Author Topic: Extension Cable for the PC Engine Controller  (Read 322 times)

DrGamer

Extension Cable for the PC Engine Controller
« on: October 01, 2005, 06:50:23 AM »
Anyone know where I can get one of these???
That damn cord on the controller is sooo short  :(
I don't think you can use the extension cables for the US Version with a PC Engine..aren't they different? Just like the controllers are not interchangabe:
I don't think this will work:

http://www.midwest-games.com/turturduocon.html

Thanks! :D

esteban

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 07:03:44 AM »
Do you have a U.S. TG-16? or a U.S. DUO?
  |    | 

DrGamer

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 07:04:54 AM »
I have a Japanese PC Engine Duo-R

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 07:40:08 AM »
I bought that same exact cable off Ebay last August and it will work on every Turbo/PCE related system except the TG16. It adds six feet and it feels great! I have it pluged into a Duo tap which is plugged into either my Turbo Duo or PCE console. I estimated the tap adds one foot of length, the typical controller will add about three feet, and the extender adds six feet, so if you do the math, you get about 10 feet of chord length if you have a tap included! It feels really nice to sit back so far and play like a true American. I should also add that these things plugged into systems and taps very smoothly. I would have a very hard time plugging in a tap or controller into my PCE but the first time I plugged in this extender into my PCE, it went in with no problems at all and the other ends hold a VERY firm grip on the controller chord. I highly recommend getting this for people who don't like the short chords!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

DrGamer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 07:47:46 AM »
Thanks for the info Keranu...I had heard the US Turbo Duo CD Controller extension cable was different than the Japanese Pc Engine Duo-R cable because the controller were different. I guess that is not the case :)
If you say it will work...then great!
One other question:
Can you use this Controller on a PC Engine Duo-R or not?
http://www.midwest-games.com/necbranturgr.html
I don't think you can from what you stated...
I would like to get a brand new controller if possible too...if anyone knows a place or a link  :D
Thanks again!

esteban

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 09:50:05 AM »
Quote from: "DrGamer"
Thanks for the info Keranu...I had heard the US Turbo Duo CD Controller extension cable was different than the Japanese Pc Engine Duo-R cable because the controller were different. I guess that is not the case :)
If you say it will work...then great!
One other question:
Can you use this Controller on a PC Engine Duo-R or not?
http://www.midwest-games.com/necbranturgr.html
I don't think you can from what you stated...
I would like to get a brand new controller if possible too...if anyone knows a place or a link  :D
Thanks again!
No, that controller will only work with TG-16 console. Basically, think of it this way: U.S. TG-16 console, U.S. TurboPad, U.S. TurboStick, U.S. TurboTap, U.S. TG-16 Extension Cable -- they are in the JUMBO CLUB (large DIN connector) and won't work on any other system (well, there is an adapter, but it's hard to find).

U.S. DUO, PCE, Japanese DUO consoles use a smaller DIN connector -- MINI CLUB! -- and are interchangeable.
  |    | 

D-Lite

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 03:28:01 PM »
Jay and everyone else.

I just started making these extension cables for the Duo and PCE stuff.  I can now make 6' and 10' cables.  I'm thinking $11 for the 6' and $14 for the 12', plus shipping on those.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com