Author Topic: Lunar Dragon Song sucks  (Read 1012 times)

GUTS

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« on: October 04, 2005, 11:56:31 AM »
Glad I only paid $25 for it at Best Buy instead of the $40 gamestop was charging.  This stupid ass game has locked up on me TWICE in the first half hour of playing, the translation is f*cking terrible with tons of typos and badly worded sentences, and the battle system is retarded and no fun.  The losing HP while you run thing is stupid too, but I could live with that if the rest of the game was actually good.  PLUS you have to choose whether you're going to win exp or items after a battle before you fight, which is as blatant and obvious a way of artificially lengthening the game as I've ever seen.

Stay away from this crap, I can't believe Game Arts had anything to do with this game.  No wonder Working Designs had no interest in it.

Keranu

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:15:11 PM »
It's still probably a game I am going to get when I get a DS because from what I have heard, it's not really good for a Lunar game, but makes as a decent RPG for the DS.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 06:01:28 AM »
I've heard nothing but bad things about this one.  A shame, too, as it was on my "must buy" list.  That's really unfortunate.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Ninja Spirit

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 01:25:29 PM »
3-D has raped my childhood.

Keranu

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 02:03:36 PM »
Mine too.  :(
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 04:44:10 PM »
Well it's still 2D if that makes you guys feel any better!  The graphics are actually pretty decent, although the battle scenes are little weird looking at first.

The new Castlevania game, on the other hand, is incredibly awesome.

Keranu

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 07:28:18 AM »
I've seen videos for Lunar Dragon Song and thought the graphics were nice.

nodtveidt

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 02:46:56 PM »
Sounds like a bona fide piece of shit. Thanks for the heads up...I'll be sure to avoid this disasterpiece.

TJ

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 03:18:41 AM »
I bought it on the release date because Lunar is my all-time favorite RPG series. I only got to play a couple minutes of it so I can't make a fair judgement call yet, but so far, it really doesn't look, feel or play like a Lunar game. I'm busy with Castlevania DS right now, so Lunar DS is on my "to be played" pile, but I'm a little sketchy on it myself. We'll see if my Lunar fanboyism wins out or not I guess.

Keranu

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 09:08:48 AM »
Castlevania DS is on everyone's to play list :P .

akamichi

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 03:40:13 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Castlevania DS is on everyone's to play list :P .

Not mine.  Already played through the game! :D  Excellent game, but I'm not fond of collecting souls.

I like the anime style artwork rather than the gothic style, but the main character still looks retarded IMO.  hehe.

Keranu

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 08:36:08 PM »
Is Castlevania DS any better than the Castlevania games for GBA? For some reason, I get bored with the Castlevania games for GBA and don't enjoy them nearly as much as I do for the console ones.

akamichi

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 09:17:46 PM »
I know what you mean Keranu.  Although I liked all 3 GBA games, they didn't seem to capture the same feel as SoTN.  SoTN is a hard metric to live up to, but for some reason the DS version seems different yet closer to SoTN greatness than the GBA ones.  That's just my feeling.  Nothing specific to really back it up though.

The characters are much more detailed than GBA version.  The differences are immediately obvious for the main character.  It's still the same basic Metroidvania formula of course, but seems more refined on DS in terms of graphics and sound (compared to GBA versions).

Overall, you don't want to miss this game.  Not as good as SoTN IMO, but better than the GBA versions.

Keranu

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 08:44:45 AM »
Funny thing is, I've never played SotN even though I've been wanting to try it for some years. I'm the type of person who LOVES platform RPGs (Zelda II, Ys III, Blood Gear, etc...) but I just can't seem to enjoy the GBA Castlevania games. It could be the fact that they are Metroid-style with the dungeons, but I also enjoy Metroid games... I'm a confused chap :( .

GUTS

Lunar Dragon Song sucks
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »
Keranu I got bored of Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow halfway through them too, but Castlevania DS was so awesome I actually beat it and then went back for more.  It just has something special that the GBA ones were lacking, it's addicting and totally worth owning a DS for alone.