Author Topic: Modding/repair services!  (Read 1356 times)

guyjin

Re: Modding/repair services!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »
The region switch was added by a previous modder.

Do you know who did the region mod? I take it they hid the switch under the CD cover. that's kinda neat.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ApolloBoy

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 08:09:30 AM »
The region switch was added by a previous modder.

Do you know who did the region mod? I take it they hid the switch under the CD cover. that's kinda neat.
I'm not quite sure, but I think it may have been D-Lite. When I had a region modded PCE Duo, I got it from him who had it pre-modded. Whoever modded it also replaced the audio caps, but I honestly think he could've done it better, as he made the cap leads a bit on the long side and one of the solder pads was pulled off. None of the 470uF caps were replaced either, which was something I rectified when I replaced the remaining caps.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:12:08 AM by ApolloBoy »
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

ApolloBoy

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
Updated!
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

thesteve

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
i put my switches under the cd cover, that system has a pushbutton in the back, and a huge mess of wire going to it
mine

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:41:27 PM by thesteve »

ApolloBoy

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 08:08:56 AM »
i put my switches under the cd cover, that system has a pushbutton in the back, and a huge mess of wire going to it
mine
As I said, I didn't do that mod. I'm thinking it may have been done by D-Lite since my old PCE Duo had the same switch.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
Just an FYI to everyone, Apollo's NES2 AV mod and MD region mod are top notch and look really nice.

and the AV mod works great.  Buy his services
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

drunkn ghost

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »
I have a model 2 Genesis that I wanted to get everything done to but you mention some of them can't have s video. Is there a easy way to tell if mine is the right version?

thesteve

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
ya need to check the number on the chip by the AV jack

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:26 AM »
Any chance you do Mega Drive region mods?  I see the Genesis is on the list, but wanted to ask.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »
ya need to check the number on the chip by the AV jack
Yep, if it says KA2195D, then it can't be modded. Everything else can to my knowledge.

thesteve

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »
the chip can be replaced, but thats more work

ApolloBoy

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
Here's a Neo Geo AES I did for a customer on Famicom World, this one has S-video, stereo audio, power LED and a Universe BIOS install!

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 02:39:08 AM »
Looks awesome!

ApolloBoy

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »
Bumping for cut down prices!

glazball

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »
  Just got my Duo back today from having her caps replaced by ApolloBoy, and I couldn't be happier.  I was having occasional disc read errors and the cap replacement fixed it right up.  Now she works perfect and I'm warm inside knowing it'll last me for many years now.  Thanks man!
glazball's game collection and wantlist