Author Topic: FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade  (Read 3966 times)

geddon_jt

FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade
« on: January 15, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
Dear all,

I am very fortunate to own a complete copy of US Magical Chase. I have owned this game since about 2007 and bought it from a fellow who bought it new upon release in 1993.

Due to financial reasons, and other considerations, I am strongly considering selling the cardboard box to this game. It is too much of a pain to hunt down the other boxes I'm missing and therefore I have come to terms with having a jewel+manual+cart based collection. I will keep the cartridge and manual.

Here is my dilemma. I would like to sell this to a community member rather than ebay it. However, I know how price sensitive people are on this site, and I won't mince words saying that I want a lot of money for this box. If I come right out with a price, I feel there is a pretty good chance I will wind up in that gouging thread and I don't want nor need that. However, I also hate selling threads where people say "make me an offer." So I am torn. In conclusion, I would like to get PMs from those of you who are interested in the item, and then I will perhaps contact you each with my price. I might change my mind on how to go about this but that seems to make the most sense for now.

I will, of course, provide hi-res photos to interested parties. This box is pretty special. It still has the outer shrink-wrap and hangtag on it, but was carefully opened at the very top to remove the game. The plastic inner tray is included. The box is basically in perfect shape with the following "flaws": the flap at the top has minor creasing from being opened to remove the game. Also, on the face of the box toward the bottom right are some marks, that almost look as if someone was writing with a ball point pen on top of the box before it was shrink-wrapped. You can't even see these "indentations" unless you hold it up to the light. The box is kind of wavy/curvy as is typical of all Turbo games released without a jewel case.

Please PM me if you are genuinely interested in this box. No, I am not a reseller, but a Turbo fan since I got one at 10 years old in 1989. So please go easy on the criticism.

I also have many more boxes I haven't yet listed but I may be interested in trading for the last few items I need to complete the US collection. Those items are as follows:

USA NTSC TURBOGRAFX-16/DUO COMPLETE GAMES NEEDED
================================================

Addams Family (CD)
Battle Royale
Darkwing Duck
It Came from the Desert (CD)
Jack Nicklaus Turbo Golf (CD)
JB Harold Murder Club (CD)
John Madden Football (Super CD)
Somer Assault
Sonic Spike Volleyball

TURBOGRAFX-16/DUO ORPHANS NEEDED
================================
B=box, J=jewel case, M=manual, C=cart

Hit the Ice (M)
Timeball (J,M)
Veigues Tactical Gladiator (C)

Maybe some of you who have the above items can let me know what cardboard boxes you are after and I will let you know if I have them. Thanks everyone! Kind regards, John

geddon_jt

Re: FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 07:02:43 AM »
Quick update everyone. I have received a LOT of interest and I really appreciate it. I haven't yet responded to any PMs. What I intend to do is give this about another 24 hours and send all interested parties an email with my sale price and photos. This email will be sent simultaneously to all to make it fair. At that point, whatever person is first to offer what I am asking (or if nobody does, the highest offer?) is who I will sell the box to.

Thanks again everyone for your interest. Best regards, John

Sparky

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
ok, at least your being straight up and honest about your intentions <<shrugs>> personally i would not pay a lot for a box, or even a manual but there are some crazies out there that will so i bet you will get what you want for it, nice you offered it up here first.

BUT if any f ebay members out there considering be very careful  :twisted:

SMF

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
ok, at least your being straight up and honest about your intentions <<shrugs>> personally i would not pay a lot for a box, or even a manual but there are some crazies out there that will so i bet you will get what you want for it, nice you offered it up here first.

BUT if any f ebay members out there considering be very careful  :twisted:

LOL I for one wont be paying over $20 for a box lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
I'm sure you'll offend, or at least amuse, a lot of people here. I wouldn't worry about it though. Anyone who is enough of a dipshit to pay actual money for a useless cardboard box that does nothing but mimic the same art that is on the case itself obviously is open to the idea of spending way too much money on nothing. Basically, the only people who think its worth anything are the ones who are your potential buyers, so ignore all the a$$holes, such as myself, who consider this sort of deranged materialism totally laughable.

neoxeno

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
I'm sure you'll offend, or at least amuse, a lot of people here. I wouldn't worry about it though. Anyone who is enough of a dipshit to pay actual money for a useless cardboard box that does nothing but mimic the same art that is on the case itself obviously is open to the idea of spending way too much money on nothing. Basically, the only people who think its worth anything are the ones who are your potential buyers, so ignore all the a$$holes, such as myself, who consider this sort of deranged materialism totally laughable.

+1
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

MotherGunner

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
Good one Zeta.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
Yeah, I agree. 

BlueBMW

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:10 PM »
To the OP, thank you for offering it here first versus going to ebay.  That is appreciated!  As others have said, not all of us see the value in the boxes, but there are collectors with the disposable income to afford such things, so let em have it :D  Good luck with the sale!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bust3dstr8

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
Real life bills>>>>>>> hobby funtime. You shouldn't be in a dilemma about getting the most money possible for a useless cardboard box.
Clowns Suck

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 02:47:10 PM »
I for one, see no point in collecting card board boxes considering you could replicate one so easily.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »
Replicating one is even stupider. It doesn't f*cking do anything. Its only positive characteristic is being %100 legit and real. If its not legit and real its completely pointless.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »
i think its great that hes prepared to offer it here first and given the number of pms hes said he has had its evidence that plenty of people would pay for a box even if there are a few people that dont see the value, i guess thats what makes the difference between pure collectors and pure players, i like to think i sit somewhere in the middle, where i like to play the games but still want the games complete and mint..  op for the overseas members could you try and make it a decent time for your email, im particularly interested in your list of other boxes.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

SignOfZeta

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure most people are in the middle. I haven't beaten Super Star Soldier on the hardest difficulty, but I'm not going to pay $200 for a cardboard sleeve either.

Mishran

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 09:49:15 PM »
I have several games complete with their cardboard boxes. I have properly disposed of the boxes in the past by ripping them up, burning them, etc. as I see no "value" in the boxes myself. If lack of room dictates, I will properly dispose of the boxes I have now. If someone is out to collect "mint" then they are not a true OBEY'r. Games are meant for playing, dammit, not sitting around looking pretty. I suppose though that if people have the money to throw away on something so useless, more power to them. [-X