Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30678 times)

cjameslv

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2015, 02:58:28 PM »
... really liked Trigun back in the day, but I don't think it holds up as well today personally....

This man is of teh crack smokerz club! Trigun was and is still a great anime! The series was by far the best part but Badlands movie was really good too! Humor, storyline, characters...all amazing sir!

TR0N

« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
Finish watching magi and the magic kingdom on netflik earlier.It takes one thousand and one knights but with a twist,think japan own take on arabian knights.The show can be often really silly then get very serious beside characters being killed off.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cjameslv

« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »
Finish watching magi and the magic kingdom on netflik earlier.It takes one thousand and one knights but with a twist,think japan own take on arabian knights.The show can be often really silly then get very serious beside characters being killed off.

Ya that story evolved alot differently than i expected. Thought the main character should have been more epic but it was a solid series.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
What are some good 'Space Cowboy' style anime, in the same style as things like Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop?

Is Trigun like that, is it any good?

There's also Wild Arms, which is ok, nothing special compared to those 3.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2015, 03:59:47 AM »

It's an excellent PSone game though.
--DragonmasterDan

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2015, 05:05:34 AM »

It's an excellent PSone game though.

Correct, though, oddly, the only ones I've beaten are 1, 4, & Alter Code F.  I have a file of 2 that I had been working on for years, but I just can't get into that one.  I started 3 a million years ago, but never got back to it, & really haven't played 5 or XF.  I should probably do a marathon soon & play thru the rest of the games I haven't beaten.

xelement5x

« Reply #291 on: January 26, 2015, 06:05:06 AM »
... really liked Trigun back in the day, but I don't think it holds up as well today personally....

This man is of teh crack smokerz club! Trigun was and is still a great anime! The series was by far the best part but Badlands movie was really good too! Humor, storyline, characters...all amazing sir!

I'm not saying Trigun is bad, but upon rewatching it recently it just didn't hold up to the memories I had.  It's still a good, solid anime, just not something I would put on the level of Cowboy Bebop for the overall quality. 

There is some anime I have rewatched recently and it just wasn't that good as I remembered, others seem to be better than I had remembered and I'm surprised I didn't like them more back then. 

Some random musings:
Slayers is still hilarious
Serial Experiment Lain is not that deep
Beserk is still an epic (albeit violent) story
The original Dragonball is funnier when you have kids watching it too.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

munchiaz

« Reply #292 on: January 26, 2015, 10:12:00 AM »
Been watching Jojo's Bizarre adventure: Stardust crusaders. Up to ep. 13 so far. its got the monster of the week feel, but its just one of those animes that you like because its so anime.   

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #293 on: January 26, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »
Watching Akame ga Kill right now, sh!t is cray.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »
I finished Gundam Unicorn a while back. The ending satisfied me quite a bit, but I'm afraid the new school/non-Japanese fans probably aren't going to quite get it.

Speaking of which, and since someone mentioned Gundam Breaker here a year ago, I'm playing Gundam Breaker 2 quite regularly and its a game I like quite a bit. (I put 127 hours into GB1) so PM me if you want to play.

esteban

« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2015, 11:03:01 AM »

I finished Gundam Unicorn a while back. The ending satisfied me quite a bit, but I'm afraid the new school/non-Japanese fans probably aren't going to quite get it.

Speaking of which, and since someone mentioned Gundam Breaker here a year ago, I'm playing Gundam Breaker 2 quite regularly and its a game I like quite a bit. (I put 127 hours into GB1) so PM me if you want to play.

Dude, you can't just post and then disappear. Talk to my saggy white ass, at least. Thank you.

For example, have you played Miraculum on PC-FX? I haven't, but I have been enjoying the soundtrack. See? We can talk, goddammit. :)
  |    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:51 AM »
I haven't played it. Lately I've been playing mostly PS3 and Vita stuff, if you can believe that.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2015, 08:41:23 AM »
I haven't played it. Lately I've been playing mostly PS3 and Vita stuff, if you can believe that.

Have you played Demon Gaze?

That game ruled.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2015, 05:37:15 AM »
Nah, I mostly just play Bandai stuff and racing games.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
I've been big into old school Toei Douga movies lately and watched Animal Treasure Island this weekend.
--DragonmasterDan