Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30955 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #630 on: January 15, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »
Started watching Erased. Damn good anime.

lions3

« Reply #631 on: January 18, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »
Anyone watching Crunchyroll? At the moment I'm digging "Gate". Modern military in a fantasy world. Fun

Now to start Captain Harlock. Been so long I can't remember the story.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #632 on: January 18, 2016, 08:34:02 PM »
I watch Crunchyroll for short 5-minute episodes of wacky series like Wooser and Miss Monochrome, where the commercial breaks inbetween don't bother me.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

wilykat

« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2016, 11:43:37 PM »
Anyone watching Crunchyroll? At the moment I'm digging "Gate". Modern military in a fantasy world. Fun

If mixed military and fantasy is your thing, maybe Outbreak Company? http://myanimelist.net/anime/19369/Outbreak_Company  Quite funny.

xelement5x

« Reply #634 on: January 19, 2016, 04:08:38 AM »

If mixed military and fantasy is your thing, maybe Outbreak Company? http://myanimelist.net/anime/19369/Outbreak_Company  Quite funny.

This sounds interesting.  Maybe.  I have such a hard time getting a reliable internet connection in the gym unfortunately.

I'm almost done with the Devil is a Part Timer though, it's pretty fun.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

elmer

« Reply #635 on: January 19, 2016, 04:20:09 AM »

One of my favorite shows in a long time, and the first one that I've wanted to actually buy since Cowboy Bebop.

Not sure how they're going to keep it "fresh" for the 2nd season ... but I'm hoping.

xelement5x

« Reply #636 on: January 19, 2016, 07:40:51 AM »

One of my favorite shows in a long time, and the first one that I've wanted to actually buy since Cowboy Bebop.

Not sure how they're going to keep it "fresh" for the 2nd season ... but I'm hoping.

My wife said that the author rebooted the light novels to do something like "the devil is a high school student" or similar, so I'm not sure either.  I'm on episode 13, after I finish that I might go back to Zero no Tsukaima, but it's getting pretty ecchi in the 3rd season.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

lions3

« Reply #637 on: January 19, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »

Thanks. I'll check that out. I was looking for something new.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #638 on: January 21, 2016, 05:05:31 AM »

I watched the whole late 70s or early 80s Toei Captain Harlock series last year. The story isn't that complex but it's a fun watch nonetheless.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2016, 05:00:42 AM »
Well that took for ever.

I completely forgot I even had the third movie preordered.

Hmm seems I never got around to getting the first one. Wonder if it will be difficult going one that will match up with these other two in terms of casing.

lions3

« Reply #640 on: February 06, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »

Thanks for posting about that series. They were taking so long I completely forgot about the 3rd movie.

Digi.k

« Reply #641 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »
Well that took for ever.

Hmm seems I never got around to getting the first one. Wonder if it will be difficult going one that will match up with these other two in terms of casing.

what region are those?  The UK packaging is different.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #642 on: February 10, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »
Holy shit. Manga Video still exists!?

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #643 on: February 10, 2016, 07:57:23 PM »
I bit the bullet and got me Bubblegum Crisis on Blu-ray.

I've watched up to episode 5 so far and I think Animeigo did a very nice job, the picture and sound is better than I expected. And much, much better than on my 15 year old DVDs released by OVA-Films/ACOG back in the day.

Luckily, there are even German subtitles on the BR discs, and it looks like they're mostly taken from the old release I mentioned, with only a few touch ups here and there. Which is fine for me, since I like that translation and would have found it odd to see a major overhaul.

I'll give the English subtitles as well as the English dub a try soon.

Still, I think the initial 4 episodes were the best out of the total 8. The drawing style, the animation, the believeable story and the attention to detail is amazing in them. The later ones seem to lose a bit of that, ok admittedly episode 7 double vision brings back some of it.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Medic_wheat

« Reply #644 on: February 11, 2016, 12:59:12 AM »
Well that took for ever.

what region are those?  The UK packaging is different.

NA collectors editions. Basicly it comes with a slip cover.