Author Topic: 2 trouble symptoms with my US duo...  (Read 345 times)

rag-time4

2 trouble symptoms with my US duo...
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »
So, ive had a hard time playing my US Duo for any length of time lately because of 2 problems - 1 with hucards and 1 with CDs. Basically my Duo is having diarrhea and vomiting at the same time.

With hucards, i have an intermittent problem with the system randomly cutting off, with a brief flicker of white and then a black screen of death. If i turn the system off and then on, i can play from the beinning just fine, until it cuts off again.

Wirh CDs, i have an intermittent problem with a set disc error. Sometimes it happens when i try to boot up a new game, but even worse it can happen any time the system needs to read / load from the disc.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

SignOfZeta

Re: 2 trouble symptoms with my US duo...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
What power supply are you using?

rag-time4

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:46:52 AM »
What power supply are you using?
Im using the official power supply. I have noticed that the power supply jack on the back of the console jiggles a bit.

thesteve

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
i would also suspect power supplys, however that includes the power section in the unit.
have the caps been changed yet?
does the failure happen if the unit is bumped?

rag-time4

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
i would also suspect power supplys, however that includes the power section in the unit.
have the caps been changed yet?
does the failure happen if the unit is bumped?

the caps have been changed. First by myself, then i sent it to chop5, who did a partial replacement as my replacement didnt work.

I Powered up soldier blade today (hucard) and bumped the system around pretty good with no problems, so i can safely say that the failure doesnt happen when the system is bumped. I also tried jostling and jiggling the power supply jack and again had no poblems, though it does jiggle around.

I just powered on valis I (super cd) and watched the intro, cleared stage 1, and began the cinema with no on screen trouble. I did notice a high pitched whine coming from the system when the cd was spinning.

BlueBMW

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
]the caps have been changed. First by myself, then i sent it to chop5, who did a partial replacement as my replacement didnt work.

If only a partial replacement has been done, the rest need to be done as well.  Some of the caps affect the laser's ability to read properly.  I'd start there, and then after that consider a new laser.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
i know chop was only changing the SMD caps.
he may be changing them all now