Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30717 times)

PunkicCyborg

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #885 on: September 03, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
Been on a Fate series kick. My friends got me playing Fate Grand order which has been very fun addictive gacha game. Got into the anime with Fate Stay Night and  watching fate zero
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Gypsy

« Reply #886 on: September 04, 2017, 02:47:32 AM »
I started the FSN anime and never finished it. Don't remember why.

esteban

« Reply #887 on: September 04, 2017, 03:17:25 AM »
I started the FSN anime and never finished it. Don't remember why.

Chlamydia?

:)

(no, it makes no sense)
  |    | 

xelement5x

« Reply #888 on: September 05, 2017, 05:39:33 AM »
FSN was good when I watched it long ago but I've heard that Fate/Zero is much better. 

My wife and I started watching The Eccentric Family on Crunchyroll and have been enjoying it, it's got a very laid back feel to it and has a fun bend on the whole Japanese mythical creatures in modern Japan idea. 

Also started watching the BubbleGum Crisis blu rays over the last week as well, man it looks so good.  The AnimEigo folks did a hell of a job on that remaster.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #889 on: September 05, 2017, 06:09:23 AM »
Also started watching the BubbleGum Crisis blu rays over the last week as well, man it looks so good.  The AnimEigo folks did a hell of a job on that remaster.

It's fuggin great. Looking forward to their next kickstarter. I did finally snag Otaku no Video blu from their webstore.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #890 on: September 05, 2017, 06:38:11 AM »

It's fuggin great. Looking forward to their next kickstarter. I did finally snag Otaku no Video blu from their webstore.

Link?  Might be interested as well.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #891 on: September 05, 2017, 08:32:59 AM »

Link?  Might be interested as well.

Here you go

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

SignOfZeta

« Reply #892 on: September 05, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
I love Animeigo's BRs but I sure would love it if they could use something less greasy for their printed stuff. There's so much gloss and glare on everything...reminds me of 90s trading cards.

johnnykonami

« Reply #893 on: September 18, 2017, 04:35:12 AM »
Got the Ranma 1/2 Movies and OAV collection on Blu-ray to complete my Viz special edition set a couple days ago.  Still working my way through the series so I haven't watched it yet, I'm on set 4 I think.  I am still waiting for UY to get the same treatment and then I'm all over that too.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #894 on: September 18, 2017, 05:35:45 AM »
Got the Ranma 1/2 Movies and OAV collection on Blu-ray to complete my Viz special edition set a couple days ago.  Still working my way through the series so I haven't watched it yet, I'm on set 4 I think.  I am still waiting for UY to get the same treatment and then I'm all over that too.

I did the same as to complete my Ranma 1/2 series.

UY?

xelement5x

« Reply #895 on: September 18, 2017, 06:09:05 AM »

I did the same as to complete my Ranma 1/2 series.

UY?

I'm assuming he means Urusei Yatsura, you know, Lummy with the tiger stripe bikini and the horns?

I've love a UY TV box set myself but I think AnimEigo has lost the rights to it.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

johnnykonami

« Reply #896 on: September 18, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »
Yep Urusei Yatsura.  I attempted to collect the Animeigo DVD Box sets back in the late 90's but never completed the set.. if I recall correctly they were $100 bucks per 5 dvd set, I got 3-4 in and stopped because I couldn't keep up.  $40 for like 24 some episodes on blu-ray would be much better, I hope someone can pick it up, it is probably my favorite show.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #897 on: September 18, 2017, 07:24:27 AM »
Yep Urusei Yatsura.  I attempted to collect the Animeigo DVD Box sets back in the late 90's but never completed the set.. if I recall correctly they were $100 bucks per 5 dvd set, I got 3-4 in and stopped because I couldn't keep up.  $40 for like 24 some episodes on blu-ray would be much better, I hope someone can pick it up, it is probably my favorite show.

I have a few of those 
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

« Reply #898 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:53 AM »
Nice, looks like you got a few more than I did!  I'll buy Movie 2 again also which I already have on DVD but is being re-released at some point soon by discotek, in hopes it would encourage the series to be re-released.

xelement5x

« Reply #899 on: September 18, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »
Nice, looks like you got a few more than I did!  I'll buy Movie 2 again also which I already have on DVD but is being re-released at some point soon by discotek, in hopes it would encourage the series to be re-released.

Beautiful Dreamer is an odd one, I enjoy it on many levels but it's so drastically different than the tone of the TV show that it's kind of hard to get into. I really need to be in a certain type of mindset to watch and enjoy it.