Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30680 times)

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #780 on: January 06, 2017, 01:59:04 AM »
Unless you have a Blu-Ray player like my old Pioneer that doesn't like the discs.

That sucks, I feel for you. Good thing it works on your PS3, does on mine, too.

By the way:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:01:06 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Medic_wheat

« Reply #781 on: January 06, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »
Unless you have a Blu-Ray player like my old Pioneer that doesn't like the discs.

That sucks, I feel for you. Good thing it works on your PS3, does on mine, too.

By the way:

I recently got the rebellion movie. Not sure if I want to get the tv series or the three movies the tv show Elias condensed into. Considering they are pricy.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #782 on: January 10, 2017, 04:56:11 AM »
The first volume of the Lupin Series 2 box sets arrived today 
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

« Reply #783 on: January 10, 2017, 05:36:16 AM »
The first volume of the Lupin Series 2 box sets arrived today 

Neat. Because Lupin is so old and I am. It very familirour with the series as tk what has and has not been dubbed I have a few questions.

Are these dubbed?  How many episodes? Blu ray? 

I know you can kinda tell what decade Lupin series were done based on the color jacket he wears but that's about it. I have a few of the movie collections from Funimatiksn and even fewer DVDs of the tv show that was dubbed.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #784 on: January 10, 2017, 05:40:27 AM »

Neat. Because Lupin is so old and I am. It very familirour with the series as tk what has and has not been dubbed I have a few questions.

Are these dubbed?  How many episodes? Blu ray? 

I know you can kinda tell what decade Lupin series were done based on the color jacket he wears but that's about it. I have a few of the movie collections from Funimatiksn and even fewer DVDs of the tv show that was dubbed.

This is series 2 from the late 1970s and early 1980s. Of series 2 episodes 81 of 155 are dubbed. This particular box set contains episodes 1-40 (all dubbed), this is DVD not Blu-Ray. All of the episodes on the first set were released in individual volumes by Geneon over a decade ago with approximately 5 episodes per DVD, but have been long since out of print.

Added in edit: Updated to late 1970s and early 1980s
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:56:23 AM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

« Reply #785 on: January 10, 2017, 05:41:53 AM »
Ah this might be a more viable options. Those Geon dvds are what I have. I think like two or three but they were just to expensive to try and complete

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #786 on: January 10, 2017, 05:45:27 AM »
Ah this might be a more viable options. Those Geon dvds are what I have. I think like two or three but they were just to expensive to try and complete

Starting with volume 5 they started to get produced in much smaller quantities. A quick look on amazon shows that Geneon Volume 5 is considerably more expensive https://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-Mission-Irresistible-Vol/dp/B0000TG4A6

Than the whole new set that includes it https://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-2-Box-1/dp/B01MAXV89Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1484073951&sr=1-2&keywords=Lupin+the+third+part+2
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #787 on: January 10, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »
Dat Fujiko!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

xelement5x

« Reply #788 on: January 13, 2017, 05:58:15 AM »
And on a completely different note, this short (6 mins) gave me the feels so hard :'(
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

xelement5x

« Reply #789 on: February 16, 2017, 07:08:42 AM »
So I recently watched and enjoyed Konosuba.  It's total ecchi and comedy but the situations and characters are good enough to keep watching.  Without saying too much, it's like the concept of Sword Art Online except there is nothing noble about any of the characters and it plays on like every RPG trope ever.  First episode starts a bit slow but the series picks up as it goes on.

You know you want to at least Google it now...

Michirin9801

« Reply #790 on: February 16, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
Konosuba is pretty good, fun and funny, I watched it soon after season 1 finished airing and I had a good time, but since I'm not the kind to watch stuff week-by-week I'll only be watching season 2 once the whole thing has come out so that I can binge on it...

TR0N

« Reply #791 on: February 16, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »
Did watch,cyborg 009 call of justice recently on netflik.It was ok but the whole show being cgi,makes the characters look stiff far as the animation goes.Beside the show main villain having a god like complex makes it kind of forgettable.It'some thing though this series such as cyborg 009 continue to be updated for the modern age.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:17:20 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xelement5x

« Reply #792 on: March 29, 2017, 05:35:08 AM »
I finally watched all of Macross: Do You Remember Love?

The productions values on the movie are pretty amazing, and the story and characters are pretty well fleshed out.  I definitely enjoyed it more than Macross Plus.  I'm debating watching Frontier or Zero next, but I also have a couple other things queued that I'd probably want to finish first. 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #793 on: March 29, 2017, 05:45:06 AM »
I finally watched all of Macross: Do You Remember Love?

The productions values on the movie are pretty amazing, and the story and characters are pretty well fleshed out.  I definitely enjoyed it more than Macross Plus.  I'm debating watching Frontier or Zero next, but I also have a couple other things queued that I'd probably want to finish first. 

I saw it a few years ago for the first time (I'm assuming you mean the movie). I love the 80s music theme and animation, but it was more eye candy and nostalgia for me than a film that stuck with me due to memorable plot or characters.
--DragonmasterDan

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #794 on: March 29, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »
I saw Macross DYRL the first time in 2000, when it was aired along with Macross II: Lovers Again on German TV, subtitled. I still have the VHS recording somewhere, which interestingly did not yet introduced the mastering bugs from the 2001 double pack DVD release. (one or two subtitle timing issues in DYRL and a horrible permanent reverb in the Japanese audio track of Lovers Again.)

I got introduced to the TV series much, much later in 2010.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no