Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30963 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2013, 12:23:08 AM »
Plastic Little arrived for me. I'm back logged with other anime to watch for now though.
--DragonmasterDan

retroguy

« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2013, 12:45:23 AM »
I found something interesting yesterday. When the first Pokémon movie was released here, they left out the prologue, but dubbed it later as a bonus on a different DVD. Someone took the audio from both and laid it on top of the original Japanese version to make a "complete edition" of the movie. Very cool! Check it out:
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

munchiaz

« Reply #212 on: October 09, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
finished up pokemon the origin last night. I'm a big pokemon game fan, not so much when it comes to the anime. But this cool since its based on the red,blue,green pokemon game. I also just finished watching the new gundam anime, gundam build fighters. It has to do with building gundams and using them to play a fighting game. It's neat if you're into gunpla.

Lastly, i started watching hajime no ippo again, since a new series just started

Nando

« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:48 AM »
. I also just finished watching the new gundam anime, gundam build fighters. It has to do with building gundams and using them to play a fighting game. It's neat if you're into gunpla.

I saw the previews for that, they also have a neat looking tie in game. I was wondering if it was any good. The premise if somewhat original, and it's Gundam! how do you like the mech designs?

munchiaz

« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2013, 06:51:59 AM »
. I also just finished watching the new gundam anime, gundam build fighters. It has to do with building gundams and using them to play a fighting game. It's neat if you're into gunpla.

What system is the tie in game for? So far they have only showed 1 new gundam model. Hes the typical red,blue white, yellow gundam. Looks more modern, like gundam wing type gundams. If that makes any sense

I saw the previews for that, they also have a neat looking tie in game. I was wondering if it was any good. The premise if somewhat original, and it's Gundam! how do you like the mech designs?

Nando

« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »
well maybe not a direct Anime tie in but here it is. Gundam Breaker

http://kotaku.com/gundam-breaker-lets-you-build-and-pilot-the-gundam-of-1152250037

There's a revamped Vita version coming too.

Ji-L87

« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »
So, the new anime season is already underway. Anyone else watching Kill la Kill?

It's studio Trigger's latest work (escapees from GAINAX) and it's bit like Subekan Deka meets Utena meets Gurren Lagann. (Minus the detective part). The first episode in particular is very well animated and the show's use of CGI is actually pretty tasteful.  I.e. it mixes well with the hand drawn stuff.

The big question for me is if the show will manage to be this captivating all the way through. Only 3 episodes are out right now but the pace is furious, cramming stuff into these episode that would take a more normal show at least double the time.
Other possibly negatives is that the show maybe looks a bit too much like Gurren Lagann (same visual style, with a few tweaks) that it felt the most fresh the first time 'round.

None the less, I'm more positive about the future of japanese animation again. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:43:21 PM by Ji-L87 »
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Nando

« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2013, 05:22:33 AM »
So, the new anime season is already underway. Anyone else watching Kill la Kill?

On my list, alogn with Magi

Here's some fun stuff coming our way. 

http://www.tofugu.com/2013/10/14/fall-2013-anime-roundup/

TR0N

« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
Guess i shouldn't be surprise there's a bayonetta anime coming i hope it's good.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2013, 01:16:41 AM »
I got the first few episodes of Aura Battler Dunbine sitting in my "to watch" queue right now.
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2013, 06:43:45 AM »
So I finished Toradora over the weekend and it was a great ending.  The characters and everything are just very well done, and even though it's based around high school kids the story didn't seem shallow.

I'm just watched the first episode of Armitage III, episodes are about 45 mins each so that's one per workout session and I'll probably be done next week.  I feel like I'm cheating the experience here though because the animation looks amazing and I'm only watching it on a tiny 9" portable DVD player.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2013, 07:58:38 AM »
I've always wanted to watch Armitage III ever since I read about it bitd in Animerica. Let me know how it is! I love the cyberpunk style
I just watched the first Gundam movie the other night and it was AWESOME. I also watched the UK dub of Cyber City Oedo which has some of the most ridiculous cursing I've ever heard. I'm interested in trying the pce game after I watch the last one since I should be able to follow along the story if it's the same as the OAVs
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

xelement5x

« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »
Just finished Armitage III today and my experience was kind of mixed.  The animation was great, but it seemed like it had more style than substance in the story.  Still really enjoyable though, it has a ton of cyberpunk influences, and a lot of Blade Runner influences.  Some things are a bit weird watching from "our" present to the "their" future, but it was worth my time for sure.  I'm just not sure if I would rewatch it any time soon.

Now to decide on what to watch next, I'm thinking between Agent Aika and Green Green.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Digi.k

« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
I've always wanted to watch Armitage III ever since I read about it bitd in Animerica. Let me know how it is! I love the cyberpunk style
I just watched the first Gundam movie the other night and it was AWESOME. I also watched the UK dub of Cyber City Oedo which has some of the most ridiculous cursing I've ever heard. I'm interested in trying the pce game after I watch the last one since I should be able to follow along the story if it's the same as the OAVs

Story is quite cliched but is has some awesome music. Watch the original short series first before trying the movie.  I really disliked the remix to the music.

Currently I am downloading a series called Blue Exorcist

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:38:54 AM by Digi.k »

xelement5x

« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:19 AM »
My wife really liked Blue Exorcist.  I guess there is a movie as well that is being shown in limited theaters.

So, I picked Agent Aika to watch next.  That was a poor decision and apparently I should have done a bit of Googling before deciding this would be what I watched on the treadmill/elliptical at the gym.  Lots and lots of fanservice in the form of boobies, panty shots and nudity. 

The ecchi was a bit lower in the first ep, but by the second ep I had to stop because it was SO over the top.  Then it was Fox News on the gym TV for the next 20 minutes :(

Googling about Green Green yields interesting results and makes me think I should just start looking to other parts of my anime collection for stuff to watch at the gym.    :shock: 8-[