Author Topic: Is this a good website to buy PCE games from?  (Read 451 times)

munchiaz

Is this a good website to buy PCE games from?
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
How is this site for buying games. Are there prices usually fair, Also how is the shipping to the US?
http://www.gameofjapan.com/index.php

SignOfZeta

Re: Is this a good website to buy PCE games from?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
Isn't Game of Japan the same shop as Hit Japan (eBay seller)? If so, its pretty much the single best place to buy PCE games. I been buying stuff from them for years.

hoobs88

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:44:01 PM »
Game of Japan = Hit-Japan (ebay seller)
Toshi runs both the ebay store and the online store in top notch manner. Great place to get games.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mishran

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
I must agree. He's a great seller. Not afraid to cut ya a deal on the games he sells. I've purchased from him in the past and have had no problems. He describes the items as well as any defects very well. Everything I've bought has been in really good shape so far.

rag-time4

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
Game of Japan = Hit-Japan (ebay seller)
Toshi runs both the ebay store and the online store in top notch manner. Great place to get games.
Toshi has nothing to do with hit-japan if were talking about the same Toshi.

Toshi's ebay id is "jump-to-japan", and his ebay store is called "japan toys and video games" and can be found right here

hit-japan is great for getting games, often complete, at good to great price. By comparison, toshi of jump-to-japan usually has high prices. Between the two, Toshi offers superior customer service and is better at giving detailed responses to questions about item condition and completeness. If youre picky about the stuff you get toshi is better if youre willing to spend a bit more. Toshi also does the best job of packing items that ive seen on ebay. I try to approach his packing standard when i sell stuff.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 05:38:46 AM »
It says powered by hit japan at the top of the site. lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

munchiaz

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 06:18:48 AM »
^ i've never used hit-japan, so the question would still be the same if i were talking about the ebay stores. Thanks for the input

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 06:43:25 AM »
^ i've never used hit-japan, so the question would still be the same if i were talking about the ebay stores. Thanks for the input

oh, I wasn't talking to you , I meant to everyone debating if it was hitjapan or not.

Either way, HitJapan and anything related to them is a great place to blow money.

They're the opposite of RisingStuff

munchiaz

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 06:57:24 AM »
^ahh ic. i thought you were giving me flake for not seeing the hit-japan thing. My apologize. Yeah Hit-japan has alot fo stuff i want. Seem to haven some decent prices for a retail store.

Flare65

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
Looks like he has a lot of PC Engine game sin stock at his website, but when you start adding themt o the cart, anything you add has the three asterics next to it, indicating that it is out of stock.  Wish he made this more clear with each game.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:11 AM »
Looks like he has a lot of PC Engine game sin stock at his website, but when you start adding themt o the cart, anything you add has the three asterics next to it, indicating that it is out of stock.  Wish he made this more clear with each game.

If you click the game descriptions, it will tell you if its in stock.

If you click add to cart by the thumbnail, it won't tell you anything.

This of course means he will probably go locate the game for you if you wait.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »
Ive bought plenty of stuff from them.  Only once did I have an issue, which was a cracked disc.  I emailed them, and they sent out a replacement disc pronto.  I have heard that their Ebay store does ship faster however than the actual site.  I have only used their Ebay handle though, so I cannot verify that. 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 12:41:01 AM »
Ive bought plenty of stuff from them.  Only once did I have an issue, which was a cracked disc.  I emailed them, and they sent out a replacement disc pronto.  I have heard that their Ebay store does ship faster however than the actual site.  I have only used their Ebay handle though, so I cannot verify that. 

They both ship about the same really.  It all depends when you buy the stuff.  I think they only ship on certain days or something.   I got stuff yesterday and it already shipped yesterday.  Guess I caught them in the morning just in time for someone to shove the min a box and mail them lol

sirhcman

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 02:12:12 AM »

Bernie I have used both and it seems the ebay side is faster because he has the games in hand. He does not have all of the games in stock that he lists on his website so you may or may not experience a delay there. If you buy through the site you should email him and ask if he has the games you want in stock.. he will usually get back to you in a day or two and let you know.

Either way it is the best way to get imports for fair prices in my opinion... You really can't go wrong with the site or ebay store :)

Hope this helps!