Author Topic: I want Out Run  (Read 379 times)

Joe Redifer

I want Out Run
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:43:36 AM »
I need the PCE version of Out Run, complete (little foam thing not necessary, though).  Then I will have the big 3 Sega games for my Turbo: Space Harrier, After Burner and Out Run all expertly ported over.  I used to see the PCE Out Run back in the day on display (running) on a local game store's TurboGrafx-16 whenever I went in to rent games.  That and Power Drift but the latter looked awful.

So, what are you waiting for?  Sell it to me.  Make me an offer.

TheClash603

Re: I want Out Run
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »
Would Altered Beast make it the Big 4?

Lilgrafx

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 02:10:38 PM »
What about fantasy Zone? Big 5

JapanTokei

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:34:16 AM »
Outrun kicks ass. 

GohanX

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
It's a bit on the expensive side, and I know we all hate ebay, but there is a complete Outrun on ebay right now for $27.99 plus shipping. I'm tempted to get it myself but I'm hoping for a cheaper hucard only version to pop up.

JapanTokei

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 03:16:41 AM »
It's a bit on the expensive side, and I know we all hate ebay, but there is a complete Outrun on ebay right now for $27.99 plus shipping. I'm tempted to get it myself but I'm hoping for a cheaper hucard only version to pop up.

It's worth it.  Even in japan it goes for 2000 yen.  That's almost 30 bucks based on the toiletpaper usd exchange rate these days.  The game is good, my fav sega arcade conversion on PCE ( tho space harrier and Shinobi are solid too)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »
Last I checked only a HuCard was on eBay, I'll re-check.  Screw Altered Beast, that game frustrates me to no end on the PCE.  I already have Fantasy Zone.  But neither of those two games do I consider "big" Sega games.

GohanX

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 06:04:58 AM »

It's worth it.  Even in japan it goes for 2000 yen.  That's almost 30 bucks based on the toiletpaper usd exchange rate these days.  The game is good, my fav sega arcade conversion on PCE ( tho space harrier and Shinobi are solid too)

Yeah, thanks for that, I just broke down and bought it. He's got one left if you're interested, Joe. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-ENGINE-Hu-card-OUT-RUN-TurboGrafx16-Japan-OUTRUN-/360387146334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e8bf725e

Now I just need Space Harrier and Shinobi!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »
Got it, thanks!

Mathius

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
Hate to necropost but what about ThunderBlade, Joejoe? I'd consider it a "Big" SEGA game, but few people like it it would seem. Have you tried the PCE version, and if so what did you think?

...I think you and I are the only ThunderBlade fans on Earth. :(
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

JapanTokei

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
I duuno about TB but i picked up Afterburner 2 and am looking forward to playing that as soon as my relatives visit and brings them from sapporo

Hate to necropost but what about ThunderBlade, Joejoe? I'd consider it a "Big" SEGA game, but few people like it it would seem. Have you tried the PCE version, and if so what did you think?

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Tatsujin

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »
Thunder Blade on the PCE stinks like almost any ports of that game on almost any platforms except the x68k. I was so hoping for an 1:1 sega age release on the saturn, but it never happened :(

At least we got the very best (even much better than arcade) out run on that console :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 05:52:52 AM »
Thunder Blade on the PCE stinks like almost any ports of that game on almost any platforms except the x68k. I was so hoping for an 1:1 sega age release on the saturn, but it never happened :(

At least we got the very best (even much better than arcade) out run on that console :)

True. I just wish SEGA would stop putting Super ThunderBlade on collections and release the arcade version on XBOX Live or Wii VC.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

csgx1

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 06:32:20 AM »

Another Thunder Blade fan right here.:)  Used to play the Sega Master System version for hours when it came out.  I'm probably the only person that really like the SMS version. :twisted:

I haven't played the PCE Thunder Blade in recent years, but I thought it was decent.  I think I'll break out my copy and play it today.