Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30610 times)

Gypsy

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #975 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:52 AM »
Heh. Well it is my first time watching this stuff. It looks like it's going to be one of my favourite mecha series.

Gypsy

« Reply #976 on: December 17, 2017, 10:48:45 AM »
Steins;Gate is $11 brand new on Amazon right now.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #977 on: December 17, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »
Steins;Gate is $11 brand new on Amazon right now.

And I just bought it. Sure I have had it for years from torrent sites but I have been on a crusading to legally own Anime especially series and movies I enjoyed.

Gypsy

« Reply #978 on: December 17, 2017, 11:23:44 PM »
Yeah I bought it too. Hard to go wrong at that price so I'll give it a go, been meaning to anyway. I noticed it after I had already placed a large order but I'd think Amazon would combine it and ship everything in a box.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #979 on: December 30, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
My Lupin the Third Series Part II Collection II arrived this week along with GoShogun: The Time Estranger on Blu-Ray (which I've never seen).
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #980 on: January 19, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »
On the recommendation of PunkicCyborg a couple weeks back, I just finished watching Devilman Crybaby on Netflix just recently. It starts out really weird and over the top with the nudity and themes, but the series ends with an insane crescendo of sorts over the last three episodes. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but the music and animation are incredibly well done, plus at only 10 episodes it is not too long to stick with. I'd recommend it to anyone looking with something different to watch, it's not anything like most of the modern moe garbage that comes out.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SignOfZeta

« Reply #981 on: January 19, 2018, 01:39:49 PM »

I’d be interested in discussing this, the OVA itself or the analysis. The guy himself...his voice is annoying and every pro podcaster looks like Jake Paul to me now but in my opinion it’s well worth watching.

This is the kind of anime that I love and almost nobody else will even watch let alone watch dozens of times, largely because a lot of it is impossible to find (in this case there is a perfect HD ver on YouTube) or its untranslated (in this case there is so little dialogue and so many ways to interpret the thing that language is not that important) so I’m glad to see this.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2018, 02:26:19 PM »
Thinking of cataloging my current anime library and verifying what is a keeper, what to ykgrade if blu Ray is avilable, and what holes I have left in my incomplete series/movies collection.

Apart from all of that I am debating on getting the newest Berserk season one. I enjoyed the golden egg arch three movie features. So probably get it but not 100% sold on it yet.

A few weeks ago I marathoned Mob Psycho 100. I loved it. I think I enjoyed it more so than One Punch. Even though the same creator made these series Mob just seemed more. I don’t know. 80s light hearted.

Medic_wheat

TR0N

« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
On the recommendation of PunkicCyborg a couple weeks back, I just finished watching Devilman Crybaby on Netflix just recently. It starts out really weird and over the top with the nudity and themes, but the series ends with an insane crescendo of sorts over the last three episodes. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but the music and animation are incredibly well done, plus at only 10 episodes it is not too long to stick with. I'd recommend it to anyone looking with something different to watch, it's not anything like most of the modern moe garbage that comes out.
Dunno but i think devilman crybaby animation was rather sloppy.Though for the amount of sex&violence it had i saw it as the norm since it is based off go-nagai original.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

« Reply #985 on: January 20, 2018, 02:35:12 AM »
http://youtu.be/2PJePhJY76U

I’d be interested in discussing this, the OVA itself or the analysis. The guy himself...his voice is annoying and every pro podcaster looks like Jake Paul to me now but in my opinion it’s well worth watching.

This is the kind of anime that I love and almost nobody else will even watch let alone watch dozens of times, largely because a lot of it is impossible to find (in this case there is a perfect HD ver on YouTube) or its untranslated (in this case there is so little dialogue and so many ways to interpret the thing that language is not that important) so I’m glad to see this.

Watching the movie on youtube now.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #986 on: January 20, 2018, 02:51:52 AM »
Dunno but i think devilman crybaby animation was rather sloppy.Though for the amount of sex&violence it had i saw it as the norm since it is based off go-nagai original.

I agree with the latter part of your comment regarding what to expect as far as content and explicitness.

With that said I rather enjoyed crybabies art direction.

Would love to see the series get a physical release. A NA blueray release fk the OVA (I believe JP got one a few years back).

I would also like to see a NA release of the chino series as well.

https://i.imgur.com/7HDTem3.jpg

Medic_wheat

« Reply #987 on: January 20, 2018, 02:57:23 AM »
I am so dumb. Diskotech released Chara Go Nagai World already.

Seems only dvd?  Still it’s now a must buy for me.

Gypsy

« Reply #988 on: January 20, 2018, 04:10:49 AM »
http://youtu.be/2PJePhJY76U

Fantastic movie, highly symbolic so there is a lot to think about. I wonder if I could find a Japanese LD or DVD of it. Preferably LD just for the artwork if anything.

esteban

« Reply #989 on: January 20, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »

I just started watching this last night!

Ha!

I am sticking to the end.

:)
  |    |