Author Topic: FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade  (Read 3967 times)

Samurai Ghost

Re: FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 12:31:05 AM »
I have several games complete with their cardboard boxes. I have properly disposed of the boxes in the past by ripping them up, burning them, etc. as I see no "value" in the boxes myself. If lack of room dictates, I will properly dispose of the boxes I have now. If someone is out to collect "mint" then they are not a true OBEY'r. Games are meant for playing, dammit, not sitting around looking pretty. I suppose though that if people have the money to throw away on something so useless, more power to them. [-X

Although there are plenty of collectors out there who want to buy this stuff, I pretty much agree with you here. For instance, why do people care so much about spine cards? When I got game I used to just throw them away as they are annoying and useless pieces of paper, but I know some people are picky about having them so these days I usually tuck them into the instruction booklets in case I decide to sell them one day. But I guess that's what makes them collectable, as most people just toss them (as they used to do with NES boxes, etc.) Missing a manual is a pretty big deal as it has a lot of extra art/info from the game, but I can't see a single thing a spine card adds other than an annoyance.

I guess boxes have nice artwork, but I couldn't see myself spending a lot of money for one. Plus the fact that cardboard is always going to get damaged to a certain extent. That's why I don't bother to look for NES/FC/SNES/SFC games in box as they usually look like crap already, and why I love collecting Master System/Megadrive/Genesis games with their clam-shell boxes that look nice even after two decades of use.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:35:39 AM by Samurai Ghost »

Mishran

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 01:13:37 AM »
I normally tuck the spine card between the case insert and cd tray. It takes up no real space and I usually tend to forget it's in there. #-o

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »
I normally tuck the spine card between the case insert and cd tray. It takes up no real space and I usually tend to forget it's in there. #-o

Yeah, that's a good place to keep it. If it's with the instructions it tends to fall out/get in the way. I should put more of my spine cards in there.

esteban

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:18 AM »
I didn't read this entire thread, but the reason why it's nice to have a box (assuming it is in decent shape) is because it is fun to see how it appeared at retail. I used to keep my NES boxes (back in the 80's), but it took up a lot of space (I stored them separately). Later, I ended up selling all my NES games (sans boxes) to fund 16-bit purchases. Well, I eventually found the old NES boxes, and it was a blast to look at the old NES art. I also realized that I should never had sold the NES games. Oh well.

blah blah blah
  |    | 

mrhaboobi

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 06:51:53 AM »
I have several games complete with their cardboard boxes. I have properly disposed of the boxes in the past by ripping them up, burning them, etc. as I see no "value" in the boxes myself. If lack of room dictates, I will properly dispose of the boxes I have now. If someone is out to collect "mint" then they are not a true OBEY'r. Games are meant for playing, dammit, not sitting around looking pretty. I suppose though that if people have the money to throw away on something so useless, more power to them. [-X

Yup games are meant for playing, but as a kid half as much fun as completing the game was just gazing at the boxes and looking at the pictures, especially when i wasnt always able to play as much as a i wanted ( damn parents and school ). Also i liked to keep my games tidy, mint, well looked after, they were my cherished items, i didnt get a new game that often, they were not cheap when i did get a new gamei was played and played and beat it, but it was still looked after, put back in its boxes as they were special items ( i remember getting FF3 and Chrono Trigger for SNES, i played them non stop but i still have them as new as the day i got them in their boxes) .  Now i have the same habit, and i like to have my gear mint, i guess its a pride thing.. So the offer to you and others that dont desire the boxes as much as other, is if you have any boxes you do want to get rid of, and they are mint, then i would love to know if you have the last few i want to add to my collection as to me the games deserve to have everything they came with and in as good a condition as i can get them.. doesnt mean they wont be played.. you can look after your gear and enjoy the look of them at the same time..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
I occasionally keep spine cards I there is art or text on them that is cool and isn't on the game itself. Examples: Saphhire (PCE) and Capcom versus SNK 2 (DC). Most of the time though I destroy them on principle.

drsreym

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
I'm interested in buying it please keep me up to date.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
I wonder how much he is expecting to get for it?  I aint one to keep boxes myself, so I couldnt see paying a lot.  However, I am sure since it is this game, it will be a substantial amount. 

SMF

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »
Whoever wins should tell us how much they paid for it   :D
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

jperryss

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »

I know many of us will be a little curious but I think it's decent that the OP is giving the buyer the option to disclose it or not.

Maybe just keep an eye on the "What did you buy today" thread. :D

SMF

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »

I know many of us will be a little curious but I think it's decent that the OP is giving the buyer the option to disclose it or not.

Yea prolly won't know and that's cool. I know in the past people have paid up to $450 for a mint box. I dnt see the point in a box by it self. But kudos to the seller letting the forum members have first crack at it.

jperryss

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »
Whoever wins should tell us how much they paid for it   :D

Yea prolly won't know and that's cool. I know in the past people have paid up to $450 for a mint box. I dnt see the point in a box by it self. But kudos to the seller letting the forum members have first crack at it.

Me neither. I hate boxes for the sole reason that they don't line up with the jewel cases on the shelf.

And yeah, $450 is almost half of what I've paid for my entire collection.

geise

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:10 AM »
The whole reason to have it would be for resale value.  Expect to see a loose MC with a box on ebay in the near future.  I have a feeling the OP will make a decent amount of money.  I have boxes to my games,  but I don't go out of my way to buy a game complete with a box.  I did however buy Neutopia complete (almost mint) with a box, but that was because it was only $17 bucks.  All my boxed games besides Neutopia, were bought brand new back in the day.  I just decided to keep them.  The whole reason was cause that's how it was when I bought it.  Now I could really care less.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:34:57 AM by geise »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 05:22:08 AM »
To be fair, Magical Chase is one of those later releases where the cheap bastards skipped the case. The crappy cardboard box is the only "case" you get. So while the box is normally a useless wrapper for the case, if you don't have the box for MC you have a loose MC...which kind of sucks. One more reason to buy the PCE version.

SMF

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 06:27:53 AM »
To be fair, Magical Chase is one of those later releases where the cheap bastards skipped the case. The crappy cardboard box is the only "case" you get. So while the box is normally a useless wrapper for the case, if you don't have the box for MC you have a loose MC...which kind of sucks. One more reason to buy the PCE version.

Or do what I did, Get a keith courage case with a Sparky label and a authentic Magical Chase case.