Author Topic: Magical Whip: Wizards of Phantasmal Forest (DSiWare)  (Read 563 times)

KingDrool

Magical Whip: Wizards of Phantasmal Forest (DSiWare)
« on: August 25, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought some of you might be interested in this game I just downloaded on my 3DS. You can also download it if you have a DSi.

It's basically Parasol Stars with Witches, instead of Bubby and Bobby. And it's got a bit of that Magical Chase art style. Considering those are both pretty good Turbo games, you guys might like it. Best part? It's only $2.

Here's a review with some screens:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1190771p1.html

Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Magical Whip: Wizards of Phantasmal Forest (DSiWare)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
Yeah, I noticed this game as well.  I was actually thinking it reminded me of Don Doko Don.  Either way, it seems Taito inspired!

hoobs88

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 03:15:37 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of that game but I am gonna have to download it since I am a huge fan of teh Bubble Bobble franchise and Don Doko Don. How is the music?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Windy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
I downloaded this one a few weeks back pretty good fun parasol stars , popnmagic, don doko don clone. plus its an E-shop cheapy at 1.99 :)
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

TheClash603

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
I got this one a few weeks ago too, well worth the $2.  Not in the same league as Parasol Stars, that should be made clear, but it's a hell off a lot cheaper.

Windy

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »
I got this one a few weeks ago too, well worth the $2.  Not in the same league as Parasol Stars, that should be made clear, but it's a hell off a lot cheaper.
Its alot harder than Parasol stars also :P but there is some good fun to be had here
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

RegalSin

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
Well that was depressing, dissapointing and unoriginal. I have tons of videogame ideas simular to that but, I lack the programmer qualities for it.

If the artwork was you know airbrushed, and not sooo commercial looking, I would probably buy the game. No really I don't mind, big doied eyed characters, but when it is done to death, has no dimension, or life and not by me, it makes me angry.

Also slimes........yeah slimes are soooo coooll lets make that the most obvious first enemy to set against a couple of younings lost in a forest, who carries magi sticks.

Also why call it magical whip???? Those are canes,darling, canes. Makes me think of that SNES rpg which was remade for the SNES I am not going to mention the name.

KingDrool

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »

Wut?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!