Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 31073 times)

xelement5x

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:52 AM »
I voted on the ideas, but admittedly there was only so much in the budget to work with, plus issues with licensing and printing.  We did get nice digital copies of a lot of art and stuff provided, but most people forget about them because it was digital only. 

I think one of the largest issues was with weight.  In the US shipping books and stuff is cheap, but going internationally anything over 1lb starts inflating the shipping cost like CRAZY apparently.   I do think that the owner has gotten a lot better on this run with OnV though.  I would just keep the items if I were you, I doubt you would get much for them online unless the stars were in alignment.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #661 on: February 23, 2016, 03:18:59 AM »
Agreed, you guys are correct. Thanks for explaining the situation to me. Sorry for my rant.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Digi.k

« Reply #662 on: February 26, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »
man I still have the originals Bubblegum Crisis on VHS.... I just don't have a video player anymore...

The Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 I didn't like that much and I can't remember why exactly as it's been years since I imported the box set from US soil.

I still got the japanese music CD

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:25:30 PM by Digi.k »

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #663 on: February 26, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
I think I've got it on tape as well, recorded from TV in the late 90s/early 00s. Good times.

Since my old VCR broke down, I got me a cheap used SVHS recorder from Panasonic that in all honesty rarely ever gets use nowadays apart from collecting dust in the TV rack.

Ah, that music CD, got that as well from a local import store in 2003. Back then when they still imported game soundtracks and old school anime music. Today, they're left with Korean and Japanese Pop/Rock music CDs. Got one or two Ayumi Hamasaki CDs as well from them.

About BGC 2040, I think you might haven't bothered with it so much because of its hideous character design and the lame music. At least this is why I stayed away from it without even having seen a single episode, so please don't count my opinion as universal.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #664 on: February 28, 2016, 09:54:36 AM »

The Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 I didn't like that much and I can't remember why exactly as it's been years since I imported the box set from US soil.

It lacks the charm, attention to quality character design, music and animation that the original had.
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #665 on: February 28, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »
Yeah, f*ck that other show. It looks OK but it was one of those things where the rights holders moved while the actual tallent was not involved. It's also TV so...way way too long.

Digi.k

« Reply #666 on: February 29, 2016, 10:03:02 AM »
currently watching through Evangelion 3.33 and I'm like Wut da fuq!!!!!!!

Comparing to the original TV series this is completely different ..

Medic_wheat

« Reply #667 on: March 23, 2016, 11:42:53 AM »
This fan trailer makes me want to rewatch the original series.

Sadly I do not have them. But I do have the two movies that replaced its tv ending.

lions3

« Reply #668 on: March 23, 2016, 03:12:56 PM »
I just got sucked into the PSO2 animation on Crunchyroll. Was bored so watched a few episodes. Didn't expect it but I couldn't stop watching.

xelement5x

« Reply #669 on: March 28, 2016, 05:05:12 AM »
A friend just sent me this, new Berserk!!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #670 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »
man I still have the originals Bubblegum Crisis on VHS.... I just don't have a video player anymore...

I still got the japanese music CD

Love the original Bubblegum Crisis, especially the soundtrack. BC 2040 was nearly as good for me and I think part of it had to do with the music. The original set the bar so high.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #671 on: April 07, 2016, 08:25:16 AM »
Just watched the entire series of Attack on Titan. Wow.
Eagerly waiting for season 2.

esteban

« Reply #672 on: April 07, 2016, 09:56:58 AM »
! No longer available

My daughter and I (6th grade) really enjoyed it.

I'm ordering the jumbo-sized manga reprint/collection as we speak.

We also really enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #673 on: April 07, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
! No longer available

My daughter and I (6th grade) really enjoyed it.

I'm ordering the jumbo-sized manga reprint/collection as we speak.

We also really enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Interesting. Link to the Managua you are ordering new?  I might be interested as welll

esteban

« Reply #674 on: April 07, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »
Interesting. Link to the Managua you are ordering new?  I might be interested as welll

I'm a sucker for the jumbo size. In the early 80's, my parents let me buy tons of comics from garage sales and I got TONS of these friggin HUGE JUMBO-SIZED comics (reprints and collections).

Volume 3 won't be released until Sept. 16, 2016...

Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1612629717/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_.JUbxbYQJP70C

Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1632361817/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_yQUbxbJM5KSFR
  |    |