Cruchy roll has the first episode for free.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
Watched an episode of Heavy Metal L-Gaim tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6mrGZY8nf0&list=LLNpZOPdW-wqa_7RTNtcoBcA&feature=mh_lolz
Thought it was pretty rad. Very nice animation, cool mecha, awesome opening theme with lots of synth and vocoder.

I watched the entire episode, then started the second one. 

I liked the atmosphere and pacing so far. It's not immediately "this is the best thing ever", but with the second episode expanding into a town, with new characters and the world growing, I'm curious to see how things will develop.

Man it gets REALLY good, keep watching :)
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »
Watched an episode of Heavy Metal L-Gaim tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6mrGZY8nf0&list=LLNpZOPdW-wqa_7RTNtcoBcA&feature=mh_lolz
Thought it was pretty rad. Very nice animation, cool mecha, awesome opening theme with lots of synth and vocoder.

I watched the entire episode, then started the second one. 

I liked the atmosphere and pacing so far. It's not immediately "this is the best thing ever", but with the second episode expanding into a town, with new characters and the world growing, I'm curious to see how things will develop.

Man it gets REALLY good, keep watching :)

I will! I have been exhausted the past few days and the only thing I want to do is WATCH SOMETHING that doesn't involve dinosaurs on a train, talking rabbits who lack adult supervision, etc.

I also will watch some more Battle of the Planets.
  |    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2013, 01:40:08 AM »
     I'm up into the 20's now.  damn L-gaim gets even better.  the story really builds through the first 15 episodes, and the artwork/battle screens are worth while. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »
I've watched the first two episodes of "Future Boy Conan" after having finished up Sherlock Hound. So far I'm impressed.
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
Conan is amazing. That scene near the beginning where he's crying and...is he digging a grave or...I can't remember. Anyway, very emotional.

esteban

« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »
    I'm up into the 20's now.  damn L-gaim gets even better.  the story really builds through the first 15 episodes, and the artwork/battle screens are worth while.  

I just started Episode 9. I'm totally diggin' this.  

Also, I'm the first to make fun of J-pop, but I love the theme song! I don't skip opening/ending credits. I DO skip the previews, though, since they totally spoil the upcoming episode!

Good times.
  |    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:50 AM »
    I'm up into the 20's now.  damn L-gaim gets even better.  the story really builds through the first 15 episodes, and the artwork/battle screens are worth while.  

Also, I'm the first to make fun of J-pop, but I love the theme song! I don't skip opening/ending credits. I DO skip the previews, though, since they totally spoil the upcoming episode!

Good times.

Yes I do the same after the end theme song.  However I Now skip the opening song as well. :(  - see warning/spoiler below

SPOILER ABOUT THE OPENING THEME SONG HERE - Hidden becuase it is tied to the story, the spoiler won't give away plot or anything but if your a purest I hid it: the theme song and title screen change at episode 26 to Heavy Metal Lgaim - mark 2( season two) and the new song stinks, stinks bad
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:14:24 AM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esteban

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »
     I'm up into the 20's now.  damn L-gaim gets even better.  the story really builds through the first 15 episodes, and the artwork/battle screens are worth while. 

Good times.

Yes I do the same after the end theme song.  However I Now skip the opening song as well. :(  - see warning/spoiler below

SPOILER ABOUT THE OPENING THEME SONG HERE - Hidden becuase it is tied to the story, the spoiler won't give away plot or anything but if your a purest I hid it: the theme song and title screen change at episode 26 to Heavy Metal Lgaim - mark 2( season two) and the new song stinks, stinks bad

OK, I couldn't stop myself from reading that! Thankfully, it's the ending credit song I frggin' love the most. 

I'm up to episode 14(?) now. It's just getting better.

|    | 

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »
Not sure if this falls under "good" anime, but has anyone else had their eyes on the Cho Kosoku Galvion box set?  I really want to see the series, but alas, I still don't know the moon language...
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
We just got a free 2 month trial for Hulu Plus thru our Wii.  I'm surprised at the mass of Anime they have on there, even stuff from the 80's & possibly 70's.  If no one has Hulu Plus, it might be worth checking out.  Though, I'm a bit pissed.  As I've admitted before, I'm a huge fan of Naruto(mainly the whole underdog theme, where he continues to overcome adversity appeals to me).  I'm in Naruto Shippuden at the moment, but I only watched dubbed.  Call me a dub Nazi if you like, I only do subtitles if there's no dub at all.  In any case, I was all excited that I could just watch it on Hulu, instead of random websites of dubious nature.....& it's all friggin' subtitled!  The main website says the dub is not available at this time, BOOOOOOOOOOO says me! :P

SignOfZeta

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
Oh shut up.

Ji-L87

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2013, 06:07:25 AM »
I think that's the first time I've seen someone complain about subs, instead of the reverse... :mrgreen:

(I'm too weeaboo for dubs)
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.