Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 31056 times)

xelement5x

Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2015, 12:33:45 PM »
Would you all shut the f*ck up and talk about anime like grown ass men?

Ah shaddup yourself! While it'd be too much to ask for you to learn to write properly, it's not too much for you to learn how use the quote feature and holding SHIFT + PGDN to quickly select text and delete/empty out what's irrelevant or use the mouse proper to do it! And even if you're dumb as a box of rocks for that or lazy as all f--k, you could've gone a page prior for a shorter post of mine! No, you brought your quoting troll game/stunt out of FS, so you ain't no "thread hero" - stop acting like one!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2015, 05:43:22 PM »

Ah shaddup yourself! While it'd be too much to ask for you to learn to write properly, it's not too much for you to learn how use the quote feature and holding SHIFT + PGDN to quickly select text and delete/empty out what's irrelevant or use the mouse proper to do it! And even if you're dumb as a box of rocks for that or lazy as all f--k, you could've gone a page prior for a shorter post of mine! No, you brought your quoting troll game/stunt out of FS, so you ain't no "thread hero" - stop acting like one!

Please stop insulting me and sending me very weird PMs. You are derailing the thread which is "The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime "
Thank you.

With that out of the way, I am curious about what everyone thinks of the "Gainax Jiggle"?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:48:19 PM by PunkicCyborg »
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »
I am curious about what everyone thinks of the "Gainax Jiggle"?

That clip appears to be a "ROID RAGE" moment....

So, that's a pretty cute young guy with bitch tits.
  |    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »
Is it true there was never an official English language release of Gunbuster that was either uncensored or had the original training music retained?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #470 on: July 31, 2015, 02:55:52 AM »

.... he said while ignoring that everyone had indeed shut the f*ck up five days prior.

Don't poke the embers, toss on a fresh log, then bitch about the flame up.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #471 on: July 31, 2015, 03:23:39 AM »
Please stop insulting me and sending me very weird PMs. You are derailing the thread which is "The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime "

There was nothing "weird," very or otherwise, about my PMs - when you do mass quote bombs of me in the forum publicly, I send you those same mass quote bombs to your PM inbox till you stop doing it! See how that works ? That's ALL it was! That's what it'll take for you to stop thinking that you're funny with it... It wasn't funny the first time you did it, and it wasn't funny the other time you did it either!

Stop heckling/needling me on this forum as you've done for well over a year now -- I really don't care for you -- and then you don't have to worry about me insulting you in response! You're the one that picked the fight with me, brah, or are you now confused a little bit with your own history ??

And as was pointed out, SignOfZealotry moved on with me, he'll find somebody else to call psychopath that says the wrong thing about his favorite "unimpeachable masterpiece" of an anime... You were late to the party Mr. "thread hero." The show was over, don't start another one if you purport to all of a sudden care about the thread so much.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:52:32 PM by NightWolve »

esteban

« Reply #472 on: July 31, 2015, 06:45:08 AM »
I have heard mixed reviews for Grave of the Fireflies—so, is it worth watching? DISCUSS....
  |    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #473 on: July 31, 2015, 07:29:02 AM »
Is it true there was never an official English language release of Gunbuster that was either uncensored or had the original training music retained?

The original VHS releases are in tact, but I don't know that those were ever dubbed, just subtitled. I think all the JP release are fine.

I'm a huge fan of this show, btw. As far as putting real "hard scifi" into an anime this is the one, IMHO. It also has the totally ridiculous scifi as well, great action, some decent romance, it has everything. One of the very best and probably the ultimate "nobody knows how to make this any more" show.

Currently watching: The Unico double feature BR from Discotek. I'm so grateful this company exists. My best copy of Island of Magic is the LD from the mid 80s and I've never run across an LD of the first movie. These BR transfers are PERFECT. Not overly restored, just very clear and original. The best way to watch these really charming and really weird movies.

xelement5x

« Reply #474 on: July 31, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
Punki's jiggles and other talk of Gunbuster have me interested.  I'd heard of it before but never really looked into it, will have to try and find a torrent or something to give it a go.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2015, 08:05:05 AM »

The original VHS releases are in tact, but I don't know that those were ever dubbed, just subtitled. I think all the JP release are fine.

I'm a huge fan of this show, btw. As far as putting real "hard scifi" into an anime this is the one, IMHO. It also has the totally ridiculous scifi as well, great action, some decent romance, it has everything. One of the very best and probably the ultimate "nobody knows how to make this any more" show.

Currently watching: The Unico double feature BR from Discotek. I'm so grateful this company exists. My best copy of Island of Magic is the LD from the mid 80s and I've never run across an LD of the first movie. These BR transfers are PERFECT. Not overly restored, just very clear and original. The best way to watch these really charming and really weird movies.

http://archives.tg-16.com/DENGEKI/1993-02/page_0004.jpg

http://archives.tg-16.com/DENGEKI/1993-02/page_0005.jpg
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2015, 11:35:34 AM »

I'm a big fan of Discotek's stuff as well. I haven't picked up the Unico Blu-Ray but you've just about convinced me to do so.
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
From the second I put that Unico disc in for the first time the other day I was at once taken back in time to the era...not just an era before anime sucked, but before we ever even though that it might ever suck. When I was a kid anime (actually, animation in general) felt like the most limitless medium possible. We hadn't hit the wall yet, there were no known walls to hit. The talent, the skill, and the budgets all just seemed like they would expand forever.

It's a great disk. 

Grandiloquence

« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
Ahh, Gunbuster. Love it, but I only have the VHS tapes. Is it available on blu ray? Currently watching the second lot of the Patlabor OAV series on BD that I had to import from the States because it was only available on DVD in the UK. Apparently the first series didn't sell well enough here to justify releasing it on blu ray. A pity, I love Patlabor.
I have also been watching Gurren Lagann which is excellent! I have the Robotech box set to watch next, and the recently released Nadia: Secret of Blue Water on BD after that.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2015, 12:03:12 PM »
From the second I put that Unico disc in for the first time the other day I was at once taken back in time to the era...not just an era before anime sucked, but before we ever even though that it might ever suck. When I was a kid anime (actually, animation in general) felt like the most limitless medium possible. We hadn't hit the wall yet, there were no known walls to hit. The talent, the skill, and the budgets all just seemed like they would expand forever.

It's a great disk. 

I recall renting those Unico VHS tapes when I was a very little kid. So I did just buy that Blu-Ray set which should be here in a few days. Just about everything discotek masters is high quality from a video/audio standpoint.
--DragonmasterDan