Author Topic: Hori Fighting Commander PC with a Sanwa JLF stick  (Read 173 times)

grahf

Hori Fighting Commander PC with a Sanwa JLF stick
« on: October 22, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
I picked up a Hori Fighting Commander PC the other day. It has a nice microswitch joystick, but the gate is square and unchangeable. I personally dislike square gates on anything but fighters, so I put a Sanwa JLF and an octagonal gate in it. This is a pretty simple mod, but I figured I'd post it up in case anyone wanted to see the inside of this stick.

On the left is a new Sanwa JLF stick. Mine didn't come with a mounting plate, so I re-used the one that was in the Fighting Commander. The mounting holes didn't line up, so I drilled and countersunk those four holes in the center. I'm pretty sure the mounting plate that comes on the JLF sticks would just bolt in, no drilling necessary.

Modified plate mounted to the stick, ready to go in.

Here's everything bolted in. The JLF is a pretty tall stick, but there is plenty of space.
I trimmed the wires a bit, and snipped off the extra ground wires. I just soldered the wires right to the stick. Easy enough to unsolder if need be.

You can spy a tin full of Sanwa buttons in the corner there. I decided to leave the stock buttons in for now, since they're nice quality and match the turbo switches. The ball is a Seimitsu bubble top, and it almost matches the original buttons.