Author Topic: Modding/repair services!  (Read 1326 times)

ApolloBoy

Re: Modding/repair services!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 07:01:59 AM »
I might hit you up for a SMS FM mod this spring once MGC is over.
Hopefully viletim will have FM boards by then. I just purchased his last one for a customer on Racketboy but I hope he'll have more in stock a couple months from now.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Mathius

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
I might hit you up for a SMS FM mod this spring once MGC is over.
Hopefully viletim will have FM boards by then. I just purchased his last one for a customer on Racketboy but I hope he'll have more in stock a couple months from now.

Let's hope!

Assuming the other two mods from him go good, and I get my XRGBness setup, I might do the same, mathius!

I overlooked that one.  but it wouldn't have fit in the box anyway.  I'll get a red LED also, because it'll be dope fly.

Yeah! Looking forward to that FM synth! :D
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

guyjin

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »
Crazy question:

I've been thinking about getting a Japanese Famicom AV. one downer is the zapper incompatibility, the other is lack of mic support.

Would you explain why the US Zapper doesn't work on an AV Famicom? Is adding a microphone to a Famicom AV possible? (I suspect the answer is no, because they could have built it into the console itself otherwise.)
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ApolloBoy

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 07:06:55 AM »
Crazy question:

I've been thinking about getting a Japanese Famicom AV. one downer is the zapper incompatibility, the other is lack of mic support.

Would you explain why the US Zapper doesn't work on an AV Famicom? Is adding a microphone to a Famicom AV possible? (I suspect the answer is no, because they could have built it into the console itself otherwise.)
I haven't seen a mic mod yet. It might be possible but I've never seen anyone try to attempt it. As for the Zapper, I believe the problem is that the lines needed for the Zapper aren't present on the second controller port, so connecting pins from the expansion port to the second controller port fixes that issue.
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

ApolloBoy

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 05:23:52 AM »
This one's for both Arkhan and Mathius, here's an SMS I recently finished for a customer on Racketboy:

SMS FM audio demo

Mathius

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »
Nice!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »
I just came everywhere.

Also, I got my NES2 mod and Sega Genesis region mod back like last week.

Shit's off the muf*ckin chains, etc.

The work done is very clean, and the NES2 looks like it was supposed to have those AV jacks there.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
Here's a TurboDuo I did for a customer on AtariAge, this one has RGB and a cap replacement. The region switch was added by a previous modder.

Mathius

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 05:09:55 PM »
How much do you think it would cost for the SMS FM mod?

ApolloBoy

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
For the original SMS I charge about $85, which includes the cost of the FM board. I wish it was cheaper but there's only one person making them right now and I don't have the parts to make my own. Last time I checked if you wanted a YM2413, you had to buy an insane quantity of them, which wouldn't be cost-effective for me.

Mathius

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »
For the original SMS I charge about $85, which includes the cost of the FM board. I wish it was cheaper but there's only one person making them right now and I don't have the parts to make my own. Last time I checked if you wanted a YM2413, you had to buy an insane quantity of them, which wouldn't be cost-effective for me.

So it isn't an actual YM2413? What is the board actually? I still want to get it done in the next few months, but I am just curious.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 05:24:22 PM »

So it isn't an actual YM2413? What is the board actually? I still want to get it done in the next few months, but I am just curious.

The board contains a real YM2413 with all the necessary circuitry needed to interface it with the SMS's expansion port and it also has a wire that connects to the SMS's audio circuitry so the FM audio is mixed in with the PSG audio. Here's a schematic of viletim's FM board:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:21 AM »
my brain just ruptured.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
Here's a C64 I did for a customer on Famicom World! The JiffyDOS installation you see on the screen was performed by a previous modder.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »
Bump.