Author Topic: PC-FX game availability relationship with emulation  (Read 392 times)

RURUiNa

PC-FX game availability relationship with emulation
« on: June 12, 2002, 08:22:00 AM »
Hi,

As some of you know, once a system gets emulated, the disc images for that system start hitting the internet big time.. It's a simple rule.. Most people want the images so they can play the games in emulation (for free on their pc so they don't spend hundreds on the system).. Please note the message that RIGG left on the pcenginefx suggestions board about how they want to handle the images once the emulation project is completed or at least under way.. and so on.. While it is possible to have a bad rip of a pc-fx game, the truth is that an image will always be identical to the original for the pc-fx.. for other systems you can make mp3's out of the audio and so on.. but it seems through my experience that only cdrwin's bin/cue format works for pc-fx games.. which doesn't change the disc at all.. So I ask why it's necessary for a specific group to handle the ripping if there's no difference between a copy made from a copy and a copy made from an original..

However, of course, having someone to help with the distribution is always a good thing..

I, on the other hand, want to buy originals AND have copies/images for my real systems.. I'm not a collector per se and I'm definitely not rich, but I do have 5 consoles that I both buy and copy games for..

In any case, I'm sure some of you have used the hotline servers.. It's great but there's only now 4 games available in what seems like a year..

Hopefully I don't get banned for this but..

I run an ftp.. I have about 30 pc-fx games.. About 15 of them are on the ftp at a time.. I take requests and fill them within 24 hours.. What I'm trying to do is to host every pc-fx game.. Once this happens, the ftp will switch to a user-limited free account system where anyone and everyone can download the collection..

For now, though, as my point is to complete the pc-fx collection, I require one pc-fx game upload (one that I don't yet have) in order to get download access on the ftp.. Some people that post here as well as some people from the hotline server have done this already and if you ask around I'm sure you'll find that they're happy..

If you would like to get a full download account, please upload a pc-fx game I do not have yet. At the end of this message is the ftp uploading info:

address: 65.33.165.30
port: 21
login: upload
password: uploadz

you should be able to make a folder in the UPLOADS folder for your game.. BE SURE TO READ RNAPCFXL.TXT FIRST TO SEE IF I ALREADY HAVE THE GAME..

WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO UPLOAD A GAME, MAKE SURE TO EMAIL ME AND TELL ME THAT IT'S YOU WHO'S DOING IT AND TELL ME THE LOGIN AND PASSWORD YOU WANT TO USE FOR YOUR DOWNLOAD ACCOUNT.

my email: keroppichan@hellokitty.com

Thanks!

RURUiNa

Re: PC-FX game availability relationship with emulation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 08:26:00 AM »
Also, someone here (should I mention the name?) was kind enough to upload to me the pc-fx-ga disc that he had.. This disc is available on my ftp to anyone that wants it.. It includes examples for code, for video, and so on.. It is a big download though..

-RUiNa

Pcenginefx

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 04:56:00 AM »
RURUiNa: Thanks for helping out in the PC-FX ISO area.  The reason that we haven't had a lot of releases for the RIGG servers is because the emu isn't even in beta stages, so nobody would be able to play the game unless they had an FX system (plus, it has been slow going anyway), but thanks for helping people out on your end.

EVERYONE ELSE: If anyone has comments or questions for RURUiNa (or myself) about this topic, please use private email.  I don't want to see a bunch of ISO related posts on the board as EZBOARD could get upset at me  Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

RURUiNa

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 09:53:00 AM »
Nirgends and Return to Zork have just been added.

-RUiNa

RURUiNa

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 10:22:00 AM »
Anime Freak 6 and Last Imperial Prince should be coming soon