Author Topic: What PC-FX game are you currently playing?  (Read 3411 times)

Mishran

Re: What PC-FX game are you currently playing?
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
Once a year I post in the PC-FX area.  You were lucky to be quoted in this year's rendition.  :)

You just posted twice, you broke tradition = failed this community. Your fired. [-(

:lol:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2014, 03:17:40 AM »
Once a year I post in the PC-FX area.  You were lucky to be quoted in this year's rendition.  :)

You just posted twice, you broke tradition = failed this community. Your fired. [-(

:lol:

*You're....

wait!...

SHIT!

filler

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »
Someone I know (online) started playing Miraculum and now I'm playing it too. :) It's a pretty cool little RPG. I skimmed a review that describes its greatest sin as being very conventional, but that aside it seems to be pretty fun to play so far.

I found this walk-through (http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~comefx99/mc.htm) that is set up in a really effective linear flow-chart style. What I like the most about the game is the way that it feels like a traditional 16-bit RPG in all respects aside from the obvious flare empowered by the PC-FX.

The FMV cut scenes really make it feel like a PC-FX game, plus the addition of voice to some of the in-game cut scenes, and what I think is CD music. It's very "early 32-bit" feeling, but in a good way. My only complaint is that none of it really grabs me, aside from the character designs in the FMV sequences which are quite nice.

It is growing on me the more I play, even if it's just the predictability of it all. If anything it makes it fairly easy to play, and the combat has been good thus far. It is some of the grainier FMV I've seen on the system however. I'm about 5 hours of play time in, and about 1/6 of the way through the walk-through, so I guesstimate about 30 hrs to complete the story.

esteban

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2014, 12:09:21 AM »

Someone I know (online) started playing Miraculum and now I'm playing it too. :) It's a pretty cool little RPG. I skimmed a review that describes its greatest sin as being very conventional, but that aside it seems to be pretty fun to play so far.

I found this walk-through (http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~comefx99/mc.htm) that is set up in a really effective linear flow-chart style. What I like the most about the game is the way that it feels like a traditional 16-bit RPG in all respects aside from the obvious flare empowered by the PC-FX.

The FMV cut scenes really make it feel like a PC-FX game, plus the addition of voice to some of the in-game cut scenes, and what I think is CD music. It's very "early 32-bit" feeling, but in a good way. My only complaint is that none of it really grabs me, aside from the character designs in the FMV sequences which are quite nice.

It is growing on me the more I play, even if it's just the predictability of it all. If anything it makes it fairly easy to play, and the combat has been good thus far. It is some of the grainier FMV I've seen on the system however. I'm about 5 hours of play time in, and about 1/6 of the way through the walk-through, so I guesstimate about 30 hrs to complete the story.

I stupidly traded away PC-FX before trying all the games I was curious about. Miraculum was one of those games.

You might like this:

http://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=jp&val=mir

Anyway, as you progress further in Miraculum, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the game.
  |    | 

filler

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2014, 06:32:13 AM »
Thanks for the link! I'm curious about the Ojousama ad too, but I've transcribed the text for the Miraculum ad below.

セル画総数5000枚
史上空前の
アニメRPG!!

個性豊かなキャラクターたちがフ
ルスクリーン画面に舞う、PCーFXな
らではアニメRPGが始動した。天
使召喚や天候システム、アクション
性を高めた戦闘など斬新なアイディ
アも満載。さあ、幻想と魔導科学が
支配する冒険の世界へ!

3月発売予定
価格未定

It basically says:

An anime RPG with an historically unprecedented 5000 cells of animation!

Unique characters dance across the screen in full-frame, an anime RPG unique to the PC-FX has started. It's also fully loaded with novel ideas such as angel summoning, a weather system, and a battle system with elevated action elements (I'm a little foggy on this part. The battle is strictly turn based, but it seems the weather and other elements may actually affect battle). Come on, to a world of adventure where illusion and magic reign supreme!

Scheduled for release in March
Price TBD

Rolfee says, "Play an anime game with me".

I will play an anime game with you.

I guess this game is in the series of, or a spiritual successor to Startling Odyssey. I've never really heard of those. Anyway, I'll definitely keep you posted about my thoughts.

esteban

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »

Thanks for the link! I'm curious about the Ojousama ad too, but I've transcribed the text for the Miraculum ad below.

セル画総数5000枚
史上空前の
アニメRPG!!

個性豊かなキャラクターたちがフ
ルスクリーン画面に舞う、PCーFXな
らではアニメRPGが始動した。天
使召喚や天候システム、アクション
性を高めた戦闘など斬新なアイディ
アも満載。さあ、幻想と魔導科学が
支配する冒険の世界へ!

3月発売予定
価格未定

It basically says:

An anime RPG with an historically unprecedented 5000 cells of animation!

Unique characters dance across the screen in full-frame, an anime RPG unique to the PC-FX has started. It's also fully loaded with novel ideas such as angel summoning, a weather system, and a battle system with elevated action elements (I'm a little foggy on this part. The battle is strictly turn based, but it seems the weather and other elements may actually affect battle). Come on, to a world of adventure where illusion and magic reign supreme!

Scheduled for release in March
Price TBD

Rolfee says, "Play an anime game with me".

I will play an anime game with you.

I guess this game is in the series of, or a spiritual successor to Startling Odyssey. I've never really heard of those. Anyway, I'll definitely keep you posted about my thoughts.

Thank you so much! 

I am going to use all of the info you provided to update the page. If there is any other content that inspires you, please feel free to summarize it for me!

You have no idea how helpful it is to see reliable, sensible translations...I know ad copy is pretty generic, but when I run it through OCR I get crazy, hilarious things and I'm left shrugging my shoulders.

Thanks again, and do keep us posted on any PC-FX game you play 
  |    |