Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 31142 times)

Gypsy

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #945 on: December 04, 2017, 01:31:44 AM »
It's okay. I'll def be buying the bluray.

xelement5x

« Reply #946 on: December 04, 2017, 07:23:28 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/riding-bean-high-octane-edition-anime-blu-ray/posts/2061743

Next blu-ray from these guys will be Gunsmith Cats. The old DVD of this is pretty overpriced but the biggest thing for me with this is they are now releasing something that wasn't in their old catalog.

I got the email about this as well, super exciting!  Will probably back it when it shows up as well as they have been doing a really solid job on their Kickstarter releases.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #947 on: December 04, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »
You're welcome. I'm definitely going to buy it.

I just grabbed Lupin First Contact off Amazon, heard it's pretty good.

First contact is decent if you want to watch non-canon Lupin gang origin story #2872
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

« Reply #948 on: December 04, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »
Heh. With super long running anime I tend to not really worry about what is and isn't canon. I actually didn't even know that was the case though so thanks.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #949 on: December 04, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
Gundam Origin V showed up today. IMO stretching Loam out to two hour long eps is not a great idea (series was extended from 5 to 6 eps) but we’ll see.

Well, I was wrong to doubt. Origin V is one of the best Gundam episodes ever. I’ve finally warmed up to this series which is due to end at VI.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #950 on: December 04, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
Got tickets to see Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel in theaters tomorrow night with my FGO buddies.  So excite 😁
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Gypsy

« Reply #951 on: December 10, 2017, 12:54:47 AM »
I finished up the original Mobile Suit Gundam a few days ago. It was okay. Really ramped up in the last few episodes. Going to start 08th MS Team tonight.

I just finished MS Team recently. I basically watched it in two chunks. The first seven episodes back around when I posted this, then I got caught up with other stuff and watched the remaining 5 over the last couple nights. Animation quality was excellent, show itself was short and sweet.

Started Zeta Gundam. The jump in animation from the original is pretty noticeable.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #952 on: December 10, 2017, 03:46:42 AM »
The 08 MS Team is totally enjoyable but also pretty much totally forgettable. Sort of a waste of potential, IMO.

Gypsy

« Reply #953 on: December 10, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
The 08 MS Team is totally enjoyable but also pretty much totally forgettable. Sort of a waste of potential, IMO.

Yeah it's just a short gaiden that is basically a love story. In terms of the overall story it doesn't really add anything.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #954 on: December 10, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »
Last night my niece was over so we watched Magnetic Rose, the first part of Memories (1995). Anyone who hasn't seen that should and anyone who hoards old LDs should have this one, it even has English CCs/LD+G.

Gypsy

« Reply #955 on: December 10, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »
I had not heard of this before. I'll check it out.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #956 on: December 11, 2017, 12:13:32 AM »
Speaking of new Anime I recently got the tv/ova series to Patlabar. I was unaware of this series having anything more than the two movies.

The movies I picked up a few years ago do really cheap. I want to say $15 per set which I kinda loved. The box sets and books with concept art is really great. Made me feel no need to upgrade the set to the Blu-ray.

I got these off a recent sale that Sentai had. I think there is a 3rd movie and a “new series” also available but buyin this set wasn’t cheap. Maybe next year I can splurg on more anime lol. I sorta went crazy with the lot I bought from Sentai and Right Stuff. But then again I wait for the year end sales force most part.

This series from what I can see on YouTube is really fun. The animation is fantastic and although a different less gritty tone than the movies is definitely worth a watch. So I’ll have to slowly work my way through all this.

Once I finish watching my newest anime I plan to rewatch the movies.

Gypsy

« Reply #957 on: December 11, 2017, 12:43:13 AM »
If you like the tv series a lot, the 2nd oav is a continuation of it.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #958 on: December 11, 2017, 02:06:09 AM »
You must have been confused as shit by those movies. :)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #959 on: December 11, 2017, 02:50:02 AM »
If you like the tv series a lot, the 2nd oav is a continuation of it.

I just double checked. Yes the new files great to know it’s a continuation. I thought I might have just been a stand alone OVA. Odd to me that the tv show and first OVA is dubbed in English. However the second OVA is only subbed.