Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30714 times)

esteban

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #765 on: September 04, 2016, 06:53:07 AM »
When somebody gets butthurt about hearing others opinions, he should hide himself in a deep hole isolated from the rest of the world and shouldn't visit online forums.

:)

I was teasing. I'll stop.

But, seriously, I bet you would like some of these films.

|    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #766 on: September 04, 2016, 07:00:31 AM »
When somebody gets butthurt about hearing others opinions, he should hide himself in a deep hole isolated from the rest of the world and shouldn't visit online forums.

Well then, bye. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #767 on: September 04, 2016, 07:23:10 AM »
I was teasing. I'll stop.
Don't worry. How in the world could I be mad at you?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

xelement5x

« Reply #768 on: September 07, 2016, 08:41:18 AM »
I finished Maison Ikkoku and was having a hard time finding something to follow up that amazing series with. Watched most of Super Dimension Century Orguss but started to feel like a chore. Just got really boring but I need to finish it since I'm almost done. Wife wanted something to watch with me so we started Macross Frontier but she kept falling asleep. Then she wanted to switch to Inu Yasha but man thats just too long at almost 200 episodes for the first series!
Finally started Gurren Lagann and think that will be the one we stick with, whether she falls asleep or not on me (I work late so our sleep schedules kind of suck) because it's so fun. I'm just gonna binge watch this all week. Gotta love Gainax!

If you want another space epic I recommend Legend of Galactic Heroes.  110 episodes but there's like no filler, I really enjoyed the entire show.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #769 on: September 08, 2016, 09:42:49 AM »
Me and my girlfriend started watching the first season of Pokémon again. Oh, good old times. Even watching two metapods engaging in a hard(en) fight is more entertaining than watching a certain Ghibli movie. just kidding.

And by the way, there are more sexy pics added on her Cosplay site on Facebook. Feel free to stop by and... hit the like buttons as hard as you can. Or whatever you guys do in your free time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:46:09 AM by ClodBuster »

I said no, no, no

Digi.k

« Reply #770 on: January 04, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »
Rose of Versailles

This late 1970's anime based around drama's in a french noble court has grabbed my interests these last few days.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:13:29 AM by Digi.k »

TR0N

« Reply #771 on: January 04, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »
Been watching,gatchaman since i pick it up on bluray recently.Sure it's a kids show but i all ways wanted to watch it uncut since it was sanitize for na as battle of the planets.With gacthaman you can see how much it influence sentai.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #772 on: January 04, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »
Been watching,gatchaman since i pick it up on bluray recently.Sure it's a kids show but i all ways wanted to watch it uncut since it was sanitize for na as battle of the planets.With gacthaman you can see how much it influence sentai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sn1Y_BFfuI

I still loved Battle of the Planets.

I remember this one, messed up episode where a young boy loses his father (the ground rips open and the boy tries to hold his father by the arm to save him...but his grip isn't strong enough).

Anyway, here we are, decades later, and I still remember that scene. It was very rare to see something like that back in the early 80's in a kid's show :)

Wait!

This scene might have been from Robotech, actually.

Damn.

|    | 

TR0N

« Reply #773 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sn1Y_BFfuI

I still loved Battle of the Planets.

I remember this one, messed up episode where a young boy loses his father (the ground rips open and the boy tries to hold his father by the arm to save him...but his grip isn't strong enough).

Anyway, here we are, decades later, and I still remember that scene. It was very rare to see something like that back in the early 80's in a kid's show :)

Wait!

This scene might have been from Robotech, actually.

Damn.

Yeah that episode with the giant mummy and the kid ends up blaming ken for taking his father away.The show in it's original form can be a little brutal with characters being killed off ! To it's credit,only thing i liked about botp is ken the eagle being voiced by casey kasem.Every thing else for botp had to much forced edits.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

johnnykonami

« Reply #774 on: January 04, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »
I just bought the Bubble Gum Crisis Blu-ray set from Animeigo, it should be en route.  Picked up AD Police and Bubble Gum Crash DVDs from them too since they were so cheap.  I started buying the Ranma Blu-Ray sets also, so those should take me forever to get through.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #775 on: January 04, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »
Johnny, you won't be disappointed with the Crisis BDs, I promise.

I said no, no, no

xelement5x

« Reply #776 on: January 05, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »

Seconded, they did an amazing job there.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #777 on: January 05, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »

Unless you have a Blu-Ray player like my old Pioneer that doesn't like the discs.
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

« Reply #778 on: January 05, 2017, 12:51:20 PM »

Sweet!  I'm glad to hear that.  I'm excited to watch them now!

Unless you have a Blu-Ray player like my old Pioneer that doesn't like the discs.

Gonna watch them in the ol' PS Tripple, should work well enough hopefully.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #779 on: January 06, 2017, 01:36:37 AM »

Gonna watch them in the ol' PS Tripple, should work well enough hopefully.

Yeah, works fine on my PS3, I have a couple of other Sony BluRay players, haven't tested it on those. But the Pioneer in the living room didn't like the discs.
--DragonmasterDan