Author Topic: Broadband for PCE/TG/PCFX  (Read 238 times)

alexsduo

Broadband for PCE/TG/PCFX
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
I know, that this is very unlikely, but any way to play multiplayer over LAN?

I have been trying to lookup the PCFX, as it has expansion ports, but probably no ethernet, or phone jack?

Anyone have any ideas?

Obviously, emulators can do this, but why?
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Mishran

Re: Broadband for PCE/TG/PCFX
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
Would be so f@cking sweet if this was possible! Downloadable games, software updates, add-on content, etc. Hellz yes please! :dance:

HercTNT

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11:41 PM »
there was a group that made an x-band pc emulator. Users of Snes and genesis X-bands could connect to a pc server and play against respective machines, chat, and so on.  Apparently it worked really well. such a device can be made, how much work it would take though would probably be monsterous. i can guarentee you that i would use it till it burst into flames. I would love to see a card modem that would slip into the hu slot on the turbo.

alexsduo

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »
I will research this, and try to get a fund together to build this.. Warning, I do not know anything about said things, so it will probably never happen...

I wonder if there was a card for the PCFX, as it was very much like a computer, and had expansion..

My ladyfriend and I, played dr. mario with the help of an emulator, a couple times, many miles away, and was awesome!

MotherGunner

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »
It is possible, I'm just not smart enough to know how.  I had a very smart friend a long time ago who worked at Lockheed Martin in Sunnyvale, CA.  He and his friends managed to network a few Atari 2600's and used them to play LAN'ed two player games.  It was so long ago I didn't understand what he was talking about at the time.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

alexsduo

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »
1.  find him.
2.  give him money, games, or whatever is his fancy
3.  play lan turbo grafx over the internetz