Author Topic: We Be Clubbin!  (Read 592 times)

Ninja Spirit

We Be Clubbin!
« on: September 20, 2005, 04:33:09 PM »
This thread may not be for you if you're married :p
Who likes to go clubbing alot? What do you go there for? Girls, the atmosphere, drinks or other side scenarios such as dancing and occasional fights?

Me? Girls and dancing. But sometimes I stand around and listen to the music and "drum" the table until some random girl walks up from behind me and yanks me out to the dance floor. Other times I flaunt my semi-breakdance moves.

Keranu

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 04:45:22 PM »
Never been to one myself and would probably make a fool of myself if I did, or I could be like the nerdy kid in the 80's who starts some strange new dance in the room and everyone circles around me to watch me move with this new style and slowly everybody one-by-one starts immitating the dance and I become the hot shot of the club  8) . Unfortunately I highly doubt this would ever happen to me, but who knows  :arrow: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 06:01:20 PM »
I hate clubs and everything about them.  The atmosphere, the people, the DJs, the overpriced drinks, the meat market attitude.  I'd rather go chill at a regular bar or better yet buy some mexican beer and sit home with some friends and play a game/watch a movie.

lord_cack

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:30:11 PM »
"Im here for da beer and ba bitches!"....(thats from Little Nicky....in case you missed it...)

No sir not really...I don't do the club scene...I pretty much agree with GUTS on this one.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

vestcoat

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 06:48:08 PM »
there are a couple clubs around here that have weekly goth/industrial nights that i used to check out maybe once a month or so.  i knocked that off after i quit drinking in Janurary because i can't dance sober and i hate scenesters.  i still turn out for shows (lots of different music) maybe once every one or two weeks.  used to go to maybe 2-3 shows every week but i get impatient and anti-social around drunks now.

lord_cack

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 09:29:30 PM »
Maybe its just the "country boy" in me but I prefer a good old honky tonk or just plane old country bar as opposed to "clubs". The crowd always seems to be considerably more agreeable (even when completely sh*t faced drunk) and you can still have a good time....of course if you don't like country music then you prolly won't of course....

Ninja Spirit

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 03:11:21 AM »
To each his own cack. The crowd where I go to is agreeable also, but last Saturday I did have a bad moment myself and almost got in trouble over some girl. She tried to buy me a drink, she didn't like it, and tried to pin it on me to pay for it. I sure as hell don't drink. Luckily some guy nearby didn't like what happened, and he covered for me. I didn't have nothing on me at the time and I was just "invited" in their entourage.

esteban

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 03:59:25 AM »
I usually want to have a drink or two before I actually start dancing, but I have no problem acting like a fool sober -- I'm just a little more self-conscious and "stiff" when I'm sober.  It's only after a drink that I relax enough to "become one with the music" and really dance. I'm still goofy, I'm sure, but I'm comfortable with that.

I don't go to many bars or clubs these days -- just a few times a year with friends. University years are over for me :) ...

I've always felt out of place at bars / clubs -- for reasons folks have already articulated -- but they can be a really fun place if you just forget about the silly people who would otherwise spoil things.
  |    | 

doomfarer75

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 05:11:01 AM »
I recently stopped drinking as well...after years of debauchery, although I am in good shape and eat healthy, drinking just does me in, college and then the Service breeds bad habits.....and I realize that I can't have "just a couple".  maybe one night I can, then another, but eventually I'll fall into a binge. No Good!

I finally decided I wanted to be productive and healthy all the time.  We'll see..I live in a small ski town in Northern VT where it's a lifestyle to have a beer in hand any  occasion except church. In fact one of my friends who always talks like a hillbilly told me.."boy, you look Stupid sober"...quite funny..

I stand with Cack on the bar issue..once in a blue moon I may wind up in a club, thru no choice of mine..A good Honkey Tonk with a band who is really laying down some outlaw country or wailing some country blues gets me going..unfortunately, I am in the North..and we don't get that often here...Although we do have the Starline Rhythm Boys..(great local band here in New England Cack..if you can find em on the Net..)

As far as girls...I do better picking up girls in a setting where we can actually have conversation and interact, then in  a mindless industrial club setting where you can't hear yourself think...no offense guys..:)
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

lord_cack

We Be Clubbin!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 05:20:27 AM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"

I stand with Cack on the bar issue..once in a blue moon I may wind up in a club, thru no choice of mine..A good Honkey Tonk with a band who is really laying down some outlaw country or wailing some country blues gets me going..unfortunately, I am in the North..and we don't get that often here...Although we do have the Starline Rhythm Boys..(great local band here in New England Cack..if you can find em on the Net..)

I actually may find myself moving up to NH over the next year, year and half...I may be able to check the band out in person  :)

I love live entertainment....and thats something you rarely (atleast I have rarely ever seen) ever see in a club....and I don't count the local super hot DJ as live entertainment....sorry...just don't....