Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 31119 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2017, 06:53:31 AM »
Well, lets see. It was super difficult to get western Macross releases to happen during the anime boom, now %90 of the revenue is gone and still no NA release of DYRL (beyond its first VHS release in like 1985 or whatever). Still no Frontier, 7, Zero, Flashback, or Delta.

I wouldn't hold out hope. If you like it that much pay $700 for the import.

I personally wouldn't since this is extremely cheap and crude anime that was quickly drawn into A4 sized cels and made for TVs that were only slightly larger. My LD box will do just fine.

Gypsy

« Reply #841 on: June 24, 2017, 02:58:33 AM »
Is GiTS Arise any good? Planning a GiTS marathon and wondering if I should bother with it. If it were cheaper I'd just buy it anyway to find out, but it's costly enough that I am seeking opinions on it.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #842 on: June 24, 2017, 05:03:37 AM »
I haven't seen it.

xelement5x

« Reply #843 on: June 24, 2017, 07:01:05 PM »
Is GiTS Arise any good? Planning a GiTS marathon and wondering if I should bother with it. If it were cheaper I'd just buy it anyway to find out, but it's costly enough that I am seeking opinions on it.

I enjoyed the first two on Netflix, haven't watched the rest of it yet though.  If you enjoyed GiTS and Stand Alone Complex you'll probably like this, though it is a prequel of sorts.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #844 on: June 25, 2017, 02:21:36 AM »
Yeah a prequel to the whole thing if I was understanding right. And yeah I love GiTS. Too bad the blus for the first movie and SAC 1/2 are garbage.

I actually need to pick up the DVDs for SAC, fortunately they seem to be back in print.

Right now I've been watching some random OAVs/movies I accumulated but hadn't got around to watching or haven't watched in a long time. Watched Venus Wars last night it was okay. Started on Dominion Tank Police and it seems fine.

Gypsy

« Reply #845 on: June 29, 2017, 06:46:36 AM »
Finished Dominion Tank Police awhile ago. It was pretty good.

Other things watched recently: Cyber City Oedo 808, 801 TTS Airbats, Elf Princess Rane. Nothing too great here.

Waiting on GiTS stuff to trickle on in through the mail. Giant Robo coming as well.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #846 on: June 29, 2017, 08:33:42 AM »
Finished Dominion Tank Police awhile ago. It was pretty good.
It is, indeed.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

SignOfZeta

« Reply #847 on: June 29, 2017, 09:04:45 AM »
Good to hear Stand Alone Complex is available again. I didn't buy it back in the day because of the confusing nature of the releases. I actually fell in love with it on cable and VoD and by then it was hard to find anything that looked like a "volume 1" anywhere.

Gypsy

« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »
Yeah the collection DVDs are still in print thankfully (you can actually order them directly from Amazon). The BD release is an embarrassment, otherwise I'd have gone with that.

Oh and if anyone here would like a UV code (digital HD) for Innocence just message me, I got on with this combo pack and I'm not going to use it. Also it should definitely be valid, because I bought new.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »
Yeah the collection DVDs are still in print thankfully (you can actually order them directly from Amazon). The BD release is an embarrassment, otherwise I'd have gone with that.

Oh and if anyone here would like a UV code (digital HD) for Innocence just message me, I got on with this combo pack and I'm not going to use it. Also it should definitely be valid, because I bought new.

That's very nice of you. Not interested as I have a downloaded file of it and The bluray.

Gypsy

« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »
I went to someone on another forum.

Digi.k

« Reply #851 on: July 14, 2017, 01:48:14 AM »
Finally I can watch both movies now!

The first one is pretty easy to find released by Bandai but the 2nd movie is super hard to get and for a decent price.

So I when I saw both movies being released as a set and cheap I just had to grab that Malaysian release comes in both english and japanese audio.  Love the animation and artwork!

Gypsy

« Reply #852 on: July 14, 2017, 01:56:17 AM »
Malaysian release, lol.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #853 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:12 AM »
Nice bootleg. Let us know about picture quality (or lack thereof) and how much Engrish it contains.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Digi.k

« Reply #854 on: July 14, 2017, 05:46:30 AM »
Nice bootleg. Let us know about picture quality (or lack thereof) and how much Engrish it contains.

picture quality is exactly the same as the official western bandai release and uses the same assets ie american voice dialogue track