Author Topic: What PC-FX game are you currently playing?  (Read 3410 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
What PC-FX game are you currently playing?
« on: November 01, 2011, 07:47:44 AM »
This part of the forum needs moar love.

Last time I played PC-FX (before school started :( ), I was playing through Dragon Knight IV.

So, you other 5 owners of PC-FX.  What's your poison.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

KingDrool

Re: What PC-FX game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
Zeroigar. It's not the greatest shmup I've ever played, but it does have some interesting features and I do like the presentation. Zeroigar is generally the first game I pop in whenever I play PC-FX.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

thesteve

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »
last played zenki
played it all the way through.
than got a second controller, for cooperative play, and played some more.

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:43:58 AM »
Sadly, I no longer own a PC-FX...  Im such a loser....

filler

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
@bernielindell There's always emulation. :)

Last I played is still Minimum Nanonic. I'm eying Sparkling Feather as my next one.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Last game I played was Zenki.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
I am in the middle of, and currently stuck in, Angelique: Requiem of the Heavens.

I've been stuck in the same spot for months (although I haven't been actively playing all this time), and I'm not sure if I'm just gonna give up or try to push on further.

It's been a fun RPG so far, so it'd be a shame to abandon it completely, however there is but one single page on the game (in Japanese) that has only proven to provide more questions than answers.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 02:47:46 AM »
@bernielindell There's always emulation. :)

Last I played is still Minimum Nanonic. I'm eying Sparkling Feather as my next one.

Sparkling Feather is amazing.  Oh man.

As for Angelique:  I Never did finish that game, but I played a good chunk, before where you are stuck.  Maybe if I get free time before you get unstuck, I will give it a go.

First, I need to finish PCFX too.... Its almost all content filled, sans screenshots.  But there is at least descriptions for every game, and thumbnails.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

trap15

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
I've been playing Farland Story FX a bit, mostly because it's the only PC-FX game I have that doesn't require too deep of a knowledge of Japanese >_>
I wish I could play Albarea no Otome more :(
Just a couple more shots desu.

pcenginesupergrafxpcfx

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
Right now I'm playing Chip Chan Kick. Soon I plan to go on to Last Imperial Prince. I'm learning Japanese so hopefully I can play a lot more games for the pc-fx.

filler

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
I just tried out a couple games. (EDIT:Sparkling) Feather was different from what I was expecting. I don't know what I think of the game-play so far. It feels a little random. Your characters frequently don't do what you want them to. I also tried some Megami Tengoku II which seems pretty cool. I like that there is a big town to explore. It reminds me of Fire Woman, only I like this environment even more. It's larger and more engaging. I like the passing of time, night/day thing too but I don't like the pace of time; it goes to fast. I'm also not really sure what I'm trying to accomplish. I think I need to try it again and pay closer attention to the dialog or maybe check a FAQ/capture.

The one I've played for a couple of nights however is Blue Breaker. This one has grabbed my attention. It's novel and interesting. It will do nothing to lessen the stigma of the system as a dating simulator since it's basically an RPG whose sole purpose is that of serving as the engine for a dating simulation. From what I can tell, your goal is to 1. Find a bride, and 2. Rid the world of the 4 dark/demon lords which you yourself seem to have been manipulated into releasing. This appears unforgivably selfish on the part of some characters, but I may be missing something. At any rate, from what I can tell you then proceed to find and recruit various girls into your party whom you then share an adventure with over time. I have to say it seems well done and really unique. I'll be playing some more of this. Not right now though because I just got Skyrim. :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:53:29 PM by filler »

filler

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »
I've been playing some PC-FX again. I started First Kiss Story which I am enjoying quite a bit. I can follow the Japanese quite well in this, maybe due to the reading level, or perhaps it's just so similar to Welcome to Pia Carrot. I wasn't sure what to expect from this exactly. I don't like the character designs right from the start. I feel the stylized forehead proportions draw too much attention and make the girls look like Frankenstein. Not one to judge a book by it's cover though, I find everything else about the game so far charming and endearing. In fact I was quite impressed with a scene I'd like to describe though it will spoil it:

You may uncover a scene where you can do karaoke with a girl. She started singing and my impression was to maybe stop and listen to her whole song but I was like "whatever" and kept going with the dialog. Then she asks you if you liked her singing. I said "Yeah, it was great!" (it was not) and she called me a liar and said she saw me not paying attention. Curious I reloaded and this time listened to her whole song and chose it again and she appreciated the complement.

This is the kind of thing that turns your expectations on ear and shows some real creativity and willingness to experiment on the part of the developers. Perhaps it's just the relatively small number of ADV games I've played, but I've never encountered this before and it was refreshing. I'm interested in playing some more and finding out what else the game has in store.

I also am interested in playing some more Megami Tengoku II. My issue before was that I was not sure what the goal was. I've since read that you are trying to win hearts and minds to get people on your side over a period of time (like 6 months or a year or something). I'm not sure exactly how you do this, or how you can tell how well your doing, but I'm interested in giving it another shot. I did read that wearing various outfits can help and I ran across a somewhat disturbing term Burusera shop which is where you can buy one of your outfits from. I think the reference in the game context is purely comical, but it's still a little creepy. At any rate I'm interested to check out a little more of the game. I'll try to do some more videos sometime soon.

Mishran

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 03:47:58 PM »
Time to bring this bad boy to the top, so BUMP!

I've got me a PC-FX and some games on the way in the mail so I have been messing around with some games with emulation to see what might interest me. Played me some Zeroigar, Last Imperial Prince, and Farland Story. Toyed with Return to Zork, Nergends, and Blue Breaker as well. A couple of the games I do have coming, but wanted to see what I can expect when they arrive.

I can already tell I didn't make a mistake in getting me one! PC-FX is awesome! :dance:

SamIAm

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 12:31:47 AM »
I'm actually playing Chip Chan Kick in anticipation of trying it two-player with a buddy who is coming to visit next week. I like it quite a lot.

tpivette

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 01:16:48 AM »
I've been playing a little of Team Innocent. The FMV cutscenes are great and alot of the menus and such are in english, so its not hard to play at all. Of course, all the text/dialog is in japanese, so I dont understand the storyline or plot too much
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate