Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 31112 times)

xelement5x

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2015, 08:03:03 AM »
I watched a fair chuck of Terraformars this weekend, I'm not sure what this series is trying to do but I don't think it's doing a very good job of it.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:01 AM »
I spent the weekend rewatching attack on Titan.

Love it

Just reminded me of how much of a wait time there is until another season is available. Just like high school of the dead it had a strong first season and it left fans waiting for more content when the manga is still very early in its being established.  Sigh

xelement5x

« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53:50 AM »
Bumping this.

I've been watching the Kancolle anime and it seems okay. I was recommended Elfen Lied again from a friend but only watched part of it back in the day was a bit turned off by the extreme violence in it. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
I've been watching the 1970s Captain Harlock series. I watched through all the episodes of Galaxy Express 999 a while back. So this is familiar territory for me.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »

I've been watching the 1970s Captain Harlock series. I watched through all the episodes of Galaxy Express 999 a while back. So this is familiar territory for me.

I always feel comforted by Harlock and Galaxy Express. It is a compliment I rarely give anything.

:)
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2015, 01:08:32 PM »

I always feel comforted by Harlock and Galaxy Express. It is a compliment I rarely give anything.

Comfortable is right.

Captain Harlock has a bit more going for it in terms of linear continuity and storytelling from episode to episode.

Galaxy Express was so cookie cutter it got incredibly formulaic yet I ended many an evening with an episode right before bed.

There's a Queen Millennia show from the same Universe/made by Toei in roughly the same period but alas it hasn't been subtitled into English. So once I'm done with Harlock I have the Arcadia DVD to watch, then I might seek out Maetel Legend to close out that universe for a while.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2015, 11:10:19 AM »

Comfortable is right.

Captain Harlock has a bit more going for it in terms of linear continuity and storytelling from episode to episode.

Galaxy Express was so cookie cutter it got incredibly formulaic yet I ended many an evening with an episode right before bed.

There's a Queen Millennia show from the same Universe/made by Toei in roughly the same period but alas it hasn't been subtitled into English. So once I'm done with Harlock I have the Arcadia DVD to watch, then I might seek out Maetel Legend to close out that universe for a while.

I never watched all of Arcadia, I really gotta go back to that. 

I never saw Maetel Legend...now I am curious about it (and, of course, Wueen Millennia).

|    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »
Getting my Afro Samurai fix on today.

Got the limited edition two disk DVD set of the first OVA.

The case is so pretty

Really wish the second half came in a matching case.

Might just buy the two parts on bluray and swap out this case with those versions.

Digi.k

« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2015, 12:14:09 AM »

if i's not been mentioned already then..

space adventure cobra the original tv series to buy here

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/j0EsTkob-RwTzThCWN/browse/item/100521/4/0/0

or can watch it on youtube if you like

esteban

« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2015, 09:17:43 AM »

if i's not been mentioned already then..

space adventure cobra the original tv series to buy here

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/j0EsTkob-RwTzThCWN/browse/item/100521/4/0/0

or can watch it on youtube if you like

Thank you! I gotta watch this.

ONLY BECAUSE I CONSIDER IT "RESEARCH" for the Hudson digital comics...
  |    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »
The quality of animation in Cobra is ridiculously high. It makes pretty much all anime from the same period look like the cheap junk that it is.

Digi.k

« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »
Junker comes here movie

SignOfZeta

« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »
I was really into that until everyone started speaking English. Still waiting for the anime market to tank back to the point where dubs are no longer economically feasible.

Digi.k

« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2015, 02:10:33 PM »
a blossoming girl born from a vampire and werewolf is to befriend normal every folk..because her folks think she is an ordinary human being for not having any special powers, she falls in love with someone in the human world but there is a love rival in the form of daughter from a yakuza boss.

Girl's anime Tokimeki Tonight
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:15:27 PM by Digi.k »

ultrageranium

« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2015, 09:13:08 PM »
For those into slow paced, mysterious, at times eerie (not horror though) short folk-tales like stories set in an imaginary medieval Japan, I really recommend Mushishi. Both the 2005 and 2014 seasons are very good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushishi#Anime